Essie grow stronger

Essie grow stronger

3.9

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Camphor, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Diacetone Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Alumina, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Aluminum Calcium Sodium Silicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Dimethicone, May also contain:, Mica (CI 77891), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77163), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163) (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 77491, CI 77499), Iron Oxides (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15880), Red 34 (CI 15880) (CI 77266), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 73360), Red 30 (CI 73360) (CI 75170), Guanine (CI 77000), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000) (CI 770007), Ultramarines (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 19140), Yellow 5 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), F.I.L. D44247/2

on 2/25/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Do not buy the Australian version of Essie in any product, they are all absolutely terrible. The packaging is different and the products are very poor quality, and hugely overpriced. The Essie products sold in the USA are excellent, grow stronger base coat has saved my nails. I wear it as a base or apply 2 coats and my nails look great.

on 10/30/2016 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not being a nail person, I was thrilled at the results of my first ever professional manicure a few months ago and bought this to maintain the results at home. I applied it 1-2 times a week and saw my nails become noticeably stronger, more healthy and were growing quickly. At the time I wondered if this change was partly due to this product and partly because I'd stepped up using hand cream and applying oil around my cuticles.
After my next manicure I got lazy and didn't apply Grow Stronger for a few weeks. I've really noticed the difference - my nails have become thinner and although not long, they have been splitting and breaking easily. I applied two coats last night and found that this makes nail polish application much easier. I used one coat of Essie Ballet Slippers and it went on perfectly.
As previous reviewers have said, it has a pretty pale pink finish which can work well on its own (with topcoat) for a natural look, which is how I usually wear it.
Now that I've seen how well this product performs I'll definitely be using it regularly. A great product and not unreasonably priced compared to other professional nail brands.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

So good!

It's a sheer light pink polish that really works. My nails felt stronger within 1 week and they were able to grow out without any breakage. I like to apply 2 coats before I do my nails and I would repurchase it. I love it!

on 9/27/2015 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my new holy grail for base coats.

I work at a place where washing your hands all the time is mandatory, so naturally my nails are quite weak and brittle. Nail polish also don't last a day at work without chipping.

But with this formula my nail polish will last a week, even longer. My nails aren't weak anymore and they don't split or break.

Essie is an expensive brand but this base coat has changed my life. I can finally start wearing polishes again without having to worry about chipping, ridges or having weak nails.

on 1/2/2015 7:52:00 PM

My nails are weak and break easily. I bought this product not expecting much but this stuff works. My nails can now go a full week without chipping or peeling if I keep them short. That probably doesn't sound like much to you but for me its a miracle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I post this at TJ MAXX hoping that I would get a good deal on this product since Essie is a pretty pricey brand for nail polish. I had also heard many great things about it on YouTube.

I LOVE this product!! It's very fast drying and can double as a base coat for your other polishes.

Not only can this be used as a soft pale pink nail color as well but it actually makes my nails grow so FAST and STRONG. I'm very pleased with this product and am pretty confident this will work for the majority of you.

The price isn't awful but check at your local TJ MAXX for a steal! I just got back from there tonight and they still had 3-4 left. I'm not promising that they will be there but it's worth a try. :)

Overall I'm giving this product 4 stars because all though it can double as a base coat it will decrease the wear of your polish ALOT.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim, seeing it at my local Marshalls. I had an issue with brittle nails that chip easily and couldn't see to find anything that really solved my problem.

I've had this product for a few months now and may I just say that I really love it! It's the only nail strenghter that I found that really works for me. I've tried other ones and my main issue with those ones is that you have to consistently apply them on to see a difference. I'm terrible with being consistent, but even without consistently applying on this base coat I noticed a difference in the nails pretty quickly.

This base coat has a slight pink tint to it. If you wear it alone with 2 coats or more, it gives your nails a light milky pink look. It looks quite nice if you like that natural look but nicer.

I currently have long nails and I haven't been able to have long nails in maybe 6 years! My nails still do break here and there, but not enough that I have to keep my nails short. I also don't have an issue with my nails being brittle and chipping off in layers anymore :).

As far as how this works as a base coat, I think its okay. I don't notice that my nail polish lasts any longer or anything, but I personally bought this specifically to use as a strenghter.

As far as price goes, I was lucky and found it at my local Marshalls so I got a good price on it. I've also seen it at TJ Maxx. I think it is worth it to pay full price though if you can't find it on a good deal.

Overall, definitely recommend if you have an issue with brittle nails that break easily, and if you aren't someone that can keep up with a routine of applying on your nail strengther. I noticed a huge difference in my nails and I hope you do too! I find this at my local Marshalls and I've also seen it at TJ Maxx, but if don't have luck that those places I've also seen it at Normstorm Rack.

on 7/14/2014 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm very skeptical about products like this but after 1.5 weeks my nails are growing so fast & they're so much harder. I love this stuff, will buy & buy again

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I noticed my nails were flakey and brittle and it was making my nail polish look bad, so I decided to try and find a decent base coat. After using a Revlon one for a few years, this product is absolutely amazing! It provides a smooth base for nail polish and I would say that it makes the colour last longer. My nails look great both with polish and without. I would definitely recommend.

on 9/30/2013 2:18:00 AM

Makes my nails a bit stronger when I use it, but what it really does is make them grow longer FASTER. I don't know how but it literally makes my nails grow 2-3x faster compared to when not using anything (or just regular polish with a top coat). It's pretty amazing. Worth the price. Dries really fast/easy to use. I would like it even more if it actually made them stronger instead of longer though lol.

Popular Treatments