Schwarzkopf Live Salon Style

No Image

3.5

on 5/13/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Used 9-1 "Ultra Light Blonde" on the top part/roots of my already platinum blonde hair. It's turned my hair a horrible bluey-grey colour & my roots appear to be darker than they were before I even put the dye on! Needless to say I'm really disappointed in this product considering Live XXL is the only product I used on my hair/roots for 5 years. In fact the only good thing about this dye kit was the conditioner that came with it. Totally disgusted with this blatant waste of money because I'll now have to spend more to fix my hair!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This review is based on my experience using shade 3.3 - Dark Violet.

The first thing you'll notice is how your hair feels and smells after dying it; my hair still feels and looks glossy and there is no clinging chemical scent to my hair - it sounds iffy, but my hair smells similar to laundry detergent after rinsing the colour from my hair. Fresh florals, I like it. My chosen shade does seem dark at first, but lightens to a medium tone after two weeks or so. From then on a rich medium violet over-toned burgundy is maintained, the violet tones being a bit more vibrant then the model's on the box.

Violet shades can fade as quickly as red shades do, but after 6 weeks the fade is hardly noticeable and the violet tone still shines through - and I'm not using a colour protecting shampoo/conditioner. I started to go grey in my teens and this has perfectly blended them away, which is a first; I've found .that dyes typically colour the grey hairs slightly lighter.

I've been colouring my hair for over half my life and in the past I've used both schwarzkopf's Luminance in Ultra Violet and XXL in Mystic Violet, so feel qualified enough to say that this has the best staying power for a violet based dye I've come across in the schwarzkopf brand. In fact the colour's fade resistance is the best out of all the brands I've ever used, even outlasting my sister's 70 salon bought purple hue.

While I can't fault the product itself, I was a little disappointed the you get 10ml less product then you do in XXL products [you get 100ml in total, compared to XXL's 120ml].

on 8/12/2011 1:04:00 PM

YES YES YES!!
This is the best home hair dye I have used for years. I used blue black, which is not overly blue, just a blue tinge in bright sunlight.

While this sounds bad that I like it, it leaves dye on my scalp because it's so super strong. I thought they stopped making dyes like this when I was a teenager... so watch out if you get some on your skin. Clinique make up remover works quite well at removing the stains though.
Anyway the only reason I need to dye every 4-6 weeks is to do my roots, because this stuff DOES NOT FADE! Every other black dye I've tried (every one there is :/) has faded after 3 weeks or just not been an intensive enough colour.
Definitely my hair dye HG.

Only reason I give it a 4 for packaging is the stupid gloves it comes with. Those massive non stretch clown hand ones. Necessitates buying vinyl gloves separately to make sure you have the control.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I bought this when my local asda ran out of my Live XXL red colour. The one thing that peeved me is the size of the applicator bottle/amount of hair dye. Its substantially less than the normal XXL colours, and that annoyed me as I normally only need one of the XXL packs, but needed 2 of these....didnt realise till I had it on tho, so had to make do with the one pack!!!! Also colour wasnt as vibrant as Id hoped. Wont be re-purchasing.