Prada Candy EDP

Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

WTH happened with this perfume?? Was it reformulated? I'm so upset, because this has been one of my faves since it launched, and yet it doesn't last at all anymore.

Yesterday I picked up the Sephora sample box to test some new fragrances, because it comes with a certificate for a full size bottle of a perfume of my choosing.

I immediately spritzed this on because I've always loved it so much even though I haven't tried some of the other perfumes. The scent disappeared within minutes, just like a weak body spray!!

This is horrible. :( I even asked my husband to smell my wrist and neck, because I was in denial about it. He said, "That's the weakest perfume I've ever smelled. I feel sorry for any woman that buys it."

This is a travesty! I hope this is just a fluke. I will update as soon as I find out for sure.

on 6/4/2016 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Overall, it's a pretty scent and fits the sweet category for me. The notes are Caramel, Musk, Vanilla, and Benzoin. I see this as the older sister of Pink Sugar or similar scents (which I also like). Though, I wouldn't say it's overly special or unique.

Alot mention that this scent doesn't last well. The downside of this is that some tend to really bathe in it. I've noticed this walking by or sitting next to some and it can be nauseating - like anything that's applied to heavily.

To Read all 235 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/24/2016 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I blind bought this item. It seemed like something I would enjoy especially the caramel/vanilla combination. However, now that I have received the scent I am not too sure I like it. I do....but I don't.

First off, when you spray it, it definitely smells of alcohol which disappointed me for something so expensive. However, once it dries down, the scent comes through. I can sense a lot more vanilla than caramel and it has a distinct musk/baby powder smell. It actually reminds me of Love's Baby Soft. I also thought to myself that it smells like a men's cologne to me, but a tad softer.

Also, as a lot of other people are mentioning, it is a very soft fragrance. I spray this like a body mist and it still is very light. It stays all day, but I spray it liberally.

It's not TOO bad and I will wear it more to see if I get used to it, but I won't buy again.

edit:// I am actually coming into this scent and quite like it now. The more I wear the scent, the more it does start to smell caramel/vanilla like. I still spray it like a body spray since it is a very light smell but it lasts all day one me. Luckily, this ended up not being a bad buy.

on 2/14/2016 2:46:00 PM

I am not an expert at all in understanding or describing scents so this is not going to be a really informed review. I am kind of a minimalist and unlike many people who really enjoy their fragrance and want it to be noticed, I just like a little bit of a bit of scent. I guess I like it to be more personal, if that makes sense. I like to wear a perfume that makes me feel good and lingers only a little.

So, for me a winning fragrance is subtle and warm and interesting. I find this is exactly what I like about Prada Candy. I do understand the negatives because if you want something that makes a statement this probably isn't your pick. But this one makes me happy and I wear it every day. I have it in a rollerball and bottle and will buy it again when it is gone.

I had obtained two sample vials of this scent with a couple of purchases, and after some time, decided to make use of them. The first vial I used, I had loved this scent. It started off sharp and sweet, and dwindled down to soft, musky, and sweet like chocolate! I don't know why, but I loved how it smelled on me. I thought for sure that when my current stash of perfumes would dwindle down, the first scent I would buy to replenish said stash would be this one. However, when I started using the second vial, I could barely smell anything. To make matters worse, what I could smell I did not like. Very sickly sweet. Almost plastic like. I am contemplating throwing away the remaining amount in the sample vial. I thought it was just me, or that I had received a bad sample. However, upon reading other poor reviews at Sephora.com, I realized it was not just me. What the heck, Prada? Why the inconsistent, half-baked, poor formula?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this fragrance! I got it after purchasing a Sephora sampler kit and this was my favorite scent. I also bought a rollerball for my teacher who comments whenever I wear it.

on 12/29/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love this scent for everyday but I om wish it would LAST! I can't even smell it!! Maybe it's because I only have the rollerball but... I worry because I'm afraid of using too much because I can't smell it! It's expensive too so I would like to not go through a roller ever month.

That aside, I feel like this is the first sweet perfume that doesn't make me gag-I dot. Love all the Victoras Secret perfumes and I normally don't like sweet smells except for some of the Demeter scents, but I like this and I feel like it's unexpected on me Bc I usually only wear musky scents. I will give the big bottle a try but I think I could find something that lasts longer on me for the price.

on 12/11/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful sweet fragrance but a true waste of money nonetheless. I used this liberally several days in a row and not one person, friends or family, could smell it standing a few feet away from me. Only when they were practically on top of me could they detect any fragrance. I would get more satisfaction from a $10 bottle of Bath and Bodyworks body spray. This expensive bottle of nothing gets returned tomorrow.

on 9/1/2015 7:12:00 AM

I adore this fragrance so much! I love the sweetness, the warmth, the way this lingers as warm caramel, vanilla sugar and ends up being a sensuous sweet musk. Candy is an updated vanilla fragrance, not at all like the cheap body sprays that I wore as a teen.

This is a very seductively feminine fragrance, which although is warm and enticing, it has a cleanness to it which keeps it modern. I have read reviews of this that compare it to a sweeter Infusion D Iris, and that is exactly what this smells like to me!

This also really lasts on my skin, for which I am very grateful. I only own the rollerball for now but I will definitely buy a bigger bottle.

on 8/31/2015 1:57:00 PM

I love it. I had no idea it existed. I had mentioned to DH that I wanted Pink Sugar, but when he went to get it for me at Sephora, they didn't have it. They recommended this and he purchased it for me and I am so glad. I love PS but this is even better because it's sweet without being too juvenile. It's grown up sugar. :D

Popular Fragrances