Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used this for the first time tonight and I am BLOWN AWAY! So much so, I joined makeupalley just to write this review, and I never write reviews!

Let me start off by giving my reason for using this product in the first place. I have naturally thick, black, very long hair. Two weeks ago, I decided to do a red ombre (at home). Well, lets just say that wasn't a good idea. My hair became straw like at the ends! No joke, literally like hay! Although I love the red and the way the color turned out, my hair is clearly damaged.

Fast forward to tonight. After days of research, I decided to try this out. I shampooed my hair as normal then towel dried. I put a generous amount on the fried ends of my hair and put on a shower cap. I left it on for 15 min then rinsed with cold water. NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART...this is a protein treatment, which means you will need, need , NEED to follow up immediately with a deep conditioner or mask. I combined Aussie 3 minute miracle, Neutrogena triple moisture mask AND ion effective care treatment and used as a mask. Mind you, I have always combined these products and used the concoction as a deep conditioner. However, I was seeing NO MAJOR improvement once my hair was dyed and damaged. but HOLY COW, using the Redken extreme strength builder plus beforehand made a major difference!

I am seriously almost in tears, I am so happy! this DID NOT strip any red from my hair and left it so vibrant and smooth. My hair looks smoother right now than it did before I did the ombre. I will continue to use this and update in a few weeks with my progress. if you are dealing with dry, over processed damaged hair, you NEED to try this! You will be so glad you did!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I fried one section of my hair this past summer with a curling iron (left it on my hair to long because I was talking on the phone and didn't realize that I left it on too long, stupid me). The rest of my hair is completely healthy. That one little area of my hair was disgusting after that point and I went crazy. Because the rest of my hair was so healthy looking, it stood out so bad. For months I would try things to reverse it.... nothing worked. It slowly got better within time, mostly because some of it was chopped off during a hair cut session.

Was at the mall and on a whim I bought this. I've used this three times so far, and I can already see a big difference. For the first time it's soft and not haystack feeling. Godsend.

on 11/5/2011 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, so I over highlight and never learn the lesson that I'll never have healthy hair. And with this product, I might decide to trade highlights for the strength I'm feeling that I haven't felt in the last 3 years since going back to blonde. See I figure that the ends are so damaged, but short hair isn't an option, might as well touch up theroot since so much of it is dead anyway. Who wants dead brown hair? So I retouch.... Every time I heavy highlight my super dark brown roots, the treatments only do so much, mainly repair the new growth and the ends are still really bad. But wow, I can feel after using this masque 3 times in a row, more strength, thicker, a little shinier and I can run my hand farther down my hair then before! Now, I can't run my fingers all the way without feeling my hair snap, but it's coming along in a way that mo other product has done. I use kerastase masque every other wash and the strengthening conditioner by kerastase. Kerastase alone hasn't helped with strength, but it moisturizes so well after the red ken plus masque. For me, both only work well together. The red ken masque is really awesome and if it eventually fixes my hair ill finally be able ton darken it and probably leave an even happier review ! But honestly, no otherprotein has helped like this one....try itt