Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed
eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to buy Amethyst Ablaze for a long time, but I was disappointed. The colours look like when swatched (heavily), but when I applied the right triangle (cool-toned purple) to my lid and tried to blend it, it came out really patchy and difficult to work with. The highlight shade is nothing (doesn't show up/disappears), and while the glitter is pretty, it's loose glitter- it will get all over your face. I've had better luck using the deepest purple, just on my lower lash lines. I will try the pinky-purple shade, but I'm not expecting much.

on 7/22/2012 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Really pretty shimmery purple colors, very high quality. However you get insane fallout so when using these eyeshadows make sure to do your foundation/concealer last or it will probably come off while you're scrubbing madly at your face to get rid of the fallout.

on 11/25/2011 1:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Once again, the top shade is not simply an eyeshadow, it is a sheer glitter that you can apply on top of the shadow if you prefer a glittery look, otherwise, avoid it, it does not apply well as an eyeshadow.

I love this palette, it is pigmented, and comes with a nice range of tones, it comes with:

a very soft pinky toned lilac
a warm light purple
a darker cool toned purple/lavender
deep purple
silver toned glitter top coat

These are very purple, they are not plum, but rather purple, which I like

This is the first palette of purples that has ever complimented my medium-tan complexion with heavy yellow undertones. The colors are vibrant, pigmented, and can be applied beautifully in different ways to create looks ranging from subtle to dramatic The luminating topcoat is extremely shimmery, so I use it very sparingly to highlight my brow arch. An allover coat would be overkill, IMO. Overall, I would highly recommend this palette to those that are passionate about purple. I'm so excited about how drugstore makeup has really increased in quality these days. I guess someone has to compete with MAC and Urban Decay. :D

on 8/15/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

amethyst ablazed is a nice purple palette.there is: a shimmery white, a dark plum,a mauve,a blue/purple,a light lilac.they all are shimmery,soft,smooth like velvet,last long! You can do a nice purple look with this one! I use sometimes the shimmery white on the lids to create a glittery look! Fantastic effect!Goes well with:plum,pink,pink/nude,nude,gold,burgundy lipsticks! Love it!