4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is great gel! No harsh chemicals either! Whahoo!! I use at night on damp hair. Really squeeze and scrunch dime size to nickle on each side...feels amazing when doing this! In the morning I just scrunch up some and casting releases....or it's already out some. Soft hair.... great smell!!! And when I wash the next night its silky!! I also like the fact that I can use this on damp hair.....not soaking wet like other products say.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

Thanks for the review. I got this product from https://www.comedz.com/ at a good discount. My favorite gel for my naturally curly hair. It has just enough held without being "flaky". I love that it is not overly scented, or overly sticky.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

HOLY GRAIL! I have 3a curls which get frizzy. Amazing gel...use about a quarter size for initial application...make sure you spread it on your hands first and then evenly through your just washed hair....scrunch and i get perfectly formed frizz free curls! I usually use the dippity do mega gel but found it to be heavy and not as easy to apply to hair...this is absolutely perfect! I wish i had discovered it sooner as it would have saved me alot of frustration and frizz! For 2nd and 3rd day curls...just rewet hair with spray bottle water add some moisture leave in cream like the garnier butter cream and a bit more gel...sprunch with diffuser and voila! full head of curls! Highly recommend!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

4 years ago

So far still trying to figure out how to work with this gel. Seems to be somewhat easy to figure out on really wet hair or when you're doing up-dos. The application and drying on loose curls is a bit tricky. But it smells like tea. And I love tea.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

2.0

5 years ago

Edit: the first time I used this product, these were my results. However, after using it a few more times, I realized it flakes like crazy and wasn't giving me the same results as that first time. :( Too bad since it was so cheap, but I went back to my Biolage. I picked this up a few days ago after reading some good reviews on this web site & NaturallyCurly.com and was super excited because it was SO cheap. My favourite gels to use up until now have been Biolage Gelee & DevaCurl, both pretty expensive products. I've been trying to spend less on the products I use lately so when I ran out of gel I had to do some research! This stuff is awesome!!! It actually dries quicker than other gels I've tried and it's super easy to spread onto your hair. My hair is very curly, probably 3b/3a mix and thick. It needs a lot of hold! I used this over my leave-in & Curl Amplifier, let it set for around 30 minutes, dried it with a diffuser & SOTC. I can't believe how great my hair looks with a product I paid for with a $5 bill!!!!! I had to shout it from the rooftops, lol. The ONLY thing I was bummed about was that Garnier tests their products on animals, which is something I really try to avoid in all of my products. I've already sent the company an email in regards to this, as I'm sure tons of people have done in the past, so hopefully they get with the times soon and go cruelty-free. If you're reading this, give them some hell about it too! But other than that, if you've got curly hair & are on the hunt for a new gel, try this stuff!!! It really does work just as good - if not better - as DevaCurl at a fraction of the price.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

This gel is really good for the price. It's silicone free, and washes out easily with just cowashing, which is a huge pro in my opinion because I've found that not all gels- even silicone free ones - do that. It made my curls soft and defined and pretty much frizz-free, but the only downfall is that I have to use A LOT to get it to work for me. I went through the entire bottle in about a week! That's the only reason I won't buy it again, because in the long run it would really cost me. But overall it's very good and does what it claims. It smells really fresh and clean, as well.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

Got this a while ago with no intention of using it to scrunch my hair with, because then my hair was straight! In the recent months, my hair has become somewhat wavy, probably due to my new haircut with layers. I'm decided to embrace the waves, and my new routine consists of using a curling cream then scrunching my damp hair with this gel for curly waves, some pieces even full on curly. It holds quite well, and smells nice, like lemons. The only reason why it got 4 out of 5 lips was because it tends to get a bit crunchy if you put in too much. The crunch is easily fixed though, just pull the curls/waves apart. No flaking or messiness! For those interested, I use this after the shower, and every morning when I don't shower, I spritz water into my hair, take a bit of this gel, and scrunch as usual. If you blow dry, use a diffuser. Overall, great for wavy/curly hair!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I really like this product. It defines my 3b/c curly hair greatly. The smell isn't the best, but the definition is worth it. I use the giovanni direct leave in under it and let it dry and i'm good for the day.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairOther, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I'll add to the several mostly positive comments below! This is truly a decent gel and I've had fairly good results. For reference, I have natural curly hair that is cut in a short layered bob (growing out a pixie). This product works much better on my hair than several high-end styling products I've recently tried including Pureology, L'anza, Kenra, Aquage and Redkin -- all pure fluff! How I use: "After" blow dry styling with a round brush, I apply a small amount of the gel and apply it as a finishing product. It works to softly hold the style throughout the day. Controls and smooths the frizzies too! Good product but would not recommend for long hair.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

6 years ago

I usually use Garnier's curl scrunching gel but I decided to try this one because of the good reviews and the way they market this as being "pure" (as to how true that statement is, I don't know). It's ooookay, I don't love it but it's not horrible. It leaves my curls looking defined but the issue I have with this is that it makes my hair stick together a lot and it turns really hard, an issue I don't have with the curl scrunching gel. I will finish this tube but I will go back to my regular gel next time.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29