Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I read a ton of great reviews on this before I went through with it.

Heat damage and treatment always has been messing up my hair and 'frying it'. They say this helps with protein building so I wanted to give it a go

After using it several weeks. My hair does seem shinier and in general more manageable. I have noticed healthier looking hair, but it's still breaking off more than with some cheaper treatments I've used. I think my hair is too damaged for this. This is more of a mild treatment.

on 10/7/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am hardly a hair connoisseur. I have never dyed, bleached, permed, or treated my hair in anyway. But I work outside and have naturally fine (but very thick) hair that's prone to dryness and breakage.

This product used as a mask adds noticable weight and strength to my hair. The only bad part, if it touches my scalp I get big painful welts! Great product but my skin hates it.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I had a traumatic experience where my hair broke off.. in handfuls. It was so over processed and dry, and this single handedly brought my hair back to life. This is the only reason I didn't have to cut my hair into a pixie cut and I will continue to buy as long as I'm a blonde.

It was okay at first I did not know what to expect, had a bleaching accident to the point where my hair is stringy like a rubber band, it's color was gray/silver which I finally manage after various attempts it was awesome but the down side was that I made it super thin and elastic. This product did nothing to my hair. Left it on for a length bit testing out times, from 5 minutes to 15 to 20 to 30 even an hr but no luck. I am sure if hair is not damaged as mine I am sure it will work wonders but to my damaged hair it did nothing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a favorite of mine in the whole Redken Extreme line. It does what it is supposed to do and I see definite improvements in my hair. There is less fallout in the shower, my hair is left shiny and not crunchy, and my curls get a boost in texture. It has the same fruity scent as the Anti-Snap spray which I also adore. The consistency is that of a yogurt and it is light blue in color. It does feel like it gets absorbed in my hair and it has good slip for me. It does take a while to feel like it has rinsed off cleanly, but the effort is worth it. My hair air-dries soft and never greasy. I wish this came in a tube instead of a jar.

on 4/2/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hair repair in a jar. This product contains the penetrating palm oils, the ceramides, hydrolyzed proteins and 18-MEA needed to rebuild damaged hair. If you have fried or color damaged hair this product will be your best friend. Silicone free is also a plus so the ingredients really sink in. I think if you aren't getting the best results with this, try clarifying the hair first. If you use a silicone based shampoo you may be blocking some absorption needed to get full benefit.
I clarify then towel blot hair. Apply and leave in 30 minutes under a shower cap. I follow with a protein free conditioner and leave on 5 minutes. Result is hair so lovely I could cry.
When I am in a hurry I will just use as a regular conditioner once in a while. When I do this I only rinse 75% out and let the rest just seep into hair throughout the day. Makes hair very manageable.

I have yet to find another product on the market that contains all the ingredients this one does. Some have one or 2. This one has all needed so you truly are getting the best product possible to help work with damaged hair.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was a natural for two years and recently decided to go back to relaxing my hair. In order to avoid the reason I did a big chop before i went to a salon. The stylist recommended this product as my deep conditioner and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it!!! I've gone through 2 tubs of it and honestly I've strayed but I'm definitely going back. After washing my hair I apply a generous amount of the deep conditioner and wrap my hair around my head doobie style place a shower cap on my head and use my home hair therapy wrap... which is basically just like sitting under a dryer or wrapping a hot towel around your head. In fifteen minutes I have soft, flowy, moisturized hair. When I rinse I never rinse all of the conditioner out... more like 95%. then i apply my heat protectant and blow dry and my hair is the best it ever felt with this conditioner. I've found that as long as I follow up with a proper hair routine... i.e. leave in and seal and wrapping my hair every night the results lasts until i wash my hair the next week. Also I really like the smell and texture of the product. Another thing to note it that i am pretty heavy handed when it comes to products so my hair is soaked in this stuff and then i add some more.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. It makes my hair really soft. I don't really like how it in a tub because I don't like digging into it or have to be extra careful about getting water in it in the shower. But over all it is a great deep conditioner.

on 10/19/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried many rebuilder or moisturizing masks in my life;
(JOICO K-PAK, ABSOLUTE REPAIR FROM L'ORÉAL PROFFESSIONAL, EVERCRÈME SULFATE FREE MOISTURE SYSTEM...) But this one is the best i've ever bought! i don't have any negative point to say on this product

I got this mask for 18$ instead of 23$ which is a great deal for a proffesional product.
Since I have it, I used this product once a week, for 5 months now and the jar is empty at 3/4... not bad considering that my hair are very long and damaged by bleach! I Will rebuy it for sure

Pros:smells good
last long (big jar)
resonable price
nice creamy texture
fast visible effects (2 or 3 uses)
repair and reconstruct damaged hair

on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love love love this product.

Bit of my background to start - I have thick, dark, chest-length hair that I have chemically straightened twice. Plus used heat to straighten every day for one year, plus used a hair dryer cause I'm horribly impatient. Needless to say, my hair was heat damaged, dry and brittle. And nothing worked. I've tried everything on my hair - 5 different oils, hair masks, hair spas in India. Nothing worked for permanent results.

Then I heard about this product.

I've been using it once a week for the past month and the results are incredible. I follow it up with a strong conditioner. I always add a drop of Argan oil (for extra moisture), heat protectant (cause I can't stand air drying my hair) and some serum (for added shine). My hair is now shiny, bouncy and breakage has reduced considerably. I'm pretty impressed.
The only reason why I would not buy this again is because I always like to change up my hair products. I recommend this if you have damaged hair and nothing will fix it.

PS: Always follow with a deep conditioner. This does not moisturize it only improves strength and your hair will feel straw like without a good conditioner. I also use coconut oil masks weekly to moisturize my hair.