Burt's Bees Shea Butter and Vitamin E Body Lotion

Burt's Bees Shea Butter and Vitamin E Body Lotion

2.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

While I can appreciate the 'natural' approach that Burt's Bees puts forth, at the end of the day for me it is how a product performs is what counts. This at best in that regard is a mere 2 out of 5 stars, and even that is being generous (how can you totally knock a 'natural' company...?). This at first squeeze out of the tube feels like a very heavy feeling lotion. When applied, this takes for-e-ver to absorb into the skin, and, for me, the moisturizing aspect is really not any real significance. My skin is not even that dry and this felt like it did 'nothing' -- well, except make my skin smell really foul. This just has a very foul smell that I just can't get past (as in actually gag-inducing for me, it is that bad..but I also have a sensitive nose..), even in the tube this smells foul.....Maybe it is the 'natural' aspect of it, but to me, if you say 'fragrance free' on your bottle and yet you smell like rotten eggs, well, maybe you should drop the 'fragrance free' claim. This does have a convenient flip tube and is a generous enough size tube. But again, at the end of the day I feel like all this did was make me smell like rotten eggs..:((( I would sooner have donated the money to a local animal shelter..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's awful. It stinks and does not moisturize. I'll go back to Aveno fragrance free.

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/14/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was fine. Only fine. Not great. Not bad. Just meh. I have very sensitive skin and a sensitive nose, and lotions are really hit and miss for me. This one is no exception. There is no fragrance, but there is a weird scent that I find annoying. It is not moisturizing enough for my very dry skin, so I mix it with some vitamin E oil and am good to go. I would not repurchase, but it is a serviceable lotion for someone with normal skin who wants an everyday hand cream.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because of the shea butter... as well as because it's sans parabens, phthalates, etc.
It's a decent lotion, but nothing spectacular.
One thing I wouldn't recommend is putting it on your decollage area... I recently got sunburned and tried putting some of this lotion on part of chest area to hopefully avoide peeling and ended up with a couple of big blemishes. =/ Were they caused by the lotion? I can't say for sure, but I won't risk finding out again lol.
I'll use it up and then try another brand because I'm feeling convicted about Burts Bees parent company being Clorox... and I'd prefer to try a brand that fully does not partake in animal testing.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry skin and was looking for a lighter weight body moisturizer for the summer. I came across this product in CVS and picked it up because of the shea butter and vitamin E and because I like the product philosophy of Burt's Bees (no animal testing, etc...). Sadly, this lotion has done nothing for me. It claims to provide 24 hour moisturization, but it doesn't even provide me with 8 hours. My skin is noticeably dry and flaky after a few hours of applying.