Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed
eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

on 11/22/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this palette with no high expectations. I usually don't use drugstore eyeshadows as I've tried some from Covergirl and Revlon and wasn't too impressed, so I didn't have much high hopes for this brand. However, I was blown away with this palette! The texture is smooth and silky and isn't chalky or crumbly. The colors are pigmented, vibrant and SO long lasting! I used this with my UDPP prior to application and it lasted all day long. I received TONS of compliments on my eye make-up and everyone was blown away when I told them this was from Maybelline! They all thought it was MAC or Urban Decay. I am so very impressed and pleased with this palette. It is gorgeous and you cannot beat the price. I'll be trying the other shades for sure!

For reference, I am a MAC NC42 / black hair/ Light brown eyes

This is the first palette of purples that has ever complimented my medium-tan complexion with heavy yellow undertones. The colors are vibrant, pigmented, and can be applied beautifully in different ways to create looks ranging from subtle to dramatic The luminating topcoat is extremely shimmery, so I use it very sparingly to highlight my brow arch. An allover coat would be overkill, IMO. Overall, I would highly recommend this palette to those that are passionate about purple. I'm so excited about how drugstore makeup has really increased in quality these days. I guess someone has to compete with MAC and Urban Decay. :D

on 8/19/2011 7:17:00 PM

I bought this after LOVING Forest Fury, the green palette. This beautiful mix of purples is nothing like the horrible Maybelline eyeshadows of years past, which were chalky and poorly pigmented -- the worst ones on the market along with CG. These are a whole different story. I don't know how Maybelline did a complete 180, but the eyeshadows in this palette are soft, silky, pigmented, with vibrant color, and they last all day with my usual primer (UDPP or Too Faced). Completely gorgeous (although I have no use for the super glittery "top coat" shade at the very top of this five-color palette). I would seriously rank these up there with MAC and UD shadows. Yes, and I even own the Naked Palette, so I know that of which I speak. If you love purples, you will not regret this palette! And pick up Forest Fury if you love greens!