2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

My biggest beef about this product is that it was discontinued several weeks before I purchased it and the rep never mentioned that. The product was delivered as if nothing changed. I have written Avon the find out why it was discontinued. My second biggest beef is that since I started using it Ive noticed an increase in wrinkles around my mouth, a serious increase too. It's going in the trash and Ive been using it for about 2 weeks. Returning to Olay with Shea Butter. That is great stuff. I don't know why I thought the Anew would be better. At least it's off the market.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I'll be honest, this is not something I would have started using if it wasn't recommended to me. I don't use any Avon products but the last time I saw my cousin, her acne had cleared up completely, her skin was glowing, and she wasn't even wearing any makeup so I was definitely quick to try this when she recommended it. Although I don't have any trouble with blemishes usually, I have very enlarged & clogged pores, and ridiculously oily skin. I used this with my clarisonic at night and by itself in the morning and boy was I impressed! All the junk from my pores were gone, leaving my pores smaller and refined, my skin was smooth and glowing. It left the most perfect base for my makeup, I couldn't believe it. But what was really amazing is my face stayed matte, for once, the ENTIRE day. I honestly thought something like this was impossible but this face wash made all the difference in my skin care. For reference, each step in my skin care has a made a difference in my skin but this was the final piece to the puzzle I was looking for. If you're like me and wouldn't think twice about an Avon cleanser, it's on sale for $5 on the website so it's worth a shot.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

1.0

6 years ago

I have extremely dry skin. I've been looking for a good, creamy, non-drying cleanser. I use scrubs mostly. As an Avon Represenative, I thought I should give this one a try as a lot of my customers ask if I had tried something and what my opinion is. Honestly, I do not like it. After putting this on my face, working up a lather and then rinsing it off, my face was very dry and itchy. I will not be purchasing this and would not recommend it to my customers either. I am still looking for that perfect creamy cleanser.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

7 years ago

I am over 60 with darn good skin! I use the Neutrogena battery cleansing tool once or twice a week to exfoliate and Avon's Platinum skin care products daily. I never bothered with the cleanser until I got a tube as a freebie with my Platinum order and I think it's a great product. It removes my makeup and leaves my skin glowing. However, I must add that I always use Avon's Aloe bar soap on my body and use it every night after I wash the Platinum cleanser off my face as well. Anyhoo, this all works for me.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairSilver

8 years ago

Unfortunately this cleanser does not remove foundation and concealer. It does OK on eye makeup though. It suds nicely and I did not find it drying nor did it have a scent which is good. The top of the tube tends to get messy and the drips accumulate in the plastic top. It was on sale for $9 but since my main issue is removing foundation this is useless for me.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

9 years ago

This cleanser is advertised by Avon for those of age 60+. Since I love the Anew Ultimate Age Repair Cream Cleanser, which is advertised for age 50+. I thought this Platinum line is a cream cleanser with more moisturizing effect. WRONG !!! This is a foam cleanser, granted it has effective surfectant to take the make up off (foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow; cannot commet on mascara or lipstick) but it is a bit drying for dry skin, normal skin or slightly dry skin in summer time can get away with it. On my dry skin (except T zone) it is slightly drying, but not strippingly dry. I bought four on sale for $5 each, I can always use it as a hand cleanser. Edit: OMG this has TEA lauryl sulphate as the third ingredient, first 2 are water, glycerin .... go figure.

About reviewer (778 reviews)

Age44-55