Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 2/3/2017 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i bought this to try even though i was generally satisfied with the mascara i was using before (nyx doll eye long lash - fiber mascara, super easy to wash off, but not incredibly dark and dried up and became flaky a little sooner than i preferred on top of being $9).

i didn't realize how popular this was until after i bought it honestly. ordinarily i come to MUA to check out products i'm interested in trying out before purchasing, but this was a new one i stumbled across online that was cruelty free and not from wet n wild or elf, and for some reason it piqued my interest. i'm really glad i purchased it. it's very wet and VERY black, so it can be difficult to work with. it also clumps a little so you really have to brush it out several times to get a clean lash look. but it's so wonderfully dark, and it lengthens my lashes quite well, to the point that they now show up in candid photographs and selfies - that always bothered me about my last mascara!! the nyx one i used before, even though it made my lashes look great in person, it never showed up well in pictures, i'm assuming because it wasn't quite black-black. this mascara, however, is very dark and lengthens my lashes even more than the nyx one did, so they are much more visible.

because it seems user experiences vary wildly with this mascara, i'll share a bit about my lashes to (hopefully) help you make a more informed decision. i am caucasian, moderately blessed in the lash department. my lashes are fairly long, curled, and dark. this kind of amps them up in all of those departments, but i don't notice any real volumizing, which i don't especially mind but i would quite like to see a mascara do one day.

also, and i'm not sure if this is the mascara's fault or mine for having longer lashes to begin with, but i have to be very careful during application to not touch my lashes to my upper eyelid or else they'll get black all over my eyeshadow. waiting for it to dry and rubbing off the residue with a dry cotton bud seems to remove it well enough, but the process is still tedious and makes this not a great mascara for running out the door with while you're learning how to use it. final note - i don't recommend applying this to lower lashes. not sure if it's just because i'm an oily gal, but this turns my undereyes gray with how much it runs. not cute.

final note, this removes best with an oil cleanser in the shower. i typically precleanse with extra virgin olive oil and working the oil into my eye area removes 100% of the product, depending on how serious i am about complete removal lol. overall, i do like this product and will happily finish the two tubes of it i purchased.

**edit 4.8.17: i find that this mascara actually gets easier to work with over time as it dries out. still working quite nicely after two months!

on 1/24/2017 11:34:00 PM

Ok, I loved this mascara as soon as I tried it. I almost started crying (but didn't because, duh, raccoon eyes) because I was so relieved that my search for a mascara I actually like was over. While this mascara may not work for everyone, it definitely works for me. It seems like I'm a bit of an oddball as I HATE all of the new mascaras that have come out on the market for at least the past ten years if not longer. HATE them. All the rubber spikey brushes/wands. All the thick dry goopy formulas. All the insanely huge brushes that make it impossible not to smudge. All the "fiber" technology. The butterfly designed brushes. The matte mascaras. The clumpy spider eye causing formulas and brushes. ALL of them. HATE them. The last mascara I absolutely was happy with was Maybelline Full & Soft. That has been my go to mascara for years. A nice soft natural effect with a brush that was neither too far/thin or long/short and never left me with a clumpy goopy dry flaky mess like all the mascaras that have seemed to come after that one. After trying endless new ones and either returning them or trying to force myself to like them long enough for them to be unreturnable, I finally found this one. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 the brush is perfect sized. Not too big/thin/long/short. The actual bristles are shorter than what I expected to be pleased with, but they work. The formula is neither too thick or too thin. I was able to apply two coats without getting clumpy or needing to take a lash brush out to separate my lashes. It created a fanned out effect. No curl to it, but I have yet to try it after curling my lashes. Easy to apply without smudging. I was able to easily coat my lashes from the inner mist corners to the very outside lashes without a problem. While not exactly as natural of a look as the Maybelline Full & Soft, it is a nice new upgrade. 👍🏻

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

For reference, I'm asian so my lashes are self explanatory (thin, short, straight). This did not work for me at all, for several reasons: It's super wet, so my lashes are REALLY weighed down and point straight down. Because it's super wet, it doesn't hold a curl, and it also clumps together alot of my lashes.
If you look at the brush, the bristles are not separated or long/thin at all, and because of that, a ton of product gets on the brush and it transfers to your lashes. I end up looking like i have 3 lashes because they're all clumped together with this wet mascara.

I'm not saying it's bad for everyone--if you have long, curly lashes, it might work for you. It just didn't work for my lashes!

on 1/7/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in-store after the Internet hype. I agree with other reviewers: very dark, great color but very wet and very clumpy. I have to apply with an almost barely there swipe to my lashes, because if I swipe the wand like a regular mascara, it coats my lashes like tar. I've gotten tons of clumps and smudges on brow bone. It's just too thick. My lashes end up sticking straight out. My bottle also has a strong smell when applying. There are better cheap mascaras, will not repurchase.

on 11/30/2016 4:43:00 AM

This mascara is a bit internet-famous so I spent my pennies on it. However, no matter how hard I tried to like it but it just doesn't work. It makes your lashes super black and thick, but it clumped on mine like a mofo. I have sparse and thin Asian lashes, so it weighed down my curl and by the end of the day gave my lashes these horrendous inward curls at the tips. I tried wiping the wand down in the tube before applying and it made no difference.

Strong pass, would not buy again.

on 11/11/2016 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've purchased this 3 separate times, feeling compelled to "give it another chance" because it gets so much love I kept feeling like I must be missing something. Pluses: nice brush, not huge like many are now. Doesn't smudge or flake, does a decently nice job doing what I want mascara to do but I have to really work at it because of the minus: it's SO WET. If you love a wet formula then great, but I prefer a middle of the road...not too wet or dry. I literally have to completely pull the wand and brush through clean tissue to remove product before I can use it because I can't possibly wipe enough away on the lip of the tube, and I end up with globs...literal globs of wet mascara on my lashes. I don't like wiping away so much on tissue every time because it's wasteful, so I gave up officially.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A great bargain mascara. Disclaimer: I have to let this formula "cure" for about a month after I buy it, it's a very wet formula and I prefer to let it sit for a while to dry out a bit. The brush is a lot smaller than my Rimmel brushes and is a straight, traditional bristle brush. It's a volumizing formula so care is needed around the corners of the eyes and lower lashes so that spider eyes don't occur; if you pull the brush through correctly it shouldn't do that.a
Very dark, pigmented formula. I have repurchased and for the price, it's a really great mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this isnt the mascara for me, but it may be for you. I prefer drier, thicker formulas that deposit a lot of product at the base, lengthen, and fan my lashes out. this is a wet formula that does deposit a good amount at the base. it is very pigmented, like inky black, which i love! it smudges badly above my eyes, but most mascaras do (especially high-end!). I love this for my lower lashes; it makes them very thick and dramatic. however, it doesn't give me enough length or volume on my upper lashes. for reference, my upper lashes are long, thin(wispy), and dense.

on 10/14/2016 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is definitely my go to mascara. I have tried Diorshow, Benefit hey're real and Too faced sexy lashes and Jordana best lash is by far the best. The formula is extra black and creamy the wand is perfect for getting the bottom lashes coated as well. The only downside is that it can ge clumpy so always allow some drying time between coats and use a separator if you want extra long lashes
The price and availability just cant be beat.

on 9/13/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this mascara, especially because everybody was raving about it, but I don't.

First off, the formula was wayyyy too wet. After applying this mascara, one blink later, it gets all over my eyelid.

Secondly, this mascara does NOT hold a curl at all. After curling my eyelashes and going in with this mascara, it looks as if I hadn't curled them at all.

Thirdly, this mascara clumps like nobody's business. Even with the lightest coat, it clumps my already sparse lashes together.

Basically, every time I apply this mascara, not only does it ruin my eye shadow, my lashes look like three thick clumpy-ass black sticks pointing straight downwards... not cute. The only great thing about this product is the price - but needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.