Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus

4.6

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

on 10/22/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This would probably be the only Redken product that I would still buy. I do like this and find that it does exactly what it is supposed to except that I have to do a deep moisture treatment immediately following otherwise my hair is like straw. For those who don't know what exactly this product is- it's a protein mask meaning it puts protein back into your hair. Depending on the level of need and damage would determine how long you would leave this in for. I have seen on so many other reviews over the years that people seem to think this is a moisturizing mask which it is not and it will make your hair feel dry afterwards if your hair is also in need of moisture which is why I follow up with a deep conditioning treatment. I hope Redken keeps this formula and doesn't try to switch it out with something new.

on 9/25/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Once I read the ingredients, II feared this mask might leave my hair dry because it has isopropyl alcohol. However, a friend of mine pointed out that this was added probably as a binder for other ingredients and might not have this effect. This mask also has a lot of protein so if you're protein sensitive, this is definitely not a good choice for you. This said, however, this mask left my hair unbelievably soft, hydrated, silky and shiny, much to my surprise and delight. I left in on for several hours and used heat for about 20 minutes. The directions say to leave it on for a short period of time (just a few minutes in fact) but I figured longer was better. My hair does love protein so I usually do a protein treatment once a month and supplement with a protein leave in (Salerm 21) on occasion. I also use a protein rich shampoo and conditioner, either Pureology Strength Cure or Perfect 4 Platinum once every two weeks or so. It seems that no amount of protein is too much for my hair and it never makes my hair dry or brittle like it can for many others. When I do an intensive protein treatment, I also use Olaplex 1 and 2 then follow these treatments with a hydrating protein free mask. However, this Extreme mask combines a protein treatment with much needed hydration so I can whittle down the steps that follow the Olaplex steps to just one product, this Extreme mask. It smells really nice, although the scent doesn't linger. It also doesn't weigh my hair down, but I do rinse for 4-5 minutes, just to make sure the product is completely out of my hair. I usually let my hair air dry overnight and that's what I did after using this mask. The next morning, my hair was very moisturized and healthy looking and it did have a nice amount of shine. The effects of this mask lasted for about a week and then I did Olaplex step 2, like I do weekly, followed by the Extreme mask. I really like everything about this mask. It doesn't take much to totally saturate my hair and I think that leaving it on for as long as possible is beneficial, although I haven't tried using it for just a few minutes, you never know, it could be just as great. I found that the isopropyl alcohol had no effect on my results whatsoever so obviously this ingredient is beneficial chemically. I truly think this is one of the best mask I've tried in quite some time. I will say again that my hair loves protein. I always get smoother, shinier hair when I use a protein treatment. I do have color treated,highlighted hair and heat style several times a week so dryness is always an issue as is damage. The strengthening effects of protein and Olaplex are insurance against breakage, as is a great thermal protectant. I will be using this mask when I do steps 1 and 2 of Olaplex because it saves me a third step by combining protein with great hydration. This mask is also fairly priced at $17.50 and it will last a good long while because it doesn't take much to do the job. I love it when I find a product that saves me time and when it delivers great results. I have both in this Extreme mask. I'm not a big Redken fan and truthfully ordered this mask to get free shipping from Ulta. However, I'm not returning this product like i planned to. I'm so glad I decided to try it rather than returning it unused. It's really a fantastic mask and great for occasional protein treatments. In combining protein with hydration, this mask delivers it all: soft, moisturized, silky, shiny hair. That's really all I'm asking for and with this product, I definitely got all I really wanted.

My hair is F/ii and because it is so fine it easily tangles and it has looked very dull UNTIL I used this product! It works wonders on my hair, I used Redken Diamond shatterproof shine oil (the orange one) and my hair has never felt or looked better

My hair is untreated/dyed/no heat
Fine
Brittle
Tangles easily

It's not brittle or tangles anymore :) My hair doesn't look thicker or thinner than before, it's pretty much the same. Only problem is that it takes forever to dry the hair after these products, but my hair looks so shiny and strong now. Complete makeover!
So it works great on fine untreated brittle hair

O-M-G! This is my holy grail in my hair routine! You will seriously notice a difference after first use. But, don't over use it. I use this once/twice a week and after only three times I noticed that my hair breaks a lot less and now I have barely any breakage. My hair used to be sooooo CRAZY RUINED, but now, after three months I love my hair again - thanks to Redken Extreme!

I had to cut off a little length due to it being complete chewing gum, but this series saved my hair and I will recommend this to anyone that has ruined their hair from bleaching.

Seriously, buy this is if you're looking for something to save your hair. You won't regret it! And even though my hair is great, I am still in the prosess to go from medium blonde to platinum, so I will continue to use this for a long time! (I went from Black and am now a medium blonde after only three months. Not weird my hair couldn't take it..)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I read a ton of great reviews on this before I went through with it.

Heat damage and treatment always has been messing up my hair and 'frying it'. They say this helps with protein building so I wanted to give it a go

After using it several weeks. My hair does seem shinier and in general more manageable. I have noticed healthier looking hair, but it's still breaking off more than with some cheaper treatments I've used. I think my hair is too damaged for this. This is more of a mild treatment.

on 5/10/2016 9:39:00 AM

I purchased this product because of all the wonderful reviews here on makeupalley, and I am happy I did. My hair needed conditioning and treatment after bleaching, and this product provided all of that. I use it once (sometimes twice) a week, and follow with a moisturising mask (joico k-pak), because redken mask is a protein mask, it does not provide a lot of hydration. And oh, even after one use hair is amazing, definitely would recommend for someone, who needs to restore their hairs health, after bleaching or using a lot of heat. On my second bottle now, and will keep buying

on 2/18/2016 5:41:00 AM

It makes your hair really soft. It's also very good at repairing damaged hair. But it you don't have damaged hair you should be careful with applying to much, because it can make your hair look sort of dull and greasy if you apply to much.

on 12/3/2015 10:06:00 PM

All I can say is WOW. I have been a stylist for 4 years and have never really played around with Resken products until recently. My coworker and I lightened my jet black hair that had previously had been colored red for many moons to a level 7 in one go. We lightened my hair twice with 40 volume with olaplex (which saved my hair) and needless to say my hair wasn't too happy. I have been growing out my natural hair color doimg regular olaplex, k pak, and coconut oil treatments which helped immensely but felt something was missing. Then I come across this mask. All I can say is wow. I cowashed, did an apple cider vinegar rinse, then applied this, and followed with gold well dualsenses green for extra hydration. I followed with my Mizani supreme oil, and Redken anti snap. My hair feels like absolute silk! I will be promptly giving my k pak to my sister!!

My hair has been long all of my life, except for a few years in the recent past while I dated a corporate attorney dipshit who subjected me to his hair salon fetish. Weekly visits to whatever ubersalon had captured his fancy made my hair shorter and shorter, and more and more damaged. When I extricated myself, I was hard-pressed to repair both my mane and my means simultaneously. I needed to get with the best products at the best price, and I wasn't going to waste money or time.

This stuff did the trick! The three jars I purchased from Ulta lasted me the better part of a year. By then, my trashed, overtrimmed tresses had grown to bra-strap length, and I was feeling like myself again.

Fast forward to the present: I still use this stuff daily, as the main leg of my hair routine triumvirate (along with the accompanying shampoo and leave-in treatment product).
My hair is almost to the top of my jeans, and my salon visits are limited to annual balayage at Phoebe Therese.

To summarize: I found this product to be extremely effective in facilitating my hair-length goals in a timely and cost-effective manner. I continue to use it daily, and I recommend it unequivocally. Like duh, it totally rocks!

I just purchased another pot of this. I tried switching to Kerastase because the lady who I bought it from said she preferred the results to this Redken product. I haven't finished the Kerastase product because it just doesn't do it like Redken! I LOVE this product. I recently bleached my hair and it's a mess. It is so incredibly dry and I feel like this is the only product out the 10000 ones I have bought that makes my hair feel good.

Definitely recommend it!