Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

O-M-G! This is my holy grail in my hair routine! You will seriously notice a difference after first use. But, don't over use it. I use this once/twice a week and after only three times I noticed that my hair breaks a lot less and now I have barely any breakage. My hair used to be sooooo CRAZY RUINED, but now, after three months I love my hair again - thanks to Redken Extreme!

I had to cut off a little length due to it being complete chewing gum, but this series saved my hair and I will recommend this to anyone that has ruined their hair from bleaching.

Seriously, buy this is if you're looking for something to save your hair. You won't regret it! And even though my hair is great, I am still in the prosess to go from medium blonde to platinum, so I will continue to use this for a long time! (I went from Black and am now a medium blonde after only three months. Not weird my hair couldn't take it..)

on 5/10/2016 9:39:00 AM

I purchased this product because of all the wonderful reviews here on makeupalley, and I am happy I did. My hair needed conditioning and treatment after bleaching, and this product provided all of that. I use it once (sometimes twice) a week, and follow with a moisturising mask (joico k-pak), because redken mask is a protein mask, it does not provide a lot of hydration. And oh, even after one use hair is amazing, definitely would recommend for someone, who needs to restore their hairs health, after bleaching or using a lot of heat. On my second bottle now, and will keep buying

on 2/18/2016 5:41:00 AM

It makes your hair really soft. It's also very good at repairing damaged hair. But it you don't have damaged hair you should be careful with applying to much, because it can make your hair look sort of dull and greasy if you apply to much.

My hair has been long all of my life, except for a few years in the recent past while I dated a corporate attorney dipshit who subjected me to his hair salon fetish. Weekly visits to whatever ubersalon had captured his fancy made my hair shorter and shorter, and more and more damaged. When I extricated myself, I was hard-pressed to repair both my mane and my means simultaneously. I needed to get with the best products at the best price, and I wasn't going to waste money or time.

This stuff did the trick! The three jars I purchased from Ulta lasted me the better part of a year. By then, my trashed, overtrimmed tresses had grown to bra-strap length, and I was feeling like myself again.

Fast forward to the present: I still use this stuff daily, as the main leg of my hair routine triumvirate (along with the accompanying shampoo and leave-in treatment product).
My hair is almost to the top of my jeans, and my salon visits are limited to annual balayage at Phoebe Therese.

To summarize: I found this product to be extremely effective in facilitating my hair-length goals in a timely and cost-effective manner. I continue to use it daily, and I recommend it unequivocally. Like duh, it totally rocks!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have extremely damaged hair from years of bleaching and this is the forst thing in forever that has made my hair feel soft. I have only been using it for a while so as to whether it has stopped breakage im not 100% sure. It is expensive as is every other Redken product but its worth it. I would prefer it wasn't in a pot but apart from that A+. I would highly recommend for those who have bleached hair

This product is an absolute life saver. I have thick wavy extremely bleached hair, and have done so for more than 3 years. I was sick of buying argan oils, keratin treatments that would do nothing to my hair. I pair this mask with the matching shampoo and conditioner and after the first wash and treatment my hair literally felt 100 times better. It smells amazing and keeps moisture in and lasts a few days!

on 9/25/2014 11:45:00 PM

This product is a miracle, seriously after one use my damaged, fine, incredibly thick and wavy bleached hair was stronger and shinier, and unlike most other protein based treatments, this didn't dry out my hair or need to be followed up with an intensive conditioner BUT I think it should come with a warning. I am not protein sensitive, I have never had any food/product allergies previously but this product and all redken products I have thus far tried have caused me to break out in hives and have a full on allergic reaction! Some research led me to discover that others have had similar reactions to redken products, even anaphylactic responses which are potentially fatal. I am so upset to be honest because nothing has worked so well on my hair, and I've tried matrix, joico ect. I would suggest testing this product first and if you have allergies discontinue immediately, but if you don't it will simultaneously strengthen and hydrate your hair, THE HG product for any bleach-heads out there.

This is the most amazing hair product I have ever used. It was initially recommended to me by my regular stylist. I'd done a lot of terrible things to my hair with dye and bleach, and this stuff utterly saved it. I've been using it for a few years now, I can't live without it! It somehow has managed to make my breaking, fried, tangled hair and turn it back to being soft, shiny, and silky again.

I've tried A LOT of products on my hair, and this is the only thing I've bought repeatedly. I find it a little expensive, but it's worth it. The results are incredible.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never written a review on anything but I was compelled to review this product, it blew me away. I had fried, bleached blonde, straw like hair with tonnes of breakage and in desperation I turned to this product, which I now believe is the holy grail for bleached blonde hair. I have fine, straight hair and bleach it platinum so I can't speak for any other hair type but after using it, I am literally stopped in my tracks when I pass by a mirror, it is shining like glass. My hair looks like virgin hair and the lovely platinum colour looks revived as well. It has really improved the overall integrity of the hair and it's very hard to see any breakage after only the first time I used it. I think it is advised to use it twice a week until the damage is completely repaired then once a week, then probably once a month to maintain it. Best conditioning treatment I've ever used, it's as good as any professional treatment.

*I used it on towel dried hair and covered with plastic wrap for 15 minutes and rinsed it repeatedly. I should also add, like other posters below found, this product builds strength not softness which I did notice so I added a little of my regular argan oil for moisture before blow drying. Other posters have recommended a clarifying shampoo before use to help it penetrate which I will also be trying next time. Enjoy.

on 1/31/2013 7:20:00 PM

Works nicely on my damaged hair (from bleaching)
I would say the cost is a bit of a rip off though.
if it wasnt tested on animals then i would repurchase