3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love No 62 is an awesome, beautiful scent! Not at all for young people only as I'm 61 and absolutely love this scent! I received a small sample scent with an order from Sephora and had to buy the full size which is a great value at $42.00 for 1.6 oz. It does not last as long as some of the classics that I own but for the price, I certainly don't mind spraying more often. I also purchased the scented hand cream and plan to layer the hand cream with the perfume in hopes the scent lasts longer. But I can't get enough of the scent or stop smelling it on my wrists! Highly recommend. From Sephora's website: This fragrance revels in the complexities of love, with warm notes of dark vanilla bean, sensuous sandalwood, provocative spices, and an unexpected kiss of sweet orchid. Dare to pair this fragrance with an exotic floral for a sweet and sultry scent. Notes: Dark Vanilla Bean, Sparkling Citrus, Orchid, White Tea, Sandalwood, Tonka Bean. Style: Inquisitive. Dramatic. Darling.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I picked this up in a rollerball and I really like it. It's a warm, rich vanilla based scent that is wonderful for winter/fall. It's not a fake smelling vanilla base at all and has some musky notes I really like although I am normally more of a fresh, fruity scent person. It lasts about 8 hours easily on me. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

I got a large sample of this and I enjoy it, though it might be a bit too sweet for me to purchase. To me this smells like a vanilla pepsi and smoke. There is an effervescent bubbly type of citrus smell when I first apply which is what I think is reminding me of soda. Under that is a vanilla smell mixed with something that sort of smells like tobacco and fruit and wafting through all that is a bit of a smoky smell. I don't smell any type of plastic smell at all but as I wear this fragrance it grows sweeter and ends up too sweet for daily use for me though I may break it out on occasion. I'm surprised that people are saying that it didn't last because on me it lasted through an entire day of work and I got some on my coat sleeve and it still smells like it days later. I actually think it is one of the longest lasting perfumes that I have.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Smoky florals and vanilla come to mind whenever I wear this but I love it. It's a bit different from other fragrances I have worn and it unfortunately fades pretty fast. I would have to reapply every couple of hours which is annoying. Other than that, it is a great fall and winter scent for me. Not sure if I would repurchase.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

I'm not a perfume connoisseur by any means but even I am not that impressed with this scent. It's plain vanilla and sandalwood on my skin with some sort of underlying "darkness" (very reminiscent of pipe tobacco, but I'm sure the white tea also plays a part in this, odd as it sounds) that unfortunately fades away far too quickly. When the initial smokiness dissipates the whole thing just becomes generic and pedestrian. Now normally I don't mind basic scents, but the problem is that this smells really synthetic the very instant I apply it. And the longevity is very disappointing. This is far from an offensive scent but it's definitely something I would never seek out.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

4 years ago

the price is very reasonable compared to most scents (around 45 Canadian). the bottle is simple and looks nice. as for the scent...the first spritz i found to be very unisex smelling; a bit androgenous even. the drydown was a sweet tabacco smell. interesting and sweet but not cloying.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

4 years ago

This smells exactly like the industrial cleaning product used in the restrooms at my last job. Just absolutely awful.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This is one of my new favorites. It smells of tobacco and vanilla. Very warm and cozy. I decanted my small bottle into a travalo and it's perfect! I get compliments every time I wear it.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

4 years ago

This is a sexy grown-up vanilla! Not overly sweet. Good staying power.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone

from

5 years ago

I have the little rollerball of this that came in the little Takeout tin. I like it, it's like vanilla, but savory somehow. There is also a peppery element to it that I really enjoy. It might be too strong for a spray, but I'd definitely buy the rollerball again when I run out. I tend to prefer rollerball anyway, because when I use a rollerball, I don't get perfume everywhere. Nothing like spraying on perfume, then going over to take a drink of water and tasting... perfume. T_T

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium