Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed
eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to buy Amethyst Ablaze for a long time, but I was disappointed. The colours look like when swatched (heavily), but when I applied the right triangle (cool-toned purple) to my lid and tried to blend it, it came out really patchy and difficult to work with. The highlight shade is nothing (doesn't show up/disappears), and while the glitter is pretty, it's loose glitter- it will get all over your face. I've had better luck using the deepest purple, just on my lower lash lines. I will try the pinky-purple shade, but I'm not expecting much.

on 11/25/2011 1:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Once again, the top shade is not simply an eyeshadow, it is a sheer glitter that you can apply on top of the shadow if you prefer a glittery look, otherwise, avoid it, it does not apply well as an eyeshadow.

I love this palette, it is pigmented, and comes with a nice range of tones, it comes with:

a very soft pinky toned lilac
a warm light purple
a darker cool toned purple/lavender
deep purple
silver toned glitter top coat

These are very purple, they are not plum, but rather purple, which I like

if you absolutey love this pallet but gave up on it because it wont work with your normal primer or fades too easily, go purchase TOO FACED GLITTER GLUE PRIMER. it not only makes the colors POP but it makes it last ALLL night, till you wash it off. i wore it to a 10hr music festival & even after all the dancing & sweating the colors still stayed on & at the end of the night, they were still true to the colors on the pallet.