Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color
Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

4.2

on 3/29/2018 10:45:00 AM

When they say waterproof, they mean waterproof. I can actually blot my oily/sweaty brows and it doesn't budge. Light is the perfect color for my ashy blonde hair. (Not sure why the other light one is called Light Ash, as it's more golden/reddish. I think of "ashy" as greyish and Light is definitely more greyish than Light Ash.) My one complaint is that I've used it for a week and it already seems to be drying out. The cap snaps tightly so make sure you hear an audible SNAP when you recap it. It's possible I didn't recap correctly the first few days.

on 3/22/2018 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have backups of this brow pen at all times. I have tried everything out there for brows. I have dark brows and brunette hair. As I age and my brows have thinned, the darker shades we’re looking heavy and unnatural. In comes this blind but to save the day! I got the medium shade which when I first opened I thought was a huge mistake as it looks so light. However, this perfectly fills in sparse areas particularly my tails which have the typical issues associated with a lifetime of Thyroid issues, thinned out immensely!
I do put Benefit Gimme Brow in my brows after this for a bit of hold and thickening but this pen fills in my brows naturally and perfect for those of us who fing the IG Brows to be aging or too much effort.
Highly recommend. I’ve not texted this in the gym or swimming but it’s winter here, rain and snow and it’s never ran or smudged.
Highly recommend if you want a natural way to fill in sparse areas in brows.

on 1/12/2018 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have pretty thick eyebrows with some pretty extreme sparse spots from past illness and eyebrow abuse over the years.

I am also microbladed. However, as amazing as microblading is (life changing when done right), it isn't perfect, it doesn't always fade evenly, or start perfectly even (because you're brows are perfect and not identical to begin with), or look like the brow definition you want when you want to be extra polished and made up (although, they look amazing for everyday with nothing but a brush through).

This product allows me to literally create a few extra lines and even out where my microblading or eyebrow hairs aren't exactly what I want/need them to be.

And, it doesn't budge or smudge!

I love this! I used to used Stila's eyeliner of the same name for this purpose (I didn't know this existed yet), but this is even thinner and more precise. It looks like I just got a microblading touch-up every time I apply it (which means, virtually undetectable and natural). LOVE! ❤️❤️❤️

on 10/9/2017 3:57:00 PM

I picked this up because I needed something to help me extend my brows slightly and pencil and pomade just weren't cutting it. My brow tails are so thin most products didn't look natural.

I picked this up in Light. I wasn't sure it would work at first because the first swatch was so sheer. However, it is buildable so this actually can be an asset to some. You can get a very sheer, light colour if needed. It can however, be a little tedious when filling in some spots. I really only noticed the sheerness with lighter shades.

This product LASTS. The swatch on the back of my hand lasted an entire day.

It does have a little bit of a shine to it but it's nothing anyone would notice.

It's perfect for fine, precise work and it doesn't budge. The tails of my brows look natural and they don't smear off part way through the day like pencil did.

If you want a very precise brow, a more natural look or want to draw in individual hairs, this is the product for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have finally found my HG brow product!!!! All hail. Seriously though, this is amazing stuff. I have naturally thick, brunnette coloured brows that are sparse in some areas. The shade in dark was perfect. When I was swatching I tried roughly rubbing it off, it only faded a tiny bit, so that's wonderful. The applicator is something I haven't seen before. It's something to get used to, but im willing to practice. It kind of forces you to use a light hand to apply because it's a very flexible wand. I love this more than any pencil I've tried or even my trusty Brow Extender II, because it looks SO natural, with amazing colour payoff. I used to get my brows tinted, but this product actually makes them look like they already are. One extra thing I do is brush them out right after application (this dries fast) especially at the inner brow, just to blend it out more naturally and because Im a bit sparse in that area, so any mistakes I make with it are noticeable. I'm so happy I picked this up! Honestly for the performance you can't go wrong with the price either.

on 4/21/2017 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried this product in two colors: medium and dark. Medium was too light for me and I bought it because it looked darker on the website. Dark, however, is the right color. This is a great product for filling in, although it is not the product to use if your want your thin, sparse eyebrows (like mine) to look thick. Because the tip is great for precision and it good for filling in, I use the product with in combination with others. It has a pretty natural look and I have found it pretty waterproof. It has held up against sweat and humidity and sleep. If you shower with it on the outline will remain, but it will mostly come off. The good news is that if you are exposed in the rain it should last. Many reviews have complained that the product dried out quickly, but I found the opposite to be true: With extensive every day use on my thin, sparse brows and without the combination with other products, this thin brow pen lasted me several months! It costs $21 from Stila and I would recommend it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really loved this at first... but after only a few uses it was already completely dried out. Not worth it, although it did give a great natural looking brow during the time it was still usable. Not for someone wanting a crisp, "instagram" brow.

on 9/7/2016 9:59:00 AM

This is my fourth eyebrow liquid pen experience (tried Suqqu, Maikohan, and Excel from Noevir) and I`m not impressed. At first I was happy to see that I don`t have to blow 4000JPY every time I need an eyebrow pen (talking about Suqqu), but Stila`s just don`t cut it for me. I use the medium stain and while I do find it waterproof (it lasts all day on me in a hot & humid environment plus a gym workout) and the color is a good match for me, that`s where all the good points end. I don`t think the tip of the marker is fine enough for drawing hairs and the product is drying up really quickly in the tube so the color payoff is noticeably less just after a week!(I did store it upside down). Used it side by side with Suqqu and Excel and I have to say I will only be buying Excel in the future because:
1) Costs only 1400 JPY (about 14 US$)
2) Comes with a liquid/powder combo (the other end has a powder tip the same color as the liquid)
3) Lasts longer (been using that little pen for 2.5 weeks and it`s still going strong
4) The quality is superior: Man that brush tip is so fine and stiff that it actually draws realistic looking hairs! With Stila my brows look too fake, the stroke marks are too coarse and obvious.
5) The color range is pretty nice, covering everything from redheads to blondes and brunettes and everything in between.
So, nope, I won`t be repurchasing Stila.

on 5/26/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This could be a good product especially for those starting out with brow makeup, or who want a very light colour, however it is very poor value for money and does not live up to claims.

-This product is absolutely not waterproof in any way. I mean, it's just really not. Rain, sweat, flicks of water, bam, your brows are gone. I cycled 15 minutes to work and I was horrified when I looked in the mirror. I don't even sweat much. I'm not sure if this only applies to the darker shades, because I've seen other reviews where people do think it's waterproof. The medium to dark browns really do not withstand water.
-When your brows do get wet, or if you begin to sweat for whatever reason even ever-so-slightly, they get a horribly patchy look to them and it's actually really difficult to reapply the pen over the top. Like trying to draw on wax paper. You need to wash the original off first. Not good when you're out and about.
-The pen itself is very precise and easy to use
-Very good for light filling in as the pens are lightly pigmented
-If you get the right colour you can get a very natural look
-The pen runs out extremely quickly. Shaking it a few times (with the lid on!) will help but I don't see why I should have to violently shake it before every use. Poor value for money.

I think this pen can be best used as a touch up pen. I use ABH dip brow now and keep this in my pocket for touch ups (I'm a cop so sometimes my hat knocks of makeup if I wear it too low and whatnot)

I am rating it low due to the fact that it says it's waterproof, when it's just seriously not even anything close to waterproof. Also because it is so expensive but such poor value for money as it runs out so fast.

on 11/20/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My brows don't stay on. I'm currently using Abh pomade as well but I take the time to do it properly it can look a bit overdone quickly. This however looks.so natural and lasts a lot longer. If you like a heavy brow look then this isn't the product for you. My only bug bear is.that it finishes very quickly -and I have tried to.shake it. therefore its not worth the pricetag. Not sure if I would buy again unless heavily discounted and that's hard in the UK.

Note - I have also noticed that Stila have brought out another version of this with a slightly different packaging but more shades. Not sure if its.the.same formulation and just phasing this one out.

Popular Brows Products