Givenchy Dahlia Noir EDP

Filtered by age: 36-43
Givenchy Dahlia Noir EDP

4.6

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

To me, this has the smell of expensive make up... I love it :-)... it is a little bit of a powdery smell, but I think that makes it fresh. I love :-)

on 3/4/2013 8:31:00 PM

I love this perfume on me...it has staying power & I feel sophisticated & sexy while wearing it. I believe I have found my signature scent!

on 10/18/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have the Dahlia Noir with the black lid.
It smells just like Baby Powder once it has settled on the skin.
I have now purchased a bottle for my Daughter and one for myself, we both love it!
Quite pricey though for the size of the bottle ... but worth it!
Just watch out you pick the right bottle! The pink lid one has a very rose based smell they are very different but seem to have the same names!!

on 9/1/2012 4:01:00 PM

I don't think this is hugely popular, but I like it. My husband didn't hate it, but was unimpressed: of the EdP he said: "It smells like someone used perfume, washed it off, and then covered themselves with baby powder." The EdT was: "The perfume used before they had a wash and used the powder." I think it's a pretty, powdery, woodsy-musk scent.
It's not pushy, it's easy to wear. Powder and musk are prominent and I'm not sure whether perfumistas will find it different or distinctive. I'd say it's an everyday fragrance that's nevertheless pretty enough for a formal occasion, with a similar versatility to Chanel Beige and Chanel Chance. Not that I'm comparing the three, but I feel these scents can be worn pretty much anywhere without people thinking it's overkill.
The EdP of Dahlia Noir is the version I prefer, because the citrus notes in the top of the EdT are too much for my taste. EdT fades quite quickly, the EdP has better longevity. The dry downs of both EdT and EdP are sort of similar (the citrus note in the EdT persists well into the dry down and becomes nicer, less in-your-face) but on first spray they smell like different perfumes because the citrus really is a standout note that's missing from the EdP.
The EdP has a lovely, powdery sandalwood note that gets on well with the musk. I don't get a pink pepper note (listed in some 'official ingredients' lists) which is a good thing because these days the smell is overused. There's a nondescript, dry-ish floral, and the vanilla-tonka is nice and warm but not too cloying -- the base also is quite dry.
It's a quiet and classy scent, soft and pretty. I think it smells very feminine - and the biggest selling points for me are: it's unobtrusive, not too sweet and I like soft musk / powder. I'd buy it if it was on sale and wear it sparingly -- because the beauty of this one is subtlety. The musk is not as sexy as the one in NR EdT and it isn't as rosy/floral a scent as NR EdP. But if you want a gentle, woodsy-musky scent, you could do a lot worse.
The name Dahlia Noir is wrong: it's not 'noir' at all, it's more the colour of the perfume itself -- pale pink, kind of the same pink of the Narciso Rodriguez EdP bottle. For some reason it reminds me of pink silk French knickers, edged in cream lace -- or a slinky, sexy, pink silk dress worn with very little underneath! ; )

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

To me, Dahlia Noir EDP is altogether lovely... At first, I wasn't sure if I'd like it because it is classified as a "chypre floral" perfume and "chypres" typically turn me off. At first spray, DN kind of smells like Elie Saab EDT (nice), but then segues into it's own creamy, sexy, classy uniqueness (even nicer). In a perfume world full of wildly complex notes, I can sincerely appreciate how with Dahlia Noir, such simple basic notes combine into something reallly special. (Dahlia Noir's Published Notes: --TOP: Mimosa, Rose-- --HEART: Iris, Powdery Notes -- --BASE: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean-) For me, this will be a year-round scent. (big plus)... This perfume puts Givenchy back on my dresser. Givenchy gave me my very first favorite perfume back in the late 80s (Ysatis) and then another in the mid-90s (Amarige). Of late, however, I had become disillusioned with Parfums Givenchy. It had been many years since they produced a perfume that I really liked, although Givenchy's Ange o Demon came close.. As for Dahlia Noir... *Perfume Love*.... I think I'll be reaching for this one often, and after so many years given my history with Givenchy, it's nice to finally add one back to the top of my current perfume collection. 5-lippies!

Popular Fragrances