no images

price range

Reviews

from

5 years ago

One of my worst buys ever! I hate this eyeshadow, but I hate even more the fact that I spent my hard earned money on it! Fortunately I bought it on a sale online so I didn't pay full price. But it wasn't worth the money and I'm extremely disappointed. I thought that it was gonna be good because I usually like Too Faced's products. But this is the worst eyeshadow I've ever bought. It looks beautiful in the pan but the color hardly shows up on my lids no matter what I do. I hate the packaging, it looks cheap and childish but I could have lived with that if the shadow had been any good, but it wasn't. My conclusion. DON'T BUY IT. You will only be wasting your money.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

8 years ago

I think this is my first negative review. Unfortunately, this eyeshadow was such a big disappointment!! In the pan, it's the most beautiful dual chrome blue/ purple color with these beautiful bluish sparkles. Very unique and eye catching. When I swatched it before I bought it is was decent and I figured it will look beautiful on my eyes. Unfortunately, the color payoff and pigmentation was horrible!! Such a disappointment. It barely showed up on my eyes even with eye primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance which I love). Oh well, that went straight back to Sephora. Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

8 years ago

This eyeshadow was horrible. I payed full price for it because I trusted Too Faced's description of it being intensely pigmented. I wanted a gorgeous navy blue and could have chose one from a better brand. Seriously it belongs in a dollar bin somewhere and even then you'll be upset you wasted a dollar on it. It applies as sparkles, no pigment at all. You can't even distinguish a color on your skin. It's on it's way back. Also the compact looks cuter online, in person it looks like a Barbie toy compact and the label looks like it will wear off easily. And yes I did try it with primer and wet. This eyeshadow was just bad.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlond

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I love the black rose compact. I got this to wear as liner daily and love it. It's a jewel toned midnight blue full of micro glitter. I use it wet and think its fabulously pigmented that way. It compliments my eye color really well and looks much better and softer then matte liner does on me. I had to sort of scrape the top layer of powder off for it to become pigmented. I've had to do that with more expensive shadow before too though. I would suggest trying that before you decide to return it because of pigment problems. It really is gorgeous and exotic like its name says. The finish is unique.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlond

EyesGreen

9 years ago

i was swatching these new shadows in ulta and FELL IN LOVE with this one on the back of my hand. it is a deep midnight blue with a bright purple shift. i had to have it. but when i got home and used it i had to pile the stuff on to make it show up and i was very sad :( i decided to give it another try and still couldn't get it to work. it didn't even look attractive, it was so bland and boring on my eyes. it made me look sad (and i was). the packaging however is cute but i was VERY disappointed in this shadow so i swapped it for "magic mushroom" instead which was much better. there are only a few shades in this collection in which i've heard good things about (midnight mist NOT being one of them)

About reviewer (46 reviews)

Age19-24