e.l.f. Cosmetics beauty school - eyeshadow palette natural

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/24/2013 8:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I was surprised at how pigmented these shadows are, and how well they stayed on. I have warm-toned skin, so I stayed away from the top row of cool pales, but the peach, copper and matte dark brown in the bottom row work really well for me. I could see that these would need a primer, they don't contain a strong binder. Palette is easy to open and contains a strip of mirror so you can see your eyes up close, very helpful. You just can't beat the price!

on 5/21/2013 12:40:00 AM

I really love e.l.f. products, however this was a dud and epic fail for me. They were extremely chalky with no pigment. I tried them dry, I tried them wet, I tried them with primer, without primer. All epic fails. Also, the colors were odd. I think I was expecting this neutral palette to have warm undertones to the colors, but they were definitively leaning cool. I was actually going to throw this away, but I gave it to one of my sister's friends who never wears makeup and wanted to play around with them. If she hadn't taken them, they would be in the trash. Thank goodness it was only 3 bucks.

on 2/25/2013 3:08:00 AM

I have concluded that most e.l.f. eyeshadows, aside from their stellar Mineral Eyeshadows, are chalky in texture and have very little color pay-off. I was looking forward to loving this palette as I wanted to use an affordable natural/neutral palette to take with me on the go, but this palette went wrong in so many ways. While the shades were pretty in the palette and had an appreciable variety of finishes (matte and shimmer), the texture on a few of them were chalky, and overall it took some work to get them to show even with an eyeshadow primer. All 5 of the lighter shades were so poorly pigmented that they muddied up; it might as well be an eyeshadow duo.

The packaging was even more disappointing than I imagined it would be; while it was beautifully packaged in a sleek compact, it snapped closed so tight that it wouldn't open until after after pulling and tugging and chipping off half the nail polish on my thumb. The last straw: two of the eyeshadows crumbled in their pans even under light handling, so I had to press them back into their pans. Truly, it was a mistake for e.l.f. to charge any money at all for this failure of a palette. I will be sticking to Maybelline and NYX eyeshadows from here on out, as these are definitely worth an extra $1 or two for far less trouble than e.l.f. shadows.

I'm sorry- after a streak of good reviews on this product, the party pooper has to show up at some point; that person is me. I've read all the glowing reviews on this product and bought it, thinking that this would be the perfect palette to travel with. I mean, it's got 6 neutral tones of light, medium and dark shades- what more could you want? It was extremely cheap, for only $5 at Target. However, when I got home, I was extremely disappointed. The colors were not pigmented at all, wet or dry. The shadows practically fell apart when I tried to pick them up. Plus, when I tried to do a look, they just stuck to my brush. I didn't even bother trying to wear these out on a normal day- so I don't know about the longetivity of them. These are very chalky, and they do not show up well at all. I felt so bad because the colors looked so beautiful and promising in the packaging, but they didn't live up to my expectations. Also, I accidentally dropped it, and the lid snapped right off. I was like, "Are you kidding me??". The palette just added injury to insult on its behalf. I had to give it away to my mom in the end.I will not be repurchasing this palette.

on 4/19/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

received this in a swap. I know why she wanted to get rid of it. The colors are not very pigmented. They are also very powdery. Once you touch them with a brush, they totally disintegrate.

on 11/2/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Beautiful palette, unfortunately half of the colors aren't very pigmented. I really wanted this to be my go to palette when I'm on the go or in a rush getting ready for work but the lack of pigmentation really disappointed me, sad to say I won't buy this again.