Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation

Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation

3.4

Active: Titanium Dioxide (2.58%). Inactive: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Water/Eau, Glycerin, Alumina, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopherol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone-11, Boron Nitride, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Methicone, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Talc, PEG/PPG-20/23 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Dimyristate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Silica, Dipropylene Glycol, Methicone, Laureth-12, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides, Mica/CI 77019, Bismuth Oxychloride/CI 77163.

I tried this once and loved it right away.
Covers well, not sticky it doesn't feel heavy, smells nice.
Wayne Goss from YouTube mentioned it in a all time best foundations video.
I had tried it before but nice to know someone who knows a lot about makeup confirmed how good it was.
Price is unbeatable as well. Highly recommnend.

on 9/9/2016 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Phenomenal for dry skin! I am over 40 and have very fair dry skin. I have the most difficult time finding foundation in a shade pale enough and that is moisturizing enough. Maybelline FitMe Matte Poreless foundation actually made my skin hurt it was sooo drying. This goes on smoothly and I didnt see anything shimmery at all in the shade Porcelain. My only complaint is that I wish the Porcelain was a shade lighter - its not a true porcelain shade. For reference the Maybelline Matte Poreless Porcelain shade is lighter and is more yellow.

on 8/28/2016 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a few samples of this with a recent Avon order, I'm glad I got to try it without shelling out money for a bottle.

There are some things I like and others ... not so much. It looks and feels good going on, the coverage is medium but buildable to full. You could probably also sheer it out with a damp sponge/beauty blender if the coverage is more than you want.

I used it with Smashbox's anti shine primer (which usually keeps oil fairly well under control for me), but after about 4 hours the oil was breaking through. It's winter here, so this foundation wouldn't stand a chance with my oily skin in the middle of our hot, humid summers.

Probably the thing I dislike most is the shimmer particles in it. At my age (mid 40's) the last thing I want to look like is an extra from the Twilight saga! The shimmer tends to make the enlarged pores look worse also, and I find the foundation doesn't wear well around my eyes where the skin is crepey.

If your skin isn't too oily and you don't mind the shimmer then this might be worth a try though.

on 10/1/2015 2:23:00 PM

This us a good, no frills foundation.

The palest shade is perfect for my NC10 skin and applies well. A little goes a long way, and coverage is light to medium.

It doesn't do anything particularly spectacular, but in a weird way I respect this. It isn't made with crushed pearls or slathered on a celebrity. It's a well priced, solid performer. It gives a good base and smooths everything out. Stays on well. Doesn't break me out. It's just a solid delivery of the basic things you need.

Avon always have offers on (check out their cream to powder foundation in this range if you're checking this out and there's a 2 for 1), and I'd happily repurchase to use in winter - I switch to high SPF products for summer.

Edit: my skin has changed from dry to combination; this does not last well on my oily nose. Acceptable on areas with large pores, but not great. Due to the price and excellent colour match I'd consider revisiting this, but only once I've explored some other options.

on 9/1/2015 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I've only had this for a few days, but so far I'm impressed. This is pretty, inexpensive, in a really nice glass bottle that feels like it has some substance to it, and it goes on nicely.

Coverage
I've been using a stipple brush and then blending well with a blending brush to get good light to medium coverage, which is all I need. At that level, it really does a good job of hiding the redness. I did play with a foundation brush and got pretty good coverage, but looked too heavy for every day.

Finish
This has a very slight shimmer, which makes my pale skin look really pretty instead of chalky like almost everything else I've tried. The shimmer is really subtle to me, and I don't like sparkly like a teenager going to a club. I just look rested and more natural. I really dislike the extreme matte look, though, so if that's what you want, this probably isn't for you. I used a little Everyday Minerals Finishing dust over it to set it on my T zone and really liked the combo.

Color
I got in Porcelain which looks almost white in the bottle. Next to my skin, the stuff in the bottle appeared too light, and that never happens. i swatched it , though, and it was a pretty good match. I expect it to be even better this winter. It is a little on the yellow side for my cool skin, but it doesn't look orange on me like almost every other liquid foundation or BB cream I've tried.

Price
I got it for about $9, and at that price, it was a steal.

on 4/24/2015 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Cool

I'm surprised on how divided these reviews are. After hearing from Pixiwoo and Gossmakeupartist I put this in the back of my mind to try if anyone was selling Avon.

I'm glad I remembered. I have tried a few very high end foundations and without even noticing this one became my go to over Chanel, Tarte, and Marc Jacobs.

It's a fairly whipped products out of the pump bottle. I find I only need a 1/2 pump applied with fingers to the center of my face. This allows my freckles to come through but evens out my skin beautifully

I've noticed no shimmer. It isn't matte or glowing to me...just skin.

on 4/13/2015 9:51:00 PM

I do really regret buying this product so much. Simply because it is too crazy for me to wear. It has shimmer in it! and yes, the shimmer is visible on my skin. I hate shimmer, and when I was reading about it on Avon Brochure they never mentioned the shimmer part, which I consider as a deceptive advertising.

on 3/23/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Oh how I hate this foundation. I've given it one lippy because it does have such a wide range of shades. It's somehow dry but shiny, I can't blend it for love nor money. It clings to every dry patch that I didn't even know I had and it's not remotely full coverage. It's so bad that I had to take it all off and start again with a different product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I usually never write reviews on something I've only tried once, but...consider this love at first sight. Or lust, depending on your morals. Lol. I may have used an Avon foundation in the past, maybe when I was in high school, but I don't remember it. I sold it briefly about a year ago as well. Fast forwarding, though, this stuff is amazing. When I was applying it, I could already tell see a really pretty sheen. Not obnoxious or glittery whatsoever, though; just a healthy, subtle glow. This is what I wanted L'oreal's true match lumi to be. I applied it today with my RT sponge, and I had to use like five pumps, but I do think the sponge was absorbing some of it, as most people have said they only need two pumps for their face. Also, my pump was being a little annoying, but it could be because it's a new bottle. Push comes to shove, you can unscrew the pump. This foundation promises a natural, flawless face, and I can honesty say that in my case, it lives up to that. Stays put all day...on normal/dry skin, anyway. After a full day of shopping, I didn't even wanna remove my makeup. Excited to wear it again tomorrow!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is not full coverage for me, even though its buildable it didn't not work to cover up my dark spots even using it with a concealer.