Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Hallucinate

Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish in Hallucinate

on 4/26/2016 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hallucinate is pretty enough but not really unique as far as glittery topper polishes go. I purchased this at Dollar Tree for, you guessed it, $1.00.

The polish is loaded with glitter in pinks, blues, greens, purple and silver in a clear base, For me one coat added a nice amount of glitter but I used two coats because I wanted a bit more bling. The glitter went on evenly with little effort on my part.

This comes packaged in the standard WnW nail polish bottle with the standard brush. Nothing revolutionary, but it works.

The consistency was a bit thick as was the texture though it did apply smoothly. I probably should have thinned it a bit before using but I didn't feel like digging my thinner out.

As with all of my polishes I used SH Insta-Dri. It worked like a charm and with one coat the surfaces of my nails were smooth.

I deducted a lippie because of the consistency but other than that the polish is fine. However, I would not repurchase because it isn't that unique and I have several other polishes that look almost exactly the same.

But, for a $1.00 I am pleased. WnW makes decent and long wearing polishes and for the price you can't go wrong. Though I would not repurchase Hallucinate I have and will purchase other WnW polishes.

UPDATE: If you want your polish to wear like iron, use this glittery topper. I added this over SC Fiji and four days later not a crack or chip. I attribute that to Hallucinate.

Here's my advice to you... when WnW goes on sale, and it will, buy them out of this and kaleidescope. You won't regret it.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice, clear polish with minimal glitter quality to it. Wish it had the wider brush to it, but the little brush inside does suffice. Easy enough to top it off with another clear coat to prevent chipping. Pretty to wear for nights out/holidays, or week-ends. I usually find that Wet 'n' Wild doesn't chip too easily for me if I do use another topcoat to protect. Inexpensive, too. Another can't go wrong to have for when you'd like a little pick me up. No need to spend 10 bucks for a fancy polish that will still chip the same day. (I have and that has really angered me.) Cruelty-free.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very pretty small iridescent glitter in a clear base. It only costs $1, which is absolutely the best thing about it. It's gorgeous over your favorite creme, though might require a top coat as the glitters are thick and textured.

The worst thing about Hallucinate is that it only lasts a day before chipping. I don't know if it's just me or if the formula really is only worth a dollar, but this polish chips worse than any other polish I own.

This is an awesome layering polish and who doesn't love a $1 polish (cheaper if you find it on sale)?!?!

I'm wearing this over a nude polish right now and it looks awesome.

on 2/28/2012 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is the first glitter polish i've tried in years(since i was a kid lol i'm now in my late 20's) and it was surprising. no chunky glitter, not to mention the polish is packed with it so i take it would be very hard(if even possible) to have any bare areas when applying. it dries pretty quickly. the only thing is- it's gritty to the touch. if you're using this as a top coat(like i did) you can feel the tiny glitter bumps...but, no big deal. i would definitely repurchase(and probably will, i mean it's only a dollar!).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite (and only) glittery nail polish! When it hits the light, it looks like the glitter is a bunch of different colors. I have it on my nails right now over a bubble gum pink nail polish, and it looks really pretty! Awesome clear glitter polish to layer on top of other colors. Love!

Popular Polishes