Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

My hair is untreated and I never use heat styling. Its not damaged, nor do I have split ends.
So why did I purchase this?
My hair is curly, and protein-sensitive, BUT when used sparingly (like once every to w weeks), this proteinbomb makes my hair even curlier and there is a bounce to the curls.
Its hard to find the balance between protein and moisture, but like I wrote, 2 x monthly for my virgin hair makes all the difference.

on 10/22/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This would probably be the only Redken product that I would still buy. I do like this and find that it does exactly what it is supposed to except that I have to do a deep moisture treatment immediately following otherwise my hair is like straw. For those who don't know what exactly this product is- it's a protein mask meaning it puts protein back into your hair. Depending on the level of need and damage would determine how long you would leave this in for. I have seen on so many other reviews over the years that people seem to think this is a moisturizing mask which it is not and it will make your hair feel dry afterwards if your hair is also in need of moisture which is why I follow up with a deep conditioning treatment. I hope Redken keeps this formula and doesn't try to switch it out with something new.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. It makes my hair really soft. I don't really like how it in a tub because I don't like digging into it or have to be extra careful about getting water in it in the shower. But over all it is a great deep conditioner.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to purchase this after noticing that Redken has really good reviews for hair treatments. It seems lke this has favorable ratings but I wasn't wowed. My hair is damaged by heat styling and highlighting so I use heavy duty treatments to prevent breakage. This seemed like a good option b/c it's big on proein rebuiding. After using it several weeks. My hair does seem shinier and in general more manageable. I have noticed healthier looking hair, but it's still breaking off more than with some cheaper treatments I've used. This is a good product but I think for girls who's hair may be lightly damaged not hair in need of repair. I'm gonna switch back to my Nuetrogena Healthy Hair mask.