Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist

Garnier Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist

3.7

Alcohol Denat., Aqua (Water), VA, Crotonates, Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil), Aminomethyl Propanol, Xylose, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Limonene, Linalool, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal

on 6/22/2017 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This heat protectant spray has reached HG status for me. My previous go-to was the L'Oreal Sleek It Iron Straight Heatspray, but I realized recently that I've been reaching for this one more and more. It smells great, makes my hair shiny and smooth and frizz-free after flat-ironing, is dirt cheap, and I can spray clouds of it into my hair without having to worry about turning my bathroom floor into a Slip-n-Slide. It seems to be doing a great job of keeping my hair protected from heat and doesn't leave build-up behind. In fact, I'm just now realizing that I like this stuff so much that it's sure to be discontinued any minute. I'd better go buy 10 or 12 of these for back-ups just in case... :)

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I think I got this in a BOGO sale a few months back. I does a fair job and doesn't leave my dry hair greasy, but it seems to feel drier at the ends. I question whether this is good for the hair since it seem to contains water. Wet hair + flat irons= over cooked hair. I can't see myself using this again. I even tried it on my daughters hair and the same results. I hope that it really protected my hair, but I don't like the manageability or the texture it leaves the hair. Perhaps the people who liked this has an oilier hair type and this work well with there hair, but my hair is on the drier side so I'll pass. Personally I prefer Silk Elements Olive or the Coconut heat protectent.

on 3/18/2017 6:37:00 PM

i bought this product randomly because i ran out of my heat protectant and since i've used it every time i've flat ironed my hair , it smells amazing and keeps my hair completely straight . any time i use another product my ends curl up and even if it's just a tiny bit it drives me crazy . idk why everyone thinks it smells like alcohol 🤔.

This spray drives me crazy. It feels like a starchy spray and it does make my hair straight....BUT it really sucks the life out of my strands :( It becomes dry and a little stiff and lifeless. For the record I have extremely thin hair so this might be better for someone with thicker hair...

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is pretty good. It dod a good job protecting my hair from humidity. I used as an anti humidity spray though. It doesn't do an amazing job at keeping hair straight or curly and protecting it from the direct heat coming from a curling wand, curling iron, flat iron, hair dryer, etc. It only keeps hair straight for about 7 hours. I know that everybody has a different hair type but for a while after styling my hair it is wavy/curly again. Not frizzy but it has texture. Especially on a hot day but it keeps it from being frizzy. If I curl it after a while it'll just start curling in a different way than it did before.

I have naturally wavy hair. It's the kind of waves that aren't cute, especially on my short hair, and they are very hard to straighten out. If there is any humidity in the air my hair will frizz and the wave will come back. I bought this stuff a few years back when my hair was longer and we were having a very humid summer. I kid you not, this is a HG product. I will spray it in my hair after showering and air drying my hair for about an hour. I shower at night so I air dry it a bit but have put it in and immediately blow dried my hair when getting ready for a party and such. After it has air dried an hour or so I spray this all over and blow dry my hair. Then I will sleep on it and straighten it in the morning. Not only does my hair blow dry smooth and soft, but in the morning I usually only need to straighten the back sections that got messed up from sleep. I can go 2-3 days without washing my hair and without having to re-straighten my whole head. It's usually the back I need to straighten cause I sleep on my back.

I cannot live without this product. If they ever discontinue this I will be so upset. I never spray it on my hair right before flat ironing like would be expected because I feel like my hair feels gross afterward. But try it before blow drying your hair! It's my favorite hair product I use!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this for two bucks at family dollar and decided to give it a try. I'm not a fan of that Garnier bambooey scent like some people are mentioning, but it's really not that strong with this stuff, so it's practically unnoticeable. It does give a pretty shine and makes hair look smooth. It's not a HG product, but definitely worth buying again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought about a year ago because I needed a heat protectant, as I had been straightening my hair a lot recently, and it was on sale. Plus, it was 2 dollars and I can't afford that 8 dollar Tresemme heat protectant! I'm so happy with this product and since then have repurchased this! I can definitely tell the difference between unprotected and protected straightening; my hair doesn't lack lustre and has, in fact, become healthier due to the Moroccan argan oil! You can also use this as a regular heat protectant and it works great. By the way, am I the only one who LOVES the Garnier scent, because I don't understand why people complain about it! Like I want to spray that scent all over my body!

on 5/31/2015 1:24:00 AM

great at leaving my hair not frizzy and smells so good

I straighten my hair every other day and I just love this stuff. I have really thick hair since lot spray a lot more than most people, other heat protectants take a while to dry for me and this is quick and easy. it keeps my hair straight all the next two days. it makes straightening fast and easy. I already love a lot of garnier products but this is a must 🙌👌

Popular Styling Products