Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush

Perfect Foundation BrushPerfect Foundation Brush

4.5

on 8/31/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush after googling best foundation brushes. I use it with Shiseido UV Protective Foundation and it provides an even, natural, and flawless finish. Totally worth the investment.

on 2/7/2016 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
+ My first foundation brush, and I've never felt like I needed another!
+ I have a small face, so this brush is a great size.
+ Soft, dense, and wonderful to use.

Cons:
- This brush is a huge pain to wash. I don't feel, in its 2 years of use, that I've ever managed to get it 100% clean. I soak it in brush cleaner, shampoo it, wipe it down, then repeat 2-3 times.
- It can leave foundation a little streaky on me, if I'm not careful with application.

on 2/7/2016 2:27:00 AM

This brush was smaller than I expected, and although it would be nice if it was slightly bigger, I still really like it for liquid and cream foundations. It blends my foundation so nicely and seamlessly with abosolutely no streaks. I find the patting motion technique really helps bring out the most coverage. I don't think its difficult to wash this brush provided that you use a good brush shampoo ($2 Daiso brush shampoo is amazing). The only thing I don't like about this brush is that it takes a full 12 hours to dry after washing. Other dense foundation brushes I used in the past usually dry within 8 hours. I really recommend shaking the brush until no water comes out at all or it will take closer to 24 hours to dry!

on 2/3/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

In mineral makeup circles, the dense, short-bristled flat-top brush is considered a holy grail. Something about the design makes it easier to smooth and buff that loose powder foundation over your face, cover your flaws effectively and "fill in" large pores. Some brushes have come close to that, such as the flat-tops from Lumiere, Alima, Sigma and Lauress. But the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush trumps them all - and it's not even a true flat-top!

Nowadays I blend my mineral foundation with a moisturizer to get more of a 'liquid-esque' formula so I can't say I use the brush straight with the powder. It gives a flawless finish, though - there's no streaking or parts of your face that have more pigment from the foundation than others. This brush isn't cheap, as others have mentioned, it's the most expensive brush I've every purchased and it takes a couple of days to dry after washing, but it works extremely well. I'm considering buying another one just for finishing powders.

on 11/2/2015 9:27:00 PM

I hated this brush at first. It was too small and left streaks. I decided to give it another chance and actually followed the instructions. Use the brush perpindicular to the face and it actually did what it says. It provided natural looking high coverage. The brush is extremely small and it took so long to buff the foundation into my entire face that my hand was starting to cramp up. you definitely have to work in sections with a quick-drying foundation. With that being said, this brush doesn't offer anything that a high end foundation brush doesn't. The extra time and effort required for this brush isn't worth it even though it works well.

on 10/6/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really great foundation brush that offers full coverage. You can also use it on cream blushes. It is compact too, the handle is short. My one complaint is that it is hell to shampoo out all the product, but it works so well, it's worth it.

on 10/6/2015 10:10:00 PM

I used to apply foundation with either my fingers or a brush. So I amassed quite a collection of foundation brushes. When this brush first came out, it was featured in a lot of magazines, so I picked one up. It is a nice little brush. It is nice and soft and the bristles are densely packed. It is small, but that somehow doesn't seem to make a difference--it still applies foundation smoothly and seamlessly. It retails for $30.

on 10/1/2015 3:16:00 AM

I purchased this brush in Japan for about $17(US dollars, approx). While I find some Shiseido products are pretty hit or miss, their beauty tools are consistently great (at least the ones I have used/purchased).

It has a simple, yet elegant design. I love the density and softness, as well as the beautiful finish it creates. Very user friendly, with no apparent shedding. I would highly recommend to any brush fanatics out there.

I bit the bullet and bought my first foundation brush - the Shiseido Foundation brush - back in 2007 for RM95. 8 years later, the same brush is still going strong, does not shed, and the fact that it still works so wonderfully well has helped curb my lemmings. :p since purchasing this brush, I was introduced to the world of Hakuhodo, Chikuhodo, Koyudo and many other makeup artist-endorsed brands like Wayne Goss / Pixiwoo... But I've never felt the need to purchase any foundation brushes from them. This fits so well in my hand, the bristles are densely packed, but not so much that it is rigid and non pliable, the slightly angled shape helps me get foundation into the corners of my nose (I have a big nose >.<) and the finish is simply flawless. Be it cream, liquid or even mineral foundation, this foundation brush handles all of it like a pro. I have a backup brush but I have not found a need to use it yet. I have nothing but praise for this brush and I think everyone should have one in their Arsenal. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I did it. I spent $30 on a make up a brush for the first time in my life. Do I feel guilty? Absolutely. Do I regret it? Heck nah! Ive been upgrading my beauty products and bought Urban Decay Foundation and it looked good. Except my darn Beauty Blender wasnt giving me what I wanted. I had make up brushes and tried using that but that made it look worse. I researched the best make up brushes. I was hesitant because it just seemed kinda ridiculous to spend so much on a make up brush. I stumbled upon this brush and was intrigued because it had an Award. I read review and blogs and was getting excited by all the positive reviews. I went out to Macy's and bought it.

Life has been changed. I didnt know a brush could work wonders! Its small which is great because it allows you to have control of the brush and maneuver it easily in hard to get areas, like around my red nose. The first dab of foundation onto my face from this brush was perfect. It looked great! It was photoshopping my face right before my eyes. It was easy! I didnt have to fix mistakes it just did what it was supposed to do. The box came with instructions on how to use it for light, medium, or heavy coverage. The brush is soft its not scratchy or irritating and feels nice. I looked flawless afterwards.

I highly recommend this brush! You dont have to do much work it does it all for you. Yes its expensive but it saves time and has you feeling pretty and confident. You wont regret it =D

You heard it from Jackie Rudetsky