Prada Candy EDP

Prada Candy EDP
Candy EDPCandy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I started liking this, it reminded me of Jessica Simpson Fancy, sweet and spicy. Then it morphed into bug spray on my skin, yuck.

I have to pass.

If you like this, you should try:
~Dior Addict~JS Fancy~Pink Sugar~

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've had this several times as samples over the years and I generally enjoy the scent. It's on the "sweeter" side of perfumes, but isn't overpowering or sickeningly sweet. When I catch a whiff of it throughout the day it's nice. Probably wouldn't buy a full-size, but enjoy when I do get it as a sample or deluxe-sample.

on 2/9/2018 12:18:00 AM

You either love sweet/cotton candy scents, or you don't.. I happen to love them💞.. I recently picked this up after reading reviews saying that this was the more upscale/mature version of Aquolina Pink Sugar(which I also have and love). I agree that they are similiar, and while I'm far from a fragrance describing expert, I will just say I love the notes of caramel, vanilla, cotton candy, and just plain sweet sugary goodness.. Will forever repurchase regardless of price.

on 11/29/2017 6:56:00 AM

I have al Rehabs Golden Sand first and that smells just like Prada Candy so if you want a cheaper alternative or a dupe imo. Go with al Rehabs Golden Sand it is so similar I mix the 2 so the Candy lasts longer on my skin. It does last but it becomes a skin scent pretty quickly. I love the way this smells though! I love caramel and benzoin vanilla is just so yummy. This is also a great cold weather scent I love wearing it in this type of weather it really shines in the cold if you ask me. I love the packaging on this and I had bought the 3 piece set and ended up giving the roller ball to my sister because she really loves this fragrance too.

It’s very expensive and I wish it lasted longer and had better sillage. But I like a loud scent this is more demure and that’s just fine. It doesn’t detract any lippies because the scent itself is very well done. I love this on me it dries down into a spicy powdery vanilla musk which I love. As a musk lover I really wanted to try this and it does not disappoint. This is such a warm, lovely fragrance that I’m really enjoying for the cold months. Also the vanilla in this smells so good this really is a lovely perfume.

on 11/24/2017 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'd heard about Candy, of course, but didn't realize how popular it really is until I got my sample rollerball in a sephora.com order, and realized that I've been smelling it everywhere for the past few years.

Candy is tricky for me to describe. I'm constantly sniffing myself while wearing it, trying to qualify it (and also because I like it). It's warm and sweet, but not overly sweet; the name made me wary, but it's much less sweet than, say, many Bath & Body Works scents. There's nothing artificial. To riff off another reviewer below me, it smells like a perfume (as opposed to a fragrance that's trying to copy the scent of something that isn't a perfume). To me, it isn't foody at all, just sweet and warm. It's also completely lacking in any strong muskiness or indolic nature, so it's very safe. It helps that the sillage is quite close. In very generic, subjective terms, it's a great option with which to smell sweet, yummy, and expensive, all at the same time. The reviewers who described it as "grown up Pink Sugar" nailed it.

In any case, it lasts for about 12 hours on me. Candy isn't terribly interesting; it's definitely one of those perfumes that you wear, rather than it wearing you. Personally, I like more distinctiveness in my everyday fragrance, but Candy is really well done and flattering, so I'll be holding onto this quite generous sample.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been looking for a nice everyday perfume for days that I didn't want to have to think about what to wear. This is definitely what I was looking for! Just gourmand enough since that's my favorite genre, but still fresh enough from the musk to keep it perfectly casual. The kind of perfume that goes with every outfit, especially with Uggs and jeans in the fall.

I bought the gift set with the body lotion which is lovely as well. While the sillage isn't super strong, I find that this perfume lasts throughout the day pretty well. I would totally buy a deodorant (like the famous Cashmere Mist) in this scent if they made one.

It smells how a hug from my son when he was little felt. So warm and snuggly, my new happy scent. Vanilla and lightly caramelized, it's like a grown up version of the Viva La Juicy line. And I love the bottle!!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a lovely scent. My only complaint is that it smells too perfumy, if you know what I mean. In other words it's got so many scents mixed in that at times it just smells like most perfumes do. It's just a bit sweet, despite the name, it has a nice balance of muskier low scents and higher floral scents. I like it, but like others have noted it does not last long.

Try this: put some almond or other similar oil on your wrist then spray on perfume, and it'll stay longer. The oil helps it last.

Prada Candy is a lovely perfume - young, fun and sweet. It is gorgeous and smells to me like a grown up caramel and vanilla. It is very warm and has good projection - though the base notes wear close to the skin. I can smell this on myself all day. It is a very sweet and musky perfume, quite deep and warm without becoming too heavy. It is a young fragrance but suitable for all ages. The muskiness and warmth prevent it from smelling juvenile. This perfume would be great for both day and evening wear. I think it would be a perfect scent to wear on a date, or on a girls' night out. I love this perfume and would definitely repurchase.

Top Notes: Caramel.
Heart Notes: Powdery Notes, Musk.
Base Notes: Vanilla, Benzoin.

(Notes from Fragrantica)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have loved this scent since the very first time I tried it! Luckily, it was close to my birthday and I was so excited to receive a large, 2.7 oz. bottle as a gift! This fragrance is sexy, sweet, musky and intoxicating. I will agree with the many other reviews in that the longevity of the scent leaves something to be desired, which is my only negative thought on this fragrance. A few other of my personal favorite scents for reference: Black Opium YSL, Alien Thierry Mugler, See By Chloe, Juicy Couture, Flowerbomb Viktor & Rolf, I Love Her Just Cavalli, Touch Burberry. If the above list stings the nostrils, this probably is not for you. Mostly, it reminds me of a grown-up Pink Sugar; much like The Carrie Diaries is to Sex & the City, if you will.

on 12/22/2016 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I fell in love with this perfume when using a sample I got from Sephora so when the holiday full size came out with the free lotion I scooped it up. But since then I've been disappointed in its lasting power. Bummer!

Popular Fragrances