Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Bought this hair treatment after having a couple of inches cut off my hair due to frying it with a flat iron. Goal is to prevent damaging my hair, building strength and hydration.

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus has kept my hair healthy, and it has a pleasant scent, which is a plus, but prefer a bit more hydration. It boils down to personal preference, so I can't rate this with less than three lippies. Good product; however, it isn't for moi.

on 11/18/2013 10:56:00 AM

Just used it for the first time and I already know, that I Love it!!!
I put it on for an hour with shower cap(sexy) and when I rinsed it off, My hair. Was like made of silk!I really really really hope, that I found finally my HG product and I can grow my hair!
will come back for an update for sure!
I will be using in alternate with L'Oreal EverRiche shampoo and deep repair mask, when it runs out I purchase the All Soft range-never used.
Also having the matching shampoo and Anti snap leave in.

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,MilkShake,Bain de terre,Macadamia,Lee. Stafford,Philip Kingsley,Klorane, Phyto etc.
So basically almost every salon and drugstore brand.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never written a review on anything but I was compelled to review this product, it blew me away. I had fried, bleached blonde, straw like hair with tonnes of breakage and in desperation I turned to this product, which I now believe is the holy grail for bleached blonde hair. I have fine, straight hair and bleach it platinum so I can't speak for any other hair type but after using it, I am literally stopped in my tracks when I pass by a mirror, it is shining like glass. My hair looks like virgin hair and the lovely platinum colour looks revived as well. It has really improved the overall integrity of the hair and it's very hard to see any breakage after only the first time I used it. I think it is advised to use it twice a week until the damage is completely repaired then once a week, then probably once a month to maintain it. Best conditioning treatment I've ever used, it's as good as any professional treatment.

*I used it on towel dried hair and covered with plastic wrap for 15 minutes and rinsed it repeatedly. I should also add, like other posters below found, this product builds strength not softness which I did notice so I added a little of my regular argan oil for moisture before blow drying. Other posters have recommended a clarifying shampoo before use to help it penetrate which I will also be trying next time. Enjoy.

on 5/21/2013 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG deep treatment!, it's amazing! I've tyred so many others and this is the most 'strengthening'' and most penetrating deep treatment ever

I couldnt make up my mind whether i liked this hair treatment. My hair is damaged by heat so wanted to gain some strength. I followed the instructions and applied to towel dried hair and left on for about 15 mins. When I rinsed out and dried my hair I didn't notice any imminent results. However after using once a week for about a month can feel that my hair is stronger and fuller and looks healthy.
This product doesn't make your hair soft so it may be worth using an light oil before drying. You only need a small amount applied to the ends of your hair. Will repurchase :)

on 1/31/2013 7:20:00 PM

Works nicely on my damaged hair (from bleaching)
I would say the cost is a bit of a rip off though.
if it wasnt tested on animals then i would repurchase

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I fried one section of my hair this past summer with a curling iron (left it on my hair to long because I was talking on the phone and didn't realize that I left it on too long, stupid me). The rest of my hair is completely healthy. That one little area of my hair was disgusting after that point and I went crazy. Because the rest of my hair was so healthy looking, it stood out so bad. For months I would try things to reverse it.... nothing worked. It slowly got better within time, mostly because some of it was chopped off during a hair cut session.

Was at the mall and on a whim I bought this. I've used this three times so far, and I can already see a big difference. For the first time it's soft and not haystack feeling. Godsend.

on 8/16/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Redken's website mentions this particular product from its Extreme line as containing the highest concentration of their protein reconstructing blend, so, liking the Extreme shampoo, CAT treatment, and conditioner already, I skipped over the Extreme Strength Builder and went right for the Plus. I'm glad I did. I'm sure it will work differently for different people. The argument over these products always seems to be whether or not they require conditioning afterwards. As for me, I've used Strength Builder Plus for a week now and it's worked for me as both a protein treatment and a conditioner, and left my hair shinier, softer, and in better shape every time I use it. I like the smell; it smells like the rest of Redken's products, not "chemically" at all, as others have claimed, at least not to me. I dislike the jar it comes in, as it's hard to use with wet hands in the shower, but I love the product, and the different packaging does serve the purpose of differentiating the two products from each other, which otherwise seem so similar, so I understand why Redken chose a jar packaging for their stronger formulation. Overall, I highly recommend this. I have yet to be truly disappointed by any of the Redken Extreme products I've tried so far, and using them together has improved the condition of my hair massively. I never thought there would be a line that would so completely fit the needs of my particular hair type, which is extremely oily at the scalp, yet dry, thin, and breakage-prone on the ends. The whole line has kept my hair both looking wonderful and in great shape. (Most everything else I've tried has either made my hair greasy and flat, or else stripped it and tore it up.) All in all, I love the shampoo and this mask the most. With the results it's given me, I'll still give it 5 lippies despite the difficult packaging.