Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

My hair is untreated and I never use heat styling. Its not damaged, nor do I have split ends.
So why did I purchase this?
My hair is curly, and protein-sensitive, BUT when used sparingly (like once every to w weeks), this proteinbomb makes my hair even curlier and there is a bounce to the curls.
Its hard to find the balance between protein and moisture, but like I wrote, 2 x monthly for my virgin hair makes all the difference.

on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love love love this product.

Bit of my background to start - I have thick, dark, chest-length hair that I have chemically straightened twice. Plus used heat to straighten every day for one year, plus used a hair dryer cause I'm horribly impatient. Needless to say, my hair was heat damaged, dry and brittle. And nothing worked. I've tried everything on my hair - 5 different oils, hair masks, hair spas in India. Nothing worked for permanent results.

Then I heard about this product.

I've been using it once a week for the past month and the results are incredible. I follow it up with a strong conditioner. I always add a drop of Argan oil (for extra moisture), heat protectant (cause I can't stand air drying my hair) and some serum (for added shine). My hair is now shiny, bouncy and breakage has reduced considerably. I'm pretty impressed.
The only reason why I would not buy this again is because I always like to change up my hair products. I recommend this if you have damaged hair and nothing will fix it.

PS: Always follow with a deep conditioner. This does not moisturize it only improves strength and your hair will feel straw like without a good conditioner. I also use coconut oil masks weekly to moisturize my hair.