Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very dramatic results! This replaced my benefit They’re Real mascara as I only have a travel sized tube so I don’t know how long that will serve me. I keep a tube in my bag & 1 on my vanity so YES to repurchase. All mascaras end up under my eyes after awhile. Facts. But this is 1 of the better ones most def. only $3 it’s a steal. I get mine at Walgreens. It’s a wet formula which I like. It gives results it werx!! #winning

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It gives you volume and length, but it smudges and falls in my undereye so its a no for me

on 8/13/2017 6:55:00 AM

I tried this mascara based on all the hype - but it kept getting under my eyes a few hours later. I ended up throwing it out. Maybe it works for some people - but not me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This mascara is OH-mazing in terms of volume and length for my lashes. The only issue is that it flakes everywhere by the end of the day, which I don't like. BUT I solved this by using the Wet N Wild lash primer underneath this and now it's like magic - no more flaking!

So for the price, and the look of having false lashes, even the flaking is not a negative since it can be fixed with primer! For this price, I can't beat the effect it has on my lashes and I'm willing to forgive the flaking since I can fix it with another super cheap product. ^^

I've already repurchased this! :)

on 8/19/2017 10:58:00 AM

Love it!❤

on 8/22/2017 3:54:00 PM

I don't understand how this gets such high ratings. Granted it does give length and some volume but it's quality is exactly a reflection of the price. And I'm not a makeup snob. But this smudges like crazy. I even used a primer underneath it and it still smudged. Won't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

For reference, I'm asian so my lashes are self explanatory (thin, short, straight). This did not work for me at all, for several reasons: It's super wet, so my lashes are REALLY weighed down and point straight down. Because it's super wet, it doesn't hold a curl, and it also clumps together alot of my lashes.
If you look at the brush, the bristles are not separated or long/thin at all, and because of that, a ton of product gets on the brush and it transfers to your lashes. I end up looking like i have 3 lashes because they're all clumped together with this wet mascara.

I'm not saying it's bad for everyone--if you have long, curly lashes, it might work for you. It just didn't work for my lashes!

on 2/3/2017 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i bought this to try even though i was generally satisfied with the mascara i was using before (nyx doll eye long lash - fiber mascara, super easy to wash off, but not incredibly dark or volumizing).

because it seems user experiences vary wildly with this mascara, i'll share a bit about my lashes to (hopefully) help you make a more informed purchase. i am caucasian, my lashes are nothing special. they're fairly long, moderately curled, and dark, but i invariably prefer to put mascara on if i'm going to be leaving the house. this kind of amps my lashes up in all of those departments, but i don't notice any real volumizing, which i don't especially mind but i do prefer it in my mascara formulas.

also, and i'm not sure if this is the mascara's fault or mine for having longer lashes to begin with, but i have to be very careful during application to not touch my lashes to my upper eyelid or else they'll get black all over my eyeshadow. i mean that's something you have to be careful about with most mascaras, but with this one in particular it's something you should really be aware of. the formula is EXTREMELY wet. waiting for it to dry and rubbing off the residue with a dry cotton bud seems to remove it well enough, but the process is still tedious and makes this not a great mascara for running out the door with while you're learning how to use it. final note - i don't recommend applying this to lower lashes. i assume it's mostly due to the fact that i'm an oily gal, but this turns my undereyes gray with how much it runs. not cute.

final note, this removes best with an oil cleanser in the shower. i typically precleanse with extra virgin olive oil and working the oil into my eye area removes 100% of the product, depending on how serious i am about complete removal lol. overall, i do like this product and will happily finish the product i have left to get through.

**edit 4.8.17: i find that this mascara actually gets easier to work with over time as it dries out. still working quite nicely after two months!

on 1/24/2017 11:34:00 PM

Ok, I loved this mascara as soon as I tried it. I almost started crying (but didn't because, duh, raccoon eyes) because I was so relieved that my search for a mascara I actually like was over. While this mascara may not work for everyone, it definitely works for me. It seems like I'm a bit of an oddball as I HATE all of the new mascaras that have come out on the market for at least the past ten years if not longer. HATE them. All the rubber spikey brushes/wands. All the thick dry goopy formulas. All the insanely huge brushes that make it impossible not to smudge. All the "fiber" technology. The butterfly designed brushes. The matte mascaras. The clumpy spider eye causing formulas and brushes. ALL of them. HATE them. The last mascara I absolutely was happy with was Maybelline Full & Soft. That has been my go to mascara for years. A nice soft natural effect with a brush that was neither too far/thin or long/short and never left me with a clumpy goopy dry flaky mess like all the mascaras that have seemed to come after that one. After trying endless new ones and either returning them or trying to force myself to like them long enough for them to be unreturnable, I finally found this one. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 the brush is perfect sized. Not too big/thin/long/short. The actual bristles are shorter than what I expected to be pleased with, but they work. The formula is neither too thick or too thin. I was able to apply two coats without getting clumpy or needing to take a lash brush out to separate my lashes. It created a fanned out effect. No curl to it, but I have yet to try it after curling my lashes. Easy to apply without smudging. I was able to easily coat my lashes from the inner mist corners to the very outside lashes without a problem. While not exactly as natural of a look as the Maybelline Full & Soft, it is a nice new upgrade. 👍🏻

on 8/3/2017 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Not a holy grail, but it is a favorite from mine -- falling into the third place after L'Oreal Telescopic and Covergirl Fibers. The formula is not too dry nor wet, reminds me of Too Faced Better Than Sex but BETTER. Its water resistant instead of waterproof like my other two mascaras, but I don't find any of them melting down if I take wudhu (for Muslim prayer). The result of this mascara is super volume, however followed by a decent length. So what I do with this one is actually using the mascara to layer on top of other mascara to give extra volume.