Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

My hair is F/ii and because it is so fine it easily tangles and it has looked very dull UNTIL I used this product! It works wonders on my hair, I used Redken Diamond shatterproof shine oil (the orange one) and my hair has never felt or looked better

My hair is untreated/dyed/no heat
Fine
Brittle
Tangles easily

It's not brittle or tangles anymore :) My hair doesn't look thicker or thinner than before, it's pretty much the same. Only problem is that it takes forever to dry the hair after these products, but my hair looks so shiny and strong now. Complete makeover!
So it works great on fine untreated brittle hair

I just purchased another pot of this. I tried switching to Kerastase because the lady who I bought it from said she preferred the results to this Redken product. I haven't finished the Kerastase product because it just doesn't do it like Redken! I LOVE this product. I recently bleached my hair and it's a mess. It is so incredibly dry and I feel like this is the only product out the 10000 ones I have bought that makes my hair feel good.

Definitely recommend it!

on 1/5/2015 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Decent hair mask. I have very thick, wavy, virgin hair and this product gives me nice slip, moisturizes, makes it shiny and soft. It also tames my frizz which is really great. Smells nice, not too overwhelming. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/25/2014 11:45:00 PM

This product is a miracle, seriously after one use my damaged, fine, incredibly thick and wavy bleached hair was stronger and shinier, and unlike most other protein based treatments, this didn't dry out my hair or need to be followed up with an intensive conditioner BUT I think it should come with a warning. I am not protein sensitive, I have never had any food/product allergies previously but this product and all redken products I have thus far tried have caused me to break out in hives and have a full on allergic reaction! Some research led me to discover that others have had similar reactions to redken products, even anaphylactic responses which are potentially fatal. I am so upset to be honest because nothing has worked so well on my hair, and I've tried matrix, joico ect. I would suggest testing this product first and if you have allergies discontinue immediately, but if you don't it will simultaneously strengthen and hydrate your hair, THE HG product for any bleach-heads out there.

on 9/2/2014 5:36:00 AM

Omg this is a miracle in a bottle.
I bleached my hair 3 times in a week and it was so damaged to the point where I couldn't even brush it. The mid lengths of my hair wouldn't hold any toners and when wet it was a gooey chewing gum mess (not to mention when dry it was literally hard like hay) I've used this once and as soon as I starting washing it out my hair started feeling normal and believe it or not I tried purple shampoo on the ends and it actually held the colour!

I can not express how grateful I am to have found this product , it's legit the best thing I've ever gotten. It is expensive but for what it does it's so worth it. If your hairs dry or like mine a complete mess please please buy!! It saved me a lot of headaches!

on 8/30/2014 7:15:00 PM

Great!! The best treatment for my coarse, chemically damaged hair so far. I am glad I read MUA before I bought this.

I colour my hair at least five times a year, but could not find any good treatment until this!! I have used most of the kerastase line treatments include Chroma riche, ciment force.... Also loreal, loreal professional, joico, muk, Morrocan Oil, aveda... Etc etc, and they were really just a waste of money!

I use this twice a week, but if you are using the treament more regularly, buy a clarifying shampoo. I tried this treatment with a normal shampoo and also with the clarifying shampoo, Both of the result were still great.

Yesterday my friend touched My hair, she said it feels fresh, new and hydrated. Very impressed with Redken, I will try the CAT spray next time.

** If you want some more moisturizer, added leave in conditioner or thermal protect creme after the shower before blow dry.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I had a traumatic experience where my hair broke off.. in handfuls. It was so over processed and dry, and this single handedly brought my hair back to life. This is the only reason I didn't have to cut my hair into a pixie cut and I will continue to buy as long as I'm a blonde.

This stuff is magical. I only use it once every two weeks or so because I have seen improvement in the state of my hair since I first started using it. Although some people find it dries out their hair after rinsing, I never feel the need to use a follow-up moisturizing conditioner. It leaves me hair soft, shiny, and healthy looking. It smells like blueberries but the scent does not linger after rinsing. This is the only masque I've used that I've seen in your face results. I ran out of this and tried the Restorative Masque by Moroccan Oil and it just doesn't measure up, unfortunately. I work in a salon and I always recommend this to ladies and gents with damaged hair from bleaching or frequent highlighting and they always come back for more (but not for a while because this shiz lasts ages).

It's 27$ ish Canadian which isn't too bad. A tub of this stuff should last you 4-5 months because you need so little of it.

This is the most amazing hair product I have ever used. It was initially recommended to me by my regular stylist. I'd done a lot of terrible things to my hair with dye and bleach, and this stuff utterly saved it. I've been using it for a few years now, I can't live without it! It somehow has managed to make my breaking, fried, tangled hair and turn it back to being soft, shiny, and silky again.

I've tried A LOT of products on my hair, and this is the only thing I've bought repeatedly. I find it a little expensive, but it's worth it. The results are incredible.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was a natural for two years and recently decided to go back to relaxing my hair. In order to avoid the reason I did a big chop before i went to a salon. The stylist recommended this product as my deep conditioner and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it!!! I've gone through 2 tubs of it and honestly I've strayed but I'm definitely going back. After washing my hair I apply a generous amount of the deep conditioner and wrap my hair around my head doobie style place a shower cap on my head and use my home hair therapy wrap... which is basically just like sitting under a dryer or wrapping a hot towel around your head. In fifteen minutes I have soft, flowy, moisturized hair. When I rinse I never rinse all of the conditioner out... more like 95%. then i apply my heat protectant and blow dry and my hair is the best it ever felt with this conditioner. I've found that as long as I follow up with a proper hair routine... i.e. leave in and seal and wrapping my hair every night the results lasts until i wash my hair the next week. Also I really like the smell and texture of the product. Another thing to note it that i am pretty heavy handed when it comes to products so my hair is soaked in this stuff and then i add some more.