Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

on 9/25/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Once I read the ingredients, II feared this mask might leave my hair dry because it has isopropyl alcohol. However, a friend of mine pointed out that this was added probably as a binder for other ingredients and might not have this effect. This mask also has a lot of protein so if you're protein sensitive, this is definitely not a good choice for you. This said, however, this mask left my hair unbelievably soft, hydrated, silky and shiny, much to my surprise and delight. I left in on for several hours and used heat for about 20 minutes. The directions say to leave it on for a short period of time (just a few minutes in fact) but I figured longer was better. My hair does love protein so I usually do a protein treatment once a month and supplement with a protein leave in (Salerm 21) on occasion. I also use a protein rich shampoo and conditioner, either Pureology Strength Cure or Perfect 4 Platinum once every two weeks or so. It seems that no amount of protein is too much for my hair and it never makes my hair dry or brittle like it can for many others. When I do an intensive protein treatment, I also use Olaplex 1 and 2 then follow these treatments with a hydrating protein free mask. However, this Extreme mask combines a protein treatment with much needed hydration so I can whittle down the steps that follow the Olaplex steps to just one product, this Extreme mask. It smells really nice, although the scent doesn't linger. It also doesn't weigh my hair down, but I do rinse for 4-5 minutes, just to make sure the product is completely out of my hair. I usually let my hair air dry overnight and that's what I did after using this mask. The next morning, my hair was very moisturized and healthy looking and it did have a nice amount of shine. The effects of this mask lasted for about a week and then I did Olaplex step 2, like I do weekly, followed by the Extreme mask. I really like everything about this mask. It doesn't take much to totally saturate my hair and I think that leaving it on for as long as possible is beneficial, although I haven't tried using it for just a few minutes, you never know, it could be just as great. I found that the isopropyl alcohol had no effect on my results whatsoever so obviously this ingredient is beneficial chemically. I truly think this is one of the best mask I've tried in quite some time. I will say again that my hair loves protein. I always get smoother, shinier hair when I use a protein treatment. I do have color treated,highlighted hair and heat style several times a week so dryness is always an issue as is damage. The strengthening effects of protein and Olaplex are insurance against breakage, as is a great thermal protectant. I will be using this mask when I do steps 1 and 2 of Olaplex because it saves me a third step by combining protein with great hydration. This mask is also fairly priced at $17.50 and it will last a good long while because it doesn't take much to do the job. I love it when I find a product that saves me time and when it delivers great results. I have both in this Extreme mask. I'm not a big Redken fan and truthfully ordered this mask to get free shipping from Ulta. However, I'm not returning this product like i planned to. I'm so glad I decided to try it rather than returning it unused. It's really a fantastic mask and great for occasional protein treatments. In combining protein with hydration, this mask delivers it all: soft, moisturized, silky, shiny hair. That's really all I'm asking for and with this product, I definitely got all I really wanted.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Bought this hair treatment after having a couple of inches cut off my hair due to frying it with a flat iron. Goal is to prevent damaging my hair, building strength and hydration.

Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus has kept my hair healthy, and it has a pleasant scent, which is a plus, but prefer a bit more hydration. It boils down to personal preference, so I can't rate this with less than three lippies. Good product; however, it isn't for moi.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never written a review on anything but I was compelled to review this product, it blew me away. I had fried, bleached blonde, straw like hair with tonnes of breakage and in desperation I turned to this product, which I now believe is the holy grail for bleached blonde hair. I have fine, straight hair and bleach it platinum so I can't speak for any other hair type but after using it, I am literally stopped in my tracks when I pass by a mirror, it is shining like glass. My hair looks like virgin hair and the lovely platinum colour looks revived as well. It has really improved the overall integrity of the hair and it's very hard to see any breakage after only the first time I used it. I think it is advised to use it twice a week until the damage is completely repaired then once a week, then probably once a month to maintain it. Best conditioning treatment I've ever used, it's as good as any professional treatment.

*I used it on towel dried hair and covered with plastic wrap for 15 minutes and rinsed it repeatedly. I should also add, like other posters below found, this product builds strength not softness which I did notice so I added a little of my regular argan oil for moisture before blow drying. Other posters have recommended a clarifying shampoo before use to help it penetrate which I will also be trying next time. Enjoy.

This is a great product! I have bleached fine and thin hair. Whenever I run a comb through it, I get shedding and my ends are prone to snapping. I use this mask about once a week and it has really helped with the shedding and my ends are much stronger. It also makes your hair look healthy. The best way to use this, is in the shower after you've shampooed, is to get a towel and get the most water out of your hair as possible. I put it up in a turban for a minute or so- a turbie twist would work great. Then I get about a handful and really saturate my hair with it, I comb it through with a wide toothed comb, and then put on a shower cap, to heat it up for the rest of the shower, I will shave and wash then rinse at the end. I think the trick is to get as much water out of your hair, so it can really penetrate.