Orly Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat in one

Orly Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat in one

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Isopropyl Alcohol, Camphor

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I used to love it in late 2000's and recently bought it again.
It does a great job to bond nail polish with nail surface, but unfortunately it doesn't really protect from discoloration by dark shades.
I love the fact that it can be used as both top and the base, but it doesn't have enough shine for me to like it as a top coat.
Not good, not bad. I wouldn't recommend it.

on 8/13/2016 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This product is so super! I love using as a basecoat it is my go to! No bubbling smooth application and drys fast! It also seems to help my manicure last longer no matter what nail color or top coat I put on. For 4 years I used Orlys bonder base coat religiously for every manicure and it is a super product as well...but this had replaced that because as wonderful as that basecoat was this one is world's better! I however like many others are saying would never ever recommend using it as a topcoat it is horrible when used as a topcoat! Not glossy gives nails a weird texture bubbling and it takes forever to dry when used as a topcoat! Orlys sec n dry(my favorite) or Orlys Polishield( my second favorite) are by far more superior top coats than this one. But as a base coat you can't go wrong with this one!

on 5/20/2016 5:43:00 AM

This staff helped me after too much time grow my nails and stop them chipping like crazy!!!!So it's super for base coat.It's also ok for top coat, not super shiny but it does it's job also as a top coat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to visit the salon for a manicure a day before my scheduled event or trip, because if I go earlier than that, I would be sporting chipped nails! Nothing lasts through a shower or opening a soda can!

That's why I am so thrilled to come across Orly Top 2 Bottom basecoat and topcoat. I purchased the mini version as I was not quite sure it'll work--- but it did amazingly! I now enjoy getting my nails done because I am sure they'll last! Mine's running for a week or so now; no chipping on the sides, I just see a little wearing-out on the tips (almost even, nothing too obvious or bothersome so it still looks great!).

I've used this product together with Essie Angora Cardi and Ballet Slippers--- both were chip free for a long time!

Definitely repurchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I loved this product! I've been searching for a good base coat for years!

This is the closest to salon quality base coat I have found yet. It dries on your bare nail very quickly. (By the time I was on my pinky, my thumb was already dry.)

I haven't tried it as a top coat yet, because reading other reviews, it seems like it isn't a very glossy finish, so I used a different one.

Its been a week and I hardly see any chipping.. Only my thumb has chipped, and that's probably because I'm always typing like crazy!

on 12/31/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I used this product twice now and both tried as base and top coat. If I'm using it as a base coat I don't see any problem but as a top coat it's HORRIBLE! It takes HOURS before it gets dry. Usually I do my nails at night so when I started using this product my nails will be MESSED UP in the morning, from bedding marks to hair marks. Ugh! :'(

on 9/25/2014 8:07:00 PM

This stuff is GOOD! I applied it as a base and top coat on my nails 2 days ago and my nails are still perfect. I know that's not long... But I'm rough with my nails so usually I have multiple chips after about 1 day! I used to use OPI base coat and found it didn't really 'stick' to my nails. I could peel it off. My orly one binds really well. Would definitely repurchase!

on 11/22/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I looooove this stuff. I got it in a buy one get one free sale at Sally's and only picked it up because I needed a new base coat. Now I use this as a base coat (if I'm working with dark or blue nail polishes, I use two coats because otherwise it can sometimes let the polish...seep through, I guess, and stain the nails) with a thick coat of Pro-FX fast drying topcoat and my nail polish stays on for WEEKS. I'm not even kidding. I painted my nails lastttt...Monday I think it was? It's Thursday right now and the tips haven't even started to wear yet and I could probably get away with wearing this until next weekend without a single chip. For some reason this basecoat with that top coat just works wonders for me and since I've found this combination, I usually get sick of my nail polish before it chips, which is a miracle. However, I find it's way too thin to be a topcoat. But I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good base coat :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great product for the efficient spender in you. I like it for both the top and bottom. It dries moderately fast, and it's a thinner liquid. My secret recipe is this as the top and bottom coats, and then a quick dry as the 5th layer (wow am I really that insane with my nails? Base coat, two layers of color, top coat, quick dry). The quick dry top coat is NYC's "In A New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish." This combination literally lasts a week with minimal touch ups. Incredible.

on 9/28/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the smaller size of this 2-in-1 polish at marshalls for $2.99. I really like how fast it dries on bare nails and how it helps my polish last longer when I use it as both a base and top coat. It does take a little longer to dry when used as a top coat but I don't mind the wait. It is not overly glossy but not matte either. Overall a very good product that I will purchase in the full sized version.