NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Expresso/Espresso

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

**2nd UPDATE** 05/10/2014

Okay..I LOVE this blush now, it really grew on me. It's so flattering and natural on my warm, tan skintone. I would say it really gives my face a somewhat "sultry" look. Easy to blend, highly buildable (which I love cause you have more control), nice finish (not chalky or powdery and lays very nicely on the skin) and decent staying power (if it was longer lasting I'd give it a 5). This is currently the most flattering blush I've ever used on myself I can almost see why I thought my makeup was oddly better looking when I was 17. Would repurchase!

______________________________________

**UPDATE**
I increased my rating to 4 instead of 2, I still wouldn't repurchase though. For some reason, as I started to use it more the blush became more pigmented & less chalky somehow. It's like there was a top layer that needed to be swept away first. I used the same brush aswell. Now the pigmentation is great, you can get a really good color payoff that can be easily blended out if you apply too much. It looks nice & natural on my skintone perhaps a bit too rosy now that I look at it for my liking, as my taste in blush has changed, hence why I wouldn't repurchase. It's a good, solid blush with perfect pigmentation (not overly so where you can only lightly tap your brush in -- hate blushes like that) & blendability. The wear is nice too as I don't notice too much fading throughout the day. Hopefully NYX releases more nude-toned shades as I'm really digging the formula of this blush now.

________________________________________________

Back when I was 16-17 (mostly in 2010) this was the one blush that I wore all the time. Back then, this blush was so natural & flattering on my skin (I was always quite tan, think NC37-40). Now for some reason that I recently got it again, it applies quite sheerly on me. I have to build it up so much but it still ends up looking almost chalky so I use another blush over top of it. Maybe I just got a bad one but I swear they must've changed the formula. Mine doesn't have mineral or lanolin oil listed on the ingredients list but I'm pretty sure it used to. This blush used to be more pigmented, albeit a bit more powder kick-up (now it's very smooth & tightly-packed, there's almost no powder fall-out from what I've experienced) but it was a lot more pigmented then this. A Mac Sheertone blush is a lot more pigmented then this if you want an idea. I have to swipe my brush in several times to get it to somewhat show up. It's a beautiful color but I think because of how it applies, it would work best on lighter skintones. It's a shame because this used to be the most flattering blush I've ever used for my tan skin. On behalf of the old formula I used to use & the new one I got, the wear time isn't amazing (it never was) but it blends out really nicely so it never looks overdone. I now just use this as a blending-out eyeshadow & it works nicely for that but I'm still very disappointed.

As for the shade itself, it's a matte warm rosey-pink with brown tones.

Popular Blush Products