MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

Mica, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Wax, Calcium Silicate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Acetate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 15850/Red 6 Lake, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily skin and spent a long time search for a powder that didn't make me look cakey.
This is a lovely translucent powder and I usually set it with the MYX Matte Finish setting spray after applying it under my eyes and over my T-zone with a big powder brush. The white doesn't show up, even in flash photography. By the evening I am a bit oily in the nose area, but it is great for setting my under eye concealer and I would definitely repurchase once it's empty. I love the packaging, it's a tough plastic, slightly glittery and has a nicely sized mirror in the lid. I've had this for about 6 months now and there's only a slight dent in the product, so I think the money is worth the investment for the amount of product you receive.

on 7/19/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin and an oily T zone. I purchased this at $42.

It's a nice translucent powder and I like to use my big fluffy brush to blend over my entire face. I'm quite pale anyway, but I haven't noticed it having a whitening effect. I haven't tested it for flashback. I always set this with UD setting spray. It does help with oil control, however from approx the 4 hour mark I start to get oily. I used this interchangeably with my pressed powder from Etude House 'Dear Girls Oil Control' compact. I must admit I couldn't tell the difference when I used one vs the other. My EH powder was $11.50 USD.

I dropped my Mac powder, and the entire thing shattered. :( However, I won't repurchase, cos regardless of the price, I liked my EH just as much. Overall, it's a good product, but I wouldn't recommend since I've found another one I like just as much.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/16/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this, bought it for travel because the loose version just does not travel well. I am NW45 and this is TRANSLUCENT on my skin people! I was scared when I saw the white powder. This sets my makeup beautifully, gives the blurred look that I love for a setting powder and helps control oil. I have a cocktail of products I use for oil control and setting powder leads that. Very happy with this, will continue to purchase. Since I only use this for traveling it should last a while. Though I have been using the loose version for a few years now... Love this.

on 4/19/2016 7:50:00 PM

Easy to use whenever needed. Not a miracle products but does miracles exist?
Enjoying that product either on foundation or without.

on 3/30/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail powder!! It sets amazingly on the skin and leaves you shine free!!

It is on the pricey side but as it is pressed it lasts a long time, unfortunately for me i broke mine but i still use it even though i dropped it.

BUY THIS EVERYONE!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder looking for a new setting powder for my eye area. I experience a lot of creasing, and I think that this powder does help to control it for 5 hours or so, and then I start to notice lines appearing. I have an oily t-zone and oily skin in general, and I think that this does help to control shine, but does not make me completely matte, which I like because it's more natural looking that way. I keep this in my bag for touchups, since it can be added without looking cakey. I don't think I would repurchase, however, because of the price and the generous amount of product inside. Since I only use this in small areas and not my whole face, I don't really use much and this lasts forever, so I don't think that when I actually run out of this I'll get it again, only because of it's high price point.

on 1/21/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the cute packaging. Works beautiful with the Mac Pro long wear waterproof foundation. I have oily skin and the combination of those two together keeps me matte all day. Love.

on 1/17/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Nice powder for finishing and for touch ups. No sponge included, so use a nice fluffy brush. Very fine milled and reminds me of a pressed version of MUFE HD loose powder. Seems to perform the same way. Yes I would repurchase.

on 11/10/2015 7:27:00 PM

If you're a men with oily skin stay away from this, even it's transparent and nobody could tell you have anything in your face it won't do much for oil control, in fact, didn't do anything for me, no matter how I apply it would last at much 2 hours and then the shine is coming up.

on 11/8/2015 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

So I tested this powder for a month and I'm really pleased with it. For the amount of oil my skin produces, this powder is sufficient enough to control my oily t-zone for 8 hours.
I used it over my foundation and Cc cream but also on its own over my spf and moisturizer.
I buff it in with my real techniques buffing brush because the powder would otherwise lay on my skin.
After buffing it gives a lovely non-cakey smooth finish that is not super mat which I really really like.
Love the sturdy packaging.