Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis Oil/Palm Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium-33, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Ci 42090/Blue 1, Ci 17200/Red 33.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this - i have extremely damaged hair from years of bleaching and this is the forst thing in forever that has made my hair feel soft. I have only been using it for a while so as to whether it has stopped breakage im not 100% sure. It is expensive as is every other Redken product but its worth it. I would prefer it wasn't in a pot but apart from that A+. I would highly recommend for those who have bleached hair

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was lost for words when I tried this! Seriously nothing else will work better on chemically damaged hair.

My hair was completely bleached out and a mess - I thought I would have to cut allot of my hair off. I was highly recommended this and even after one deep treatment my hair was physically softer and a hell of a lot better!! A miracle in a bottle. Don't bother with anything else. Worth every penny!

on 10/7/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am hardly a hair connoisseur. I have never dyed, bleached, permed, or treated my hair in anyway. But I work outside and have naturally fine (but very thick) hair that's prone to dryness and breakage.

This product used as a mask adds noticable weight and strength to my hair. The only bad part, if it touches my scalp I get big painful welts! Great product but my skin hates it.

on 8/30/2014 7:15:00 PM

Great!! The best treatment for my coarse, chemically damaged hair so far. I am glad I read MUA before I bought this.

I colour my hair at least five times a year, but could not find any good treatment until this!! I have used most of the kerastase line treatments include Chroma riche, ciment force.... Also loreal, loreal professional, joico, muk, Morrocan Oil, aveda... Etc etc, and they were really just a waste of money!

I use this twice a week, but if you are using the treament more regularly, buy a clarifying shampoo. I tried this treatment with a normal shampoo and also with the clarifying shampoo, Both of the result were still great.

Yesterday my friend touched My hair, she said it feels fresh, new and hydrated. Very impressed with Redken, I will try the CAT spray next time.

** If you want some more moisturizer, added leave in conditioner or thermal protect creme after the shower before blow dry.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I had a traumatic experience where my hair broke off.. in handfuls. It was so over processed and dry, and this single handedly brought my hair back to life. This is the only reason I didn't have to cut my hair into a pixie cut and I will continue to buy as long as I'm a blonde.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. It makes my hair really soft. I don't really like how it in a tub because I don't like digging into it or have to be extra careful about getting water in it in the shower. But over all it is a great deep conditioner.

on 11/18/2013 10:56:00 AM

Just used it for the first time and I already know, that I Love it!!!
I put it on for an hour with shower cap(sexy) and when I rinsed it off, My hair. Was like made of silk!I really really really hope, that I found finally my HG product and I can grow my hair!
will come back for an update for sure!
I will be using in alternate with L'Oreal EverRiche shampoo and deep repair mask, when it runs out I purchase the All Soft range-never used.
Also having the matching shampoo and Anti snap leave in.

Hair History:
Original color is a medium dark ashy blonde, fine, but have a lot of it. Constantly bleaching to platinum blonde, it means root touch ups in every 4weeks. Although my hair is in an ok condition, what I'm doing with it, cannot grow below my shoulder, because snapping off.
Oily scalp, need to wash every other day.
Tried millions of products, like Kerastase,Tigi,L'Oreal Professional,Revlon Professional, Schwarzkopf Prof.,No Inhibition-the salon keratin treatment also,MilkShake,Bain de terre,Macadamia,Lee. Stafford,Philip Kingsley,Klorane, Phyto etc.
So basically almost every salon and drugstore brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used this for the first time tonight and I am BLOWN AWAY! So much so, I joined makeupalley just to write this review, and I never write reviews!

Let me start off by giving my reason for using this product in the first place. I have naturally thick, black, very long hair. Two weeks ago, I decided to do a red ombre (at home). Well, lets just say that wasn't a good idea. My hair became straw like at the ends! No joke, literally like hay! Although I love the red and the way the color turned out, my hair is clearly damaged.

Fast forward to tonight. After days of research, I decided to try this out. I shampooed my hair as normal then towel dried. I put a generous amount on the fried ends of my hair and put on a shower cap. I left it on for 15 min then rinsed with cold water. NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART...this is a protein treatment, which means you will need, need , NEED to follow up immediately with a deep conditioner or mask. I combined Aussie 3 minute miracle, Neutrogena triple moisture mask AND ion effective care treatment and used as a mask. Mind you, I have always combined these products and used the concoction as a deep conditioner. However, I was seeing NO MAJOR improvement once my hair was dyed and damaged. but HOLY COW, using the Redken extreme strength builder plus beforehand made a major difference!

I am seriously almost in tears, I am so happy! this DID NOT strip any red from my hair and left it so vibrant and smooth. My hair looks smoother right now than it did before I did the ombre. I will continue to use this and update in a few weeks with my progress. if you are dealing with dry, over processed damaged hair, you NEED to try this! You will be so glad you did!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to purchase this after noticing that Redken has really good reviews for hair treatments. It seems lke this has favorable ratings but I wasn't wowed. My hair is damaged by heat styling and highlighting so I use heavy duty treatments to prevent breakage. This seemed like a good option b/c it's big on proein rebuiding. After using it several weeks. My hair does seem shinier and in general more manageable. I have noticed healthier looking hair, but it's still breaking off more than with some cheaper treatments I've used. This is a good product but I think for girls who's hair may be lightly damaged not hair in need of repair. I'm gonna switch back to my Nuetrogena Healthy Hair mask.

on 12/9/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A great protein treatment. It adds strength, shine and volume to my hair.