Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

on 4/15/2017 3:37:00 PM

This is pretty good when used as directed, my first time I didn't read the directions and left it on for 45 minutes and my hair was left dry and brittle, so I learned to pay attention to directions and apply for 15 minutes with heat wrap my hair in plastic and than put a towel to keep heat in and my hair comes out very soft and healthy looking and feels good. But I always use a moisturizing hair mask right after this since I have dry hair. If I don't apply heat and wrap my hair I don't really see any changes, I don't think my hair became stronger with this I still had breakage using it but it did revive it and improve softness so I will be buying more now I've ran out. You don't need to use a lot so don't slather big amounts on a little hoes a long way with this and a jar lasts me months, it looks like you don't get that much out of the jar but you do I pay $30 Canadian for it.

on 10/22/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This would probably be the only Redken product that I would still buy. I do like this and find that it does exactly what it is supposed to except that I have to do a deep moisture treatment immediately following otherwise my hair is like straw. For those who don't know what exactly this product is- it's a protein mask meaning it puts protein back into your hair. Depending on the level of need and damage would determine how long you would leave this in for. I have seen on so many other reviews over the years that people seem to think this is a moisturizing mask which it is not and it will make your hair feel dry afterwards if your hair is also in need of moisture which is why I follow up with a deep conditioning treatment. I hope Redken keeps this formula and doesn't try to switch it out with something new.

on 9/25/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Once I read the ingredients, II feared this mask might leave my hair dry because it has isopropyl alcohol. However, a friend of mine pointed out that this was added probably as a binder for other ingredients and might not have this effect. This mask also has a lot of protein so if you're protein sensitive, this is definitely not a good choice for you. This said, however, this mask left my hair unbelievably soft, hydrated, silky and shiny, much to my surprise and delight. I left in on for several hours and used heat for about 20 minutes. The directions say to leave it on for a short period of time (just a few minutes in fact) but I figured longer was better. My hair does love protein so I usually do a protein treatment once a month and supplement with a protein leave in (Salerm 21) on occasion. I also use a protein rich shampoo and conditioner, either Pureology Strength Cure or Perfect 4 Platinum once every two weeks or so. It seems that no amount of protein is too much for my hair and it never makes my hair dry or brittle like it can for many others. When I do an intensive protein treatment, I also use Olaplex 1 and 2 then follow these treatments with a hydrating protein free mask. However, this Extreme mask combines a protein treatment with much needed hydration so I can whittle down the steps that follow the Olaplex steps to just one product, this Extreme mask. It smells really nice, although the scent doesn't linger. It also doesn't weigh my hair down, but I do rinse for 4-5 minutes, just to make sure the product is completely out of my hair. I usually let my hair air dry overnight and that's what I did after using this mask. The next morning, my hair was very moisturized and healthy looking and it did have a nice amount of shine. The effects of this mask lasted for about a week and then I did Olaplex step 2, like I do weekly, followed by the Extreme mask. I really like everything about this mask. It doesn't take much to totally saturate my hair and I think that leaving it on for as long as possible is beneficial, although I haven't tried using it for just a few minutes, you never know, it could be just as great. I found that the isopropyl alcohol had no effect on my results whatsoever so obviously this ingredient is beneficial chemically. I truly think this is one of the best mask I've tried in quite some time. I will say again that my hair loves protein. I always get smoother, shinier hair when I use a protein treatment. I do have color treated,highlighted hair and heat style several times a week so dryness is always an issue as is damage. The strengthening effects of protein and Olaplex are insurance against breakage, as is a great thermal protectant. I will be using this mask when I do steps 1 and 2 of Olaplex because it saves me a third step by combining protein with great hydration. This mask is also fairly priced at $17.50 and it will last a good long while because it doesn't take much to do the job. I love it when I find a product that saves me time and when it delivers great results. I have both in this Extreme mask. I'm not a big Redken fan and truthfully ordered this mask to get free shipping from Ulta. However, I'm not returning this product like i planned to. I'm so glad I decided to try it rather than returning it unused. It's really a fantastic mask and great for occasional protein treatments. In combining protein with hydration, this mask delivers it all: soft, moisturized, silky, shiny hair. That's really all I'm asking for and with this product, I definitely got all I really wanted.

on 5/10/2016 9:39:00 AM

I purchased this product because of all the wonderful reviews here on makeupalley, and I am happy I did. My hair needed conditioning and treatment after bleaching, and this product provided all of that. I use it once (sometimes twice) a week, and follow with a moisturising mask (joico k-pak), because redken mask is a protein mask, it does not provide a lot of hydration. And oh, even after one use hair is amazing, definitely would recommend for someone, who needs to restore their hairs health, after bleaching or using a lot of heat. On my second bottle now, and will keep buying

My hair has been long all of my life, except for a few years in the recent past while I dated a corporate attorney dipshit who subjected me to his hair salon fetish. Weekly visits to whatever ubersalon had captured his fancy made my hair shorter and shorter, and more and more damaged. When I extricated myself, I was hard-pressed to repair both my mane and my means simultaneously. I needed to get with the best products at the best price, and I wasn't going to waste money or time.

This stuff did the trick! The three jars I purchased from Ulta lasted me the better part of a year. By then, my trashed, overtrimmed tresses had grown to bra-strap length, and I was feeling like myself again.

Fast forward to the present: I still use this stuff daily, as the main leg of my hair routine triumvirate (along with the accompanying shampoo and leave-in treatment product).
My hair is almost to the top of my jeans, and my salon visits are limited to annual balayage at Phoebe Therese.

To summarize: I found this product to be extremely effective in facilitating my hair-length goals in a timely and cost-effective manner. I continue to use it daily, and I recommend it unequivocally. Like duh, it totally rocks!

I just purchased another pot of this. I tried switching to Kerastase because the lady who I bought it from said she preferred the results to this Redken product. I haven't finished the Kerastase product because it just doesn't do it like Redken! I LOVE this product. I recently bleached my hair and it's a mess. It is so incredibly dry and I feel like this is the only product out the 10000 ones I have bought that makes my hair feel good.

Definitely recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have extremely damaged hair from years of bleaching and this is the forst thing in forever that has made my hair feel soft. I have only been using it for a while so as to whether it has stopped breakage im not 100% sure. It is expensive as is every other Redken product but its worth it. I would prefer it wasn't in a pot but apart from that A+. I would highly recommend for those who have bleached hair

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was lost for words when I tried this! Seriously nothing else will work better on chemically damaged hair.

My hair was completely bleached out and a mess - I thought I would have to cut allot of my hair off. I was highly recommended this and even after one deep treatment my hair was physically softer and a hell of a lot better!! A miracle in a bottle. Don't bother with anything else. Worth every penny!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Bought this hair treatment after having a couple of inches cut off my hair due to frying it with a flat iron. Goal is to prevent damaging my hair, building strength and hydration.

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus has kept my hair healthy, and it has a pleasant scent, which is a plus, but prefer a bit more hydration. It boils down to personal preference, so I can't rate this with less than three lippies. Good product; however, it isn't for moi.

on 8/30/2014 7:15:00 PM

Great!! The best treatment for my coarse, chemically damaged hair so far. I am glad I read MUA before I bought this.

I colour my hair at least five times a year, but could not find any good treatment until this!! I have used most of the kerastase line treatments include Chroma riche, ciment force.... Also loreal, loreal professional, joico, muk, Morrocan Oil, aveda... Etc etc, and they were really just a waste of money!

I use this twice a week, but if you are using the treament more regularly, buy a clarifying shampoo. I tried this treatment with a normal shampoo and also with the clarifying shampoo, Both of the result were still great.

Yesterday my friend touched My hair, she said it feels fresh, new and hydrated. Very impressed with Redken, I will try the CAT spray next time.

** If you want some more moisturizer, added leave in conditioner or thermal protect creme after the shower before blow dry.