Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was lost for words when I tried this! Seriously nothing else will work better on chemically damaged hair.

My hair was completely bleached out and a mess - I thought I would have to cut allot of my hair off. I was highly recommended this and even after one deep treatment my hair was physically softer and a hell of a lot better!! A miracle in a bottle. Don't bother with anything else. Worth every penny!

on 8/16/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Redken's website mentions this particular product from its Extreme line as containing the highest concentration of their protein reconstructing blend, so, liking the Extreme shampoo, CAT treatment, and conditioner already, I skipped over the Extreme Strength Builder and went right for the Plus. I'm glad I did. I'm sure it will work differently for different people. The argument over these products always seems to be whether or not they require conditioning afterwards. As for me, I've used Strength Builder Plus for a week now and it's worked for me as both a protein treatment and a conditioner, and left my hair shinier, softer, and in better shape every time I use it. I like the smell; it smells like the rest of Redken's products, not "chemically" at all, as others have claimed, at least not to me. I dislike the jar it comes in, as it's hard to use with wet hands in the shower, but I love the product, and the different packaging does serve the purpose of differentiating the two products from each other, which otherwise seem so similar, so I understand why Redken chose a jar packaging for their stronger formulation. Overall, I highly recommend this. I have yet to be truly disappointed by any of the Redken Extreme products I've tried so far, and using them together has improved the condition of my hair massively. I never thought there would be a line that would so completely fit the needs of my particular hair type, which is extremely oily at the scalp, yet dry, thin, and breakage-prone on the ends. The whole line has kept my hair both looking wonderful and in great shape. (Most everything else I've tried has either made my hair greasy and flat, or else stripped it and tore it up.) All in all, I love the shampoo and this mask the most. With the results it's given me, I'll still give it 5 lippies despite the difficult packaging.