Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

on 4/15/2017 3:37:00 PM

This is pretty good when used as directed, my first time I didn't read the directions and left it on for 45 minutes and my hair was left dry and brittle, so I learned to pay attention to directions and apply for 15 minutes with heat wrap my hair in plastic and than put a towel to keep heat in and my hair comes out very soft and healthy looking and feels good. But I always use a moisturizing hair mask right after this since I have dry hair. If I don't apply heat and wrap my hair I don't really see any changes, I don't think my hair became stronger with this I still had breakage using it but it did revive it and improve softness so I will be buying more now I've ran out. You don't need to use a lot so don't slather big amounts on a little hoes a long way with this and a jar lasts me months, it looks like you don't get that much out of the jar but you do I pay $30 Canadian for it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I read a ton of great reviews on this before I went through with it.

Heat damage and treatment always has been messing up my hair and 'frying it'. They say this helps with protein building so I wanted to give it a go

After using it several weeks. My hair does seem shinier and in general more manageable. I have noticed healthier looking hair, but it's still breaking off more than with some cheaper treatments I've used. I think my hair is too damaged for this. This is more of a mild treatment.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have extremely damaged hair from years of bleaching and this is the forst thing in forever that has made my hair feel soft. I have only been using it for a while so as to whether it has stopped breakage im not 100% sure. It is expensive as is every other Redken product but its worth it. I would prefer it wasn't in a pot but apart from that A+. I would highly recommend for those who have bleached hair

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Bought this hair treatment after having a couple of inches cut off my hair due to frying it with a flat iron. Goal is to prevent damaging my hair, building strength and hydration.

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus has kept my hair healthy, and it has a pleasant scent, which is a plus, but prefer a bit more hydration. It boils down to personal preference, so I can't rate this with less than three lippies. Good product; however, it isn't for moi.

on 8/28/2013 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love love love this product.

Bit of my background to start - I have thick, dark, chest-length hair that I have chemically straightened twice. Plus used heat to straighten every day for one year, plus used a hair dryer cause I'm horribly impatient. Needless to say, my hair was heat damaged, dry and brittle. And nothing worked. I've tried everything on my hair - 5 different oils, hair masks, hair spas in India. Nothing worked for permanent results.

Then I heard about this product.

I've been using it once a week for the past month and the results are incredible. I follow it up with a strong conditioner. I always add a drop of Argan oil (for extra moisture), heat protectant (cause I can't stand air drying my hair) and some serum (for added shine). My hair is now shiny, bouncy and breakage has reduced considerably. I'm pretty impressed.
The only reason why I would not buy this again is because I always like to change up my hair products. I recommend this if you have damaged hair and nothing will fix it.

PS: Always follow with a deep conditioner. This does not moisturize it only improves strength and your hair will feel straw like without a good conditioner. I also use coconut oil masks weekly to moisturize my hair.

I've always loved redken shampoos and after reading about this particular treatment on their site, I had to try. My hair is damaged from excessive heat styling and is medium-thick. I try to only wash my hair twice, max three times a week and have started using this as my conditioner. Normally, all masks make my hair feel like silk in the shower, but I don't really see a difference after it's dry.. This one, on the other hand, has made a tremendous difference in just 3 weeks. After drying my hair, it LOOKS so much healthier and is so much softer than it's ever been. I can't stop touching my hair. For 22 bucks, really not that bad, and there's quite a lot in the jar so it'll last a while. I've definitely found the mask for me.