MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)
Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Pressed)

Mica, Silica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Wax, Calcium Silicate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Acetate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 15850/Red 6 Lake, CI 15850/Red 7 Lake, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake)

on 10/25/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a must have summer travel companion for me!.. I love to use it to blot out oil and sweat on my face during hot/humid days. It really keeps the shine at bay. It's also great when I overdo a dewy look, I strategically blot areas of intensity and brings it down a few notches. This sleek black elegant compact does NOT come w/ a sponge. I usually purchase a package of flat round sponges and change them up as they get discoloured, fits perfectly in the compact. I retire this compact in the winter months where I tend to use loose powder. What leaves me perplexed is the hardened product in the pan (Mac -matte bronzer has the same consistency also?) which never seems to move?...Very little is sloughed off during use, yet it does its job so I know I'm getting product-no brush strokes, no fallout, it really is 'pressed'++ into the pan. All I can say is it lasts a long time! A defin repurchase...

It's an okay product... there's nothing unique about it. It doesn't emphasize dry patches, packaging is great, but I prefer my rice powder which is cheaper and more effective. If you're oily, the mattifying properties may not be effective enough- it's not enough for my combo skin. Of course I'll use it up (already hit pan) but I won't repurchase.

on 4/18/2017 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like this product because it's pressed but becareful if you drop it itll crack right away...

I use a face primer and finish off with this - u just need a light coat and I apply it with a brush . I know my friends apply this before bronzer and some do after it really depends - i use it mostly on my T Zone - if i do it in the morning it goes till after lunch which is pretty good and i get oily skin in the office because of the air.

Good one overall, i know there are lots of good comments about the Laura Mercier setting powder which im sure it's good but I just dont want to get it everywhere while Im at work.

I have repurchased this product twice now, and probably will again unless I can find a cheaper dupe.
Packaging is great - handy little mirror and clip is secure for travel. Lasts me approx 5 months of 2x day use.
I dropped it twice and it didn't break.
Does a reasonable job of keeping my combination skin relatively shine free, but feel l need more sometimes. Not drying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily skin and spent a long time search for a powder that didn't make me look cakey.
This is a lovely translucent powder and I usually set it with the MYX Matte Finish setting spray after applying it under my eyes and over my T-zone with a big powder brush. The white doesn't show up, even in flash photography. By the evening I am a bit oily in the nose area, but it is great for setting my under eye concealer and I would definitely repurchase once it's empty. I love the packaging, it's a tough plastic, slightly glittery and has a nicely sized mirror in the lid. I've had this for about 6 months now and there's only a slight dent in the product, so I think the money is worth the investment for the amount of product you receive.

on 7/19/2016 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combo skin and an oily T zone. I purchased this at $42.

It's a nice translucent powder and I like to use my big fluffy brush to blend over my entire face. I'm quite pale anyway, but I haven't noticed it having a whitening effect. I haven't tested it for flashback. I always set this with UD setting spray. It does help with oil control, however from approx the 4 hour mark I start to get oily. I used this interchangeably with my pressed powder from Etude House 'Dear Girls Oil Control' compact. I must admit I couldn't tell the difference when I used one vs the other. My EH powder was $11.50 USD.

I dropped my Mac powder, and the entire thing shattered. :( However, I won't repurchase, cos regardless of the price, I liked my EH just as much. Overall, it's a good product, but I wouldn't recommend since I've found another one I like just as much.

on 5/16/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I love this, bought it for travel because the loose version just does not travel well. I am NW45 and this is TRANSLUCENT on my skin people! I was scared when I saw the white powder. This sets my makeup beautifully, gives the blurred look that I love for a setting powder and helps control oil. I have a cocktail of products I use for oil control and setting powder leads that. Very happy with this, will continue to purchase. Since I only use this for traveling it should last a while. Though I have been using the loose version for a few years now... Love this.

on 4/19/2016 7:50:00 PM

Easy to use whenever needed. Not a miracle products but does miracles exist?
Enjoying that product either on foundation or without.

on 3/30/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail powder!! It sets amazingly on the skin and leaves you shine free!!

It is on the pricey side but as it is pressed it lasts a long time, unfortunately for me i broke mine but i still use it even though i dropped it.

BUY THIS EVERYONE!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder looking for a new setting powder for my eye area. I experience a lot of creasing, and I think that this powder does help to control it for 5 hours or so, and then I start to notice lines appearing. I have an oily t-zone and oily skin in general, and I think that this does help to control shine, but does not make me completely matte, which I like because it's more natural looking that way. I keep this in my bag for touchups, since it can be added without looking cakey. I don't think I would repurchase, however, because of the price and the generous amount of product inside. Since I only use this in small areas and not my whole face, I don't really use much and this lasts forever, so I don't think that when I actually run out of this I'll get it again, only because of it's high price point.