Illamasqua Jo'mina

Illamasqua Jo'mina
Jo'minaJo'minaJomina

4.9

on 7/7/2017 4:55:00 PM

I bought this polish a long time ago, but it remained untried until now. I thought this polish was overhyped hence why I kept putting off trying it, but now I can see why this polish has so many great reviews.

Jo 'Mina is a bright lilac, cream polish. It's such a pretty colour for spring/summer months. The colour may not be terribly unique, but what sets this polish apart is the formula. There were no streaks at any point - the first coats covered really well. I added the second coat to build up the opacity.

I like Illamasqua bottles, they come with removable cap, which have comfortable, non-slip grip. Quality wise, I find Illamasqua polishes to be excellent (I own about 20 of their polishes and they are all great).

on 6/12/2016 12:01:00 AM

I bought a bunch of polishes on Hautelook for $5 each. This is the first one I tried. I will spare you from a photo since I used it on my toes. It is an AMAZING polish. Opaque in 2 coats, perfect formula, wears for as long as you want. I am terrible with variations within a color, but I consider this to be a dark cool lavender. The only thing I notice that is odd is if I screw the cap on tightly, it doesn't lie flush with the bottle, so I can't put it back in the box.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Can't....stop....staring.....

Application was a dream. Two layers, both the smoothest I have experienced to date. I normally use OPI, Essie, tried Dior (chiptastic), and various drugstore brands. Illamasqua Jo'mina applied itself. I used (for my 1st time) essie's fast dry top coat. No shrinkage.

The color is as mentioned by many others, stunning vibrant purple. Even if you're not normally a purple lover, this one is a must to try.

I'm only on day two of wear. Will update once chips and/ or grows out on how it wears.
UPDATE. Got one tiny chip after 4 days. I could keep it on longer, but my nails grow too fast. This polish IME is long lasting. Love it.

on 7/10/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

All I can say about this polish is...wow. I'm not normally a purple lover, but this is simply one of the most gorgeous polish shades out there, with a fantastic formula to match. I would describe Jo'Mina as a very vibrant lilac, but also as a color that somehow manages to avoid pastel territory. It's easily one of the most flattering cool shades I've ever come across for my warm olive skin. Application is a dream, two easy coats leave a very glossy, hard-wearing finish. Illamasqua has nailed it again with his one - as far as I am concerned, they offer the best formula on the market and a wonderful color selection, particularly if you are a fan of high-powered shades. Highly recommended.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This nail polish was my gateway drug. I used to hate painting my nails but when I was browsing Sephora I thought this color looked beautiful so I bought it. The application is so smooth and the color is gorg.

on 2/26/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best polishes I have ever owned. This stuff wears like iron and the color...wow. This is such a vibrant lilac color. It is very eye catching and I got no less than 5 comments on it the first time I wore it.

It's one of those polishes you must own. So easy to apply, 2 coats, and so easy to take off. It put itself on and took itself off so easily. I truly cannot explain how much this polish deserves hype.

on 4/24/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This nail polish lasts longer on me than any other nail polish in my collection. Most polishes chip on me between 1-3 days of wear. This also applies like a dream. I got this in the Illamasqua Mystery Box and I am *very* interested in trying out other colors. Amazing quality. Goes on opaque and smooth in 1 coat. Lasts and lasts and LASTS on my toes. Very springy color.

on 5/16/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is an beautiful light violet color, and one of my all-time favorite polishes. It's so saturated and bright it almost looks glowy. I love that it's pastel yet vibrant at the same time. This spring, I've loved admiring how beautiful the flowers look in bloom, and this polish color evokes the same type of marvel.

on 5/13/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Jo'Mina purely for it's unique colour, a gorgeous electric lilac, unlike anything I've ever seen. Illamasqua polishes apply so smoothly on my nails, zero dragging of the brush and the colour see on the bottle is exactly what you'll get on your nails. Jo'Mina requires only 2 coats to reach opaqueness, you could probably get away with only 1. The shade looks absolutely amazing against my light-medium NC25 skintone. Yes, Illamasqua polishes are expensive but I only ever try to buy their unique shades which other brands don't have.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of my all-time favourite nail polishes. Jo'mina is a pastel purple unlike any others on the market. The colour speaks for itself. Rich, heavily pigmented and very creamy, this polish is hard to fault. Like other reviewers have commented, only one coat is necessary for full opaqueness, and two to reach perfection. It dries glossy and hard. Very beautiful nail polish and I adore the unique Illamasqua packaging. Love it!

Popular Polishes