Fantasia - Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum

Fantasia - Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum

4.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Just for reference, my hair is naturally very curly/voluminous, often dry, on the thick side, and has sustained some heat damage but other than that is pretty healthy. I know all the gritty details about curly hair and silicones, but my hair generally looks and feels much better when I use them, so I don't go out of my way to avoid them if a product is well-received.
My go-to heat protectant for years has been Tresemme's, and I still have nothing but love for it, but this serum is less watery and seems to "coat" the hair a bit more effectively, which makes me think it protects it better. Time will tell whether that is actually the case, but the silicone heavy formula is actually a plus when you're trying to protect hair- it is the only thing that will coat the strands enough to minimize damage. If you aren't heat styling, I'm not sure this serum is a must-have, and you might do better with less silicone based products.
The serum wears well whether I apply it wet or dry, but since I don't blow dry my hair, I use it when it's dry, immediately before straightening it. I pour out about a dime sized portion, rub it into my hands and coat my hair with it. It doesn't grease up my hair AT ALL, dried very quickly and doesn't have a strong odor.
The price is excellent, for about $6 I got a bottle that will last at least a year, because we all know with serums a little can go a LONG way. I have used this for about a month, only before styling, and have not noticed any new heat damage. I don't use this with the expectation that it's going to keep my hair straight, but after styling with this my hair does feel silkier and doesn't get as puffy after I go outside.

on 7/10/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This one is fantastic for heat stylling. I have kinky coily hair that is quite dry but after washing I used a little of this on my hair for a light blow dry. my hair comes out soft, nont crunchy and hard as some heat protectants I've used. Really recommend

I have 1c Caucasian hair that is normal thickness and texture. I was using tresemme's heat spray and still fried my hair - just because it makes your hair look and feel nice after heat styling does NOT mean it's working! Cut off my damaged hair and bought this as part of my hair care change. It's loaded with cones so I believe it does a better job of protecting the hair than water based products like tresemme, but time will tell. It is heavy and thick but I just use less. I part my hair into pigtails and use a dime size amount on each half working from the bottom up and when I finish, I run my hands quickly over my bangs and scalp area to distribute the leftover serum without making my scalp oily. It does make my hair a little heavy but after styling, it's not noticeable to the eye or touch. People without dry hair will want to skip this product or use a clarifying shampoo if they plan to use it every day. I only use it 1-2x a week at the most and have not had a problem - my hair retains its shine and the frizz is noticeably lessened.

on 8/11/2013 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG!!! I never realized how much this stuff helps my hair stay healthy. I forgot it at my sister's home and I went about 3 days without using it and within those 3 days I noticed the damage my flat iron caused without using my heat protector. I will never go without it again. It must also help that it has aloe. I love this!!

on 8/8/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product! I've used the treseme heat protectant and I like it but I prefer this one better! I apply it all over my hair after I shower and straighten it the next day. It leaves my hair very soft and manageable after I straighten it. Will be repurchasing (:

on 4/5/2012 10:58:00 PM

I've been using this for years and I love it. Its a 6 oz bottle that has lasted me over 2 years. A little goes a long way. I use it after straightening to give me a shiny gloss. Sometimes Ill use before heat styling, but I feel its too heavy and could possibly make your hair look slick. I'm guessing because its silicone based. I would recommend for normal to dry hair types but not for oily hair types. The price is reasonable and this has no scent. Its a product that should be a backup to others such as Tresemme heat styling spray which is my go-to.

on 8/27/2011 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product! I have coarse, heavy porous and wavy hair. I put this on my towel-dried hair and use my flat iron. It is somewhat heavy, but my hair needs heavy to keep the pouf factor at bay. This seems to work better on wet hair.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great heat protector that not only protects my hair, but seems to help with straightening it while I am flat ironing it.

Popular Hair Products