Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color

4.2

on 9/7/2016 9:59:00 AM

This is my fourth eyebrow liquid pen experience (tried Suqqu, Maikohan, and Excel from Noevir) and I`m not impressed. At first I was happy to see that I don`t have to blow 4000JPY every time I need an eyebrow pen (talking about Suqqu), but Stila`s just don`t cut it for me. I use the medium stain and while I do find it waterproof (it lasts all day on me in a hot & humid environment plus a gym workout) and the color is a good match for me, that`s where all the good points end. I don`t think the tip of the marker is fine enough for drawing hairs and the product is drying up really quickly in the tube so the color payoff is noticeably less just after a week!(I did store it upside down). Used it side by side with Suqqu and Excel and I have to say I will only be buying Excel in the future because:
1) Costs only 1400 JPY (about 14 US$)
2) Comes with a liquid/powder combo (the other end has a powder tip the same color as the liquid)
3) Lasts longer (been using that little pen for 2.5 weeks and it`s still going strong
4) The quality is superior: Man that brush tip is so fine and stiff that it actually draws realistic looking hairs! With Stila my brows look too fake, the stroke marks are too coarse and obvious.
5) The color range is pretty nice, covering everything from redheads to blondes and brunettes and everything in between.
So, nope, I won`t be repurchasing Stila.

on 5/26/2016 5:56:00 PM

This could be a good product especially for those starting out with brow makeup, or who want a very light colour, however it is very poor value for money and does not live up to claims.

-This product is absolutely not waterproof in any way. I mean, it's just really not. Rain, sweat, flicks of water, bam, your brows are gone. I cycled 15 minutes to work and I was horrified when I looked in the mirror. I don't even sweat much. I'm not sure if this only applies to the darker shades, because I've seen other reviews where people do think it's waterproof. The medium to dark browns really do not withstand water.
-When your brows do get wet, or if you begin to sweat for whatever reason even ever-so-slightly, they get a horribly patchy look to them and it's actually really difficult to reapply the pen over the top. Like trying to draw on wax paper. You need to wash the original off first. Not good when you're out and about.
-The pen itself is very precise and easy to use
-Very good for light filling in as the pens are lightly pigmented
-If you get the right colour you can get a very natural look
-The pen runs out extremely quickly. Shaking it a few times (with the lid on!) will help but I don't see why I should have to violently shake it before every use. Poor value for money.

I think this pen can be best used as a touch up pen. I use ABH dip brow now and keep this in my pocket for touch ups (I'm a cop so sometimes my hat knocks of makeup if I wear it too low and whatnot)

I am rating it low due to the fact that it says it's waterproof, when it's just seriously not even anything close to waterproof. Also because it is so expensive but such poor value for money as it runs out so fast.

on 11/20/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My brows don't stay on. I'm currently using Abh pomade as well but I take the time to do it properly it can look a bit overdone quickly. This however looks.so natural and lasts a lot longer. If you like a heavy brow look then this isn't the product for you. My only bug bear is.that it finishes very quickly -and I have tried to.shake it. therefore its not worth the pricetag. Not sure if I would buy again unless heavily discounted and that's hard in the UK.

Note - I have also noticed that Stila have brought out another version of this with a slightly different packaging but more shades. Not sure if its.the.same formulation and just phasing this one out.

For anyone who fills in/draws most of their brows on a daily basis or has a problem with brow products wearing off over the day, this is truly the best product I have tried! I have been drawing my brows for a very long time, since I was a teenager (and I am in my 30s now), I need to draw/fill in quite a lot to get my ideal shape and my former routine was brow pencil (power pencil or Anastasia brow pencil) and then top with brow powder to set. I have combo skin that gets very oily in the T-zone so I had lots of issues with my brows wearing off in the t-zone and looking uneven at the end of the day.

Ever since I started using this Stila waterproof brow color, my brows last all day and I hardly ever have to touch up my brows during the day at all. I also love it because the product that comes out is like a stain but it is very natural tone, it is not crazy dark/pigmented like how a marker or eyeliner would be (I tried the Kat Von D one and it was so dark/pigmented that it looks way too harsh for brows!).

My current routine now is to use the Stila brow color to draw in what I need, then top it all off with brow powder to set (my favorite is the Shiseido brow compact). I swear it lasts all day! I have done away with brow pencils altogether after discovering this product.

One tip I have: The very first time I opened this product and used it, there didn't seem to be much product coming out (I thought great, this product is way too dry/light for my liking) ... but don't give up, just shake the pen a couple of times and keep working the brush, it works beautifully thereafter. Even at times when it seems like the pen is finally drying out, shake it a bit and work the brush, and it is still good for quite a while. I have had mine last for a few months and I use it daily! This really lasts much longer than expected, don't toss it if it seems to be dry the first couple of times, don't toss it until you have shaken the pen and it is really bone dry. I love this product and have repurchased it many times already. Definitely give it a try if you need to draw in a lot of your brow or if you need it to last on oily skin! I highly recommend it.

on 7/18/2015 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It fills the eyebrows to a very natural colour, it doesn't stand out. My only problem is that it finishes too quickly and it's not worth the price.

on 7/17/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the darkest color. This works fantastic for me! I have thick and dark eyebrows, but sometimes I get sparse areas in the middle. So powder just won't cut it. I wanted to try this because I was getting bored with eyebrow pencils, as I found them drying and not quite the color/tone I wanted. I love this because it looks natural, makes drawing flicks or short strokes look so natural, and actually does last all day! It's also great if I'm lazy and don't want to powder or trace my brows. This can fill them in nicely. Shake it up every now and then, and make sure the cap is on all the way!

on 5/13/2015 9:25:00 AM

I almost forgot about this, but then picked it up when I was at the register and it was sitting there calling to me! So glad I got this because its a great product and I'm very impressed.

First let me tell you that I have wimpy sparse brows that require extending at the tails. I have a pale asian complexion and because my brows are sparse I need to use more of a grey/taupe type of colour (not too dark). For years I've used Shiseido brow powder, Anastasia Brow Wiz and Brow Pomade for colour matching but they were all lacking in longevity. The ends of my brows would always disappear at the end of the day.

This Stila product stays ALL DAY! I lean towards oily type skin, I have bangs and I wore this for easily 14 hours and my brows (and tails) were still there! I have this product in the Medium shade and its perfect for my sparse brows. Its very easy to draw in the brow (little short thin strokes to mimic brow hairs is best) and it looks pretty natural. I was worried it would look too strong, or that the brush strokes would be too obvious but the formula is sheer enough that the colour shows but does not look like you've drawn your brows in with a sharpie.

The only downfall to this product is the waterproof aspect. I've tried on two occasions to splash water on my brows and while it can withstand it to some degree, it starts breaking down after a few good splashes - especially if you touch your brows while its wet. So it can handle some light water action, I wouldn't recommend you go surfing in it. This is a minor issue to me so I still give it 5 lippies because I think its one of the most impressive brow products on the market.

The pen is very small and compact, the cap closes well, and it cost 27$CAD which is about standard pricing for most good quality brow products. We just have to wait and see how long before it dries out! Highly recommend this product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE IT!! I have finally found the one! 3 years ago my eyebrows completely fell out due to Thyroid issues. Ever since then I've been trying different eye brow products. My last favorite was Anastasia pomade which worked the best out of all the products but I found it would still come off at the end of the day or if I was hot and sweaty. I had heard about this product but didn't want to try it thinking it would look too fake for some reason. I finally decided to try it as I'm not too happy with the Anastasia anymore and I'm so happy I did! It's so easy to use and the colour actually works for me. I'm blonde with fair skin and it's so hard to get the right colour in products. Most are too orange or red. I use the light colour and it's the perfect blonde colour. This stays on all day! Plus it is really easy to get a nice shape. So happy I found this product! It might take some people a little bit to get the perfect application but it is so worth it.

on 5/7/2015 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

For years I've been using powder for my brows and I thought I'd try a change. This is like a felt tip pen and I'm really enjoying the end result. My brows are more pronounced and the colour stays on all day. I'm currently using the colour "dark" but next time I might purchase the lighter shade.

on 3/27/2015 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This little treasure has earned its place in my everyday make-up routine. For the past 7 years I've been using brow pencils (mac, anastasia, rimmel) to fill in my sparse eyebrows and sometimes I used to find it hard to draw a decent arch on my brows using pencils or -even worse- eyeshadows. Until I came across a sale on asos.com and I got two of them, in shades light and dark, for the price of one (stila has recently changed the packaging so the old versions were a total rip-off).

Packaging: Packaging looks quite as their eyeliners one except for the tip which is smaller, almost half-size, and softer. Also, the same applies for their brown liners- product should be kept pointing downwards so to prevent it from drying out.

Products: I am a brunette with slightly highlighted ends and I wanted to create the same ombre effect on my brows. So this compination is a winner for me! The trick of this product is to create really small -barely touching the skin- strokes to immitate brow hair. I apply this technique using the dark shade to draw myself an arch and a sharp end. And then I use the light one which is meant to be used by blondes to fill in the inner part bringing it slightly closer to my nose to give an illusion of a smaller nose. And this is the way I create the perfect ombre eyebrow that works with my dark hair colour.

Cons: The only problem I have with it (appart from the price 8-o) is that I find the dark shade a bit harsh to draw my entire brow with, so I fill in my brows with an ashy-brown shaded pencil (like anastasia's one) and then I create my well-defined ombre brows with stila's liners. So I find it to be mostly a complimentary product (but a really well-worth buying-can't live without- one!!)

Conclusion: I know their price is really high (just a little over 20 euros each), but you only use a little product and the final result is pretty amazing so I would be repurchasing until I find a cheaper and equally decent product to replace this with!

Popular Brows Products