Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

on 4/2/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is hair repair in a jar. This product contains the penetrating palm oils, the ceramides, hydrolyzed proteins and 18-MEA needed to rebuild damaged hair. If you have fried or color damaged hair this product will be your best friend. Silicone free is also a plus so the ingredients really sink in. I think if you aren't getting the best results with this, try clarifying the hair first. If you use a silicone based shampoo you may be blocking some absorption needed to get full benefit.
I clarify then towel blot hair. Apply and leave in 30 minutes under a shower cap. I follow with a protein free conditioner and leave on 5 minutes. Result is hair so lovely I could cry.
When I am in a hurry I will just use as a regular conditioner once in a while. When I do this I only rinse 75% out and let the rest just seep into hair throughout the day. Makes hair very manageable.

I have yet to find another product on the market that contains all the ingredients this one does. Some have one or 2. This one has all needed so you truly are getting the best product possible to help work with damaged hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used this for the first time tonight and I am BLOWN AWAY! So much so, I joined makeupalley just to write this review, and I never write reviews!

Let me start off by giving my reason for using this product in the first place. I have naturally thick, black, very long hair. Two weeks ago, I decided to do a red ombre (at home). Well, lets just say that wasn't a good idea. My hair became straw like at the ends! No joke, literally like hay! Although I love the red and the way the color turned out, my hair is clearly damaged.

Fast forward to tonight. After days of research, I decided to try this out. I shampooed my hair as normal then towel dried. I put a generous amount on the fried ends of my hair and put on a shower cap. I left it on for 15 min then rinsed with cold water. NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART...this is a protein treatment, which means you will need, need , NEED to follow up immediately with a deep conditioner or mask. I combined Aussie 3 minute miracle, Neutrogena triple moisture mask AND ion effective care treatment and used as a mask. Mind you, I have always combined these products and used the concoction as a deep conditioner. However, I was seeing NO MAJOR improvement once my hair was dyed and damaged. but HOLY COW, using the Redken extreme strength builder plus beforehand made a major difference!

I am seriously almost in tears, I am so happy! this DID NOT strip any red from my hair and left it so vibrant and smooth. My hair looks smoother right now than it did before I did the ombre. I will continue to use this and update in a few weeks with my progress. if you are dealing with dry, over processed damaged hair, you NEED to try this! You will be so glad you did!

on 7/11/2013 12:48:00 AM

I bought this without reading any reviews and I'm happy to say I bought a good product! I use this once a week to keep my fine, bleached, & colored hair strong, and I've got to say I get quite a few compliments on how healthy my hair looks for what I've put it through.Including from hairdressers. I don't think I would get those compliments if it weren't for this stuff and It smells pretty good too!

on 12/9/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great protein treatment. It adds strength, shine and volume to my hair.