Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

Maybelline eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed
eye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazedeye studio color explosion in amethyst ablazed

on 8/15/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

amethyst ablazed is a nice purple palette.there is: a shimmery white, a dark plum,a mauve,a blue/purple,a light lilac.they all are shimmery,soft,smooth like velvet,last long! You can do a nice purple look with this one! I use sometimes the shimmery white on the lids to create a glittery look! Fantastic effect!Goes well with:plum,pink,pink/nude,nude,gold,burgundy lipsticks! Love it!

on 8/19/2011 7:17:00 PM

I bought this after LOVING Forest Fury, the green palette. This beautiful mix of purples is nothing like the horrible Maybelline eyeshadows of years past, which were chalky and poorly pigmented -- the worst ones on the market along with CG. These are a whole different story. I don't know how Maybelline did a complete 180, but the eyeshadows in this palette are soft, silky, pigmented, with vibrant color, and they last all day with my usual primer (UDPP or Too Faced). Completely gorgeous (although I have no use for the super glittery "top coat" shade at the very top of this five-color palette). I would seriously rank these up there with MAC and UD shadows. Yes, and I even own the Naked Palette, so I know that of which I speak. If you love purples, you will not regret this palette! And pick up Forest Fury if you love greens!

This is the first palette of purples that has ever complimented my medium-tan complexion with heavy yellow undertones. The colors are vibrant, pigmented, and can be applied beautifully in different ways to create looks ranging from subtle to dramatic The luminating topcoat is extremely shimmery, so I use it very sparingly to highlight my brow arch. An allover coat would be overkill, IMO. Overall, I would highly recommend this palette to those that are passionate about purple. I'm so excited about how drugstore makeup has really increased in quality these days. I guess someone has to compete with MAC and Urban Decay. :D

on 10/2/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Applied these shadows dry over a paint pot primer, but the highlight shade and sparkle shade completely faded in about 3 hours. The other colors looked faded and muddy in about 5 hours.

EDIT: Tried applying a little spritz of water in my palm and dipping the brush in it, then into the shadow. It makes all the difference in the world. These are stunning and true to pan when applied wet.

if you absolutey love this pallet but gave up on it because it wont work with your normal primer or fades too easily, go purchase TOO FACED GLITTER GLUE PRIMER. it not only makes the colors POP but it makes it last ALLL night, till you wash it off. i wore it to a 10hr music festival & even after all the dancing & sweating the colors still stayed on & at the end of the night, they were still true to the colors on the pallet.

on 11/22/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this palette with no high expectations. I usually don't use drugstore eyeshadows as I've tried some from Covergirl and Revlon and wasn't too impressed, so I didn't have much high hopes for this brand. However, I was blown away with this palette! The texture is smooth and silky and isn't chalky or crumbly. The colors are pigmented, vibrant and SO long lasting! I used this with my UDPP prior to application and it lasted all day long. I received TONS of compliments on my eye make-up and everyone was blown away when I told them this was from Maybelline! They all thought it was MAC or Urban Decay. I am so very impressed and pleased with this palette. It is gorgeous and you cannot beat the price. I'll be trying the other shades for sure!

For reference, I am a MAC NC42 / black hair/ Light brown eyes

on 11/25/2011 1:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Once again, the top shade is not simply an eyeshadow, it is a sheer glitter that you can apply on top of the shadow if you prefer a glittery look, otherwise, avoid it, it does not apply well as an eyeshadow.

I love this palette, it is pigmented, and comes with a nice range of tones, it comes with:

a very soft pinky toned lilac
a warm light purple
a darker cool toned purple/lavender
deep purple
silver toned glitter top coat

These are very purple, they are not plum, but rather purple, which I like

Purple is my favorite color and this is my HG for purple shadows. The colors are very vibrant and make my brown eyes pop. Very rarely will I hit pan on an eyeshadow. I use this so much I hit pan a couple months after I bought it. Now I have one in my train case and another one in my purse. The colors are so versatile. I can have a day look that goes to a night look very quickly. As long as I use a primer I don't have fallout and it lasts until I take it off at night. I hope this is never discontinued. I have and will buy it again. I've recommended it to many people. My sister tried many times to steal it before she bought her own. It looks great with her green eyes just as it makes my brown eyes pop. Run, don't walk, and get this.

on 7/22/2012 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Really pretty shimmery purple colors, very high quality. However you get insane fallout so when using these eyeshadows make sure to do your foundation/concealer last or it will probably come off while you're scrubbing madly at your face to get rid of the fallout.

on 9/16/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

OMG! when i saw the ads for this i knew i just HAD to have it! but it was kinda expensive (cvs 11.00) and just wasnt ready to get it. but as life would have it, my other Maybelline purple shadow (i dont know the name, but it had 3 pretty purples in it) fell and broke :( so i decided this was the time to get this quad! it is wonderful! the colors are bright and bold. beautiful! really looks good with green eyes! the silver is cool as an all over glitter or you can use it to high light your inner corner. all the colors blend so well... i have used this with the green quad and had a lot of good ,makeup days with it! cant wait to try the browns! i would rec everyone to try this!