Avon ExtraLasting Lip Gloss

Avon ExtraLasting Lip Gloss
ExtraLasting Lip GlossExtraLasting Lip Gloss

3.1

on 8/4/2017 11:55:00 AM

I really like the staying power of this lip gloss, however, I have a real issue with the color it's supposed to be and the color it really is! For example, in the catalog, the Petal is supposed to have what looks like a brown tone, but when I put it on, it is actually garishly pink!! I thought maybe I had gotten a bad tube, so I ordered another - just the same! I know that's not how it's supposed to look because I saw the review from someone on this page that really liked it & described the color as it's supposed to look, as it looks in the catalog. I do, however, like the Rose because it's a light color and gives just a little shine and tint.
I will not buy the Petal again, but, i have bought several of the Rose to have on hand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this lip gloss in two colors - Everlasting Petal and Always Apple. I've tried every "long wearing" lipstick and lipstick on the planet and didn't have high hopes about this one being any better. I was pleasantly surprised though. The colors are very pretty and the gloss does last on my lips longer than 10 minutes, even the red (Always Apple) color. Yes, they do wear off after eating or drinking (although drinking plain water didn't seem to be as much of a problem) but I don't mind having to reapply after a meal. It's the every 20 minutes reapplications that drive me bonkers. I also happened to catch these on sale for $4.99 each on the Avon website, so I'm a happy camper. Bottom line, if you are looking for something that will last all day, this ain't it, but if you are looking for something to last a few hours (till you eat) then these are good.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- stays put for longer than average runny lip glosses
- sheer except for Always Apple and Lingering Plum

Cons:
- tacky
- multi-colored shimmers galore
- burning sensation

Endless Watermelon is peach (not red-ish at all). Burning sensation and shimmers are plenty of reasons for not repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought 2 of these. One is the apple red or something like that. At first, I really liked it. Loved the pretty color and it stayed for a while. BUT ... this gloss bleeds like crazy even with lip liner on. After 2 hours, it was awful on my lips. Its very pretty but I dont want to keep checking and wipin it off my chin all day. It could have been a great product.

on 5/28/2014 8:05:00 PM

Avon is a brand I usually can't go wrong with. I undertook two big Avon hauls recently, all without the benefit of an Avon rep. Shopping the Avon website direct, without the benefit of a sales lady, is risky. Avon website swatches are inaccurate even on a color-calibrated display, whereas their printed catalogs are significantly more accurate. Avon doesn't include their campaign catalogs with direct-delivery orders, but they really should. It could cut down on the number of direct-delivery returns one of which will soon be mine!

This year, confident in my prior experience with particular products and having perused Avon swatches on beauty blogs, I placed larger-than-average orders. And yet to my dismay, I struck out more than ever. Cameras can't capture some of the more vivid or complex colors accurately. And even if they could, every color looks different on every person thanks to differences in skin tone.

Take, for example, Avon Extra Lasting Lip Gloss. I first tried out the product on Ebay in the shade "Continuous Copper". Loving the bronzy, golden-brown shade which, impressively, stayed put most of the day, unlike a typical lip gloss I felt confident to order three more during a recent sale. Turns out, I dislike every last one of them: "Constant Coral" is too sheer and dull to pass for coral and this coming from someone who has never met a coral lip gloss she doesn't like! "Forever Rose" is a overly transparent shade, most notable for the presence of chunky silver and pink glitter in a lilac-mauve base. "Lingering Plum", finally, is an overly-opaque wine shade with a plum undertone.

All of the Extra Lasting Lip Glosses I purchased live up to their claim of staying longer than the average lip gloss even lipstick. They are very, very tacky, which is how they achieve their staying power. Come to think of it, Avon's best use of this formula would be as a clear shade marketed as a lipstick fixative or sealant because that is how it feels and behaves. In addition, because the formula is a thick, gelatin-like texture, getting the product onto the doe-foot applicator isn't easy, and because it isn't thin enough to run or shake up I can foresee the product "running out" becoming inaccessible while there is still plenty of gloss left in the tube.

Continous Copper may have been a slightly older take on this formula because it came in a black-tipped tube whereas other colors, which I ordered direct from Avon, sport a red-tipped tube. I don't know if the red-tip versions are different formulas but my guess is that they may be just that. Continuous Copper is not quite as thick and a tad bit less tacky. Continuous Copper has a stronger chemical odor but does not impart any odd sensations. The red-tipped Extra Lasting colors I received in my recent order, by contrast, burn slightly most notably when I attempt to wipe the product off. What's worse, whereas I had no problem with Continuous Copper staying put, my use of Constant Coral broke down into flakes of pigment balled up around the fine, gritty glitter. It became the nastiest breakdown I've witnessed from a lip product, actually.

So what to make of Avon Extra Lasting Lip Gloss? Epic fail. I do, however, like Avon's Extra Lasting Lipsticks. They last a long, long time but aren't available in very many colors as of this date.

I didn't excactly like this product. I applied it and it became sticky, and it was really gross. I bought the one with like Watermelon or whatever. It didn't last at all, and if you accidently swollow it you better spit it out right away because I accidently swollowed it and it hurt my stomach, I didn't feel good at all. Didn't like this product, won't buy it again. VERY dissapointed.

on 5/24/2013 8:17:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed these before! I love these glosses very much. I have them in every color they make. They are very, very long lasting, never drying, and just plain wonderful. The pinks shades aren't as pigmented as I would like, but I still use them. I also use these all the time over lipsticks that I like, but that don't stay on long enough. I will use the lipstick and then put one of the lighter, or the clear, shade over them to make them last a long time, and also over lipsticks that can feel dry or get cakey.

The plum, red and wine shades are more intense, and very pretty, too.

Just got this in Everlasting Petal. LOVE this stuff. My new HG lip color. Has a nice dewy, slightly translucent appearance, a kind of sexy flushed look on the lips. Will keep this around at all times!

on 9/11/2012 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Copper and the Plum. The copper is a beachy bronze good for summer and the Plum is the most gorgeous dark cool toned red. I would like to try the Petal and watermelon as they both appear peachy pinks. Both last for ages and really live up to the longwear claim. Of course being long-wear don't expect super shine and dont make a habit of rubbing your lips together as this will dull the shine and destroy the effect. Does what it says for a reasonably affordable price.

on 3/30/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have this in Infinite Berry. It gives a very pretty, slightly translucent color, almost like a stain. The color itself is perfect for me. It is a bit sticky, but that's what makes it last. You won't be kissing anybody with this one on. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't dry my lips out. Every other long wearing lipstick or gloss I've tried leaves me with dry, peeling crocodile lips by the end of the day, but not this one. I'll be trying more colors for sure!