The Body Shop 100% Natural Lip Roll-on

The Body Shop 100% Natural Lip Roll-on

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/17/2016 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmmmm, no..
I purchased the Rose and the Mint one, and while I haven't tried out the mint flavored one yet, I can say that I'm not a big fan of the rose flavor. The smell is okay, a bit chemical, but okay, but it just doesn't do enough for my lips. It's not moisturizing enough and as others have said, it ends up being neglected in my makeup bag because I reach for the ones that give me instant nourishment. This is the first lip roll on I've ever had, so I don't know if these aren't supposed to give you a lot of treatment. Anyway, I would have liked something a bit more thicker and more effective.

Pro:
- cruelty free
- cooling
- subtle gloss, if that's what you're looking for then this might be for you

Con:
- not enough effect, not moisturizing

on 3/17/2015 4:32:00 PM

I bought this (in Coconut) because I needed to meet a minimum purchase requirement at The Body Shop and it was on sale for $3. First of all, the product name doesn't even tell you what it does. It's just "Lip Roll-On." Not "lip balm," "lip moisturizer," etc. Instead of describing the effect of the product it just tells you how to apply it. That should have been my first clue because as it turns out, the product does NOTHING. You swipe it on (which, I'm docking a lippie for packaging because it took forever to get the roller moving) and it feels nice enough, but it definitely isn't moisturizing--it just sits there. And after 10 minutes or so it's gone. Also, the coconut version has a weird plasticky smell, almost like petroleum, even though I don't think there is any petrolatum in here. The bottle is really cute, though. I may clean it out and use it for something else so it wasn't a total waste.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

I am not a lip roll on fan but decided to buy it because it was on sale. I have the berry-flavoured one. I love the taste! It is subtle, not too much. It moisturizes pretty well. I don't need to reapply very often, and I can use it on top of my lipstick without it coming off. However, I don't use it often. I always think "I can definitely use that!" and then it ends up standing somewhere in the back of my makeup cabin and I have to throw it out most of the time because it is expired. So, if I would wear this a lot, I would repurchase. I definitely recommend, IF you like lip roll on. Otherwise, don't bother.

on 6/18/2014 11:10:00 PM

I got this product on sale for $2, and I really enjoy it. I got the rose one and I LOVE it. Great product, I would definitely buy the other flavours.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love that this product is a roll on because I hate Having to dig around in a pot for lip balm, it makes it so quick and easy to apply lip balm even in the corners of your mouth. I've bought the mint one because it smells herbally/medicated too me which I really like, this stuff has an oily consistency so it makes your lips ultra shinny. However it doesn't last on your lips for very long (the shine) but I can feel it being absorbed because it makes my lips ultra soft.

this is a fantastic, mildly moisturising roll-on lip treatment. purchased 3 (coconut, rose, & orange) in the sale which made the price reasonable.

i previously avoided lip glosses as i find them generally quite suffocating to the skin and sticky (problematic when you have very long hair when you wear it down.) i half expected these roll-ons to have a similar texture/tackyness. i have been pleasantly surprised to find these lip treatments not sticky at all.

the flavors are really nice, particulaly the rose. i also like that these dry quicker as i loathe the sensation of gloss sat atop my lips, bleeding in and on to things when eating or drinking.

if you are after a major moisturiser for lips, this will disappoint you. however if you are seeking light moisture this could very well give you what you need. i can see this being particularly useful in the warmer months of the year.

packaging is cute, with a screw top lid that closes properly. the rollerball itself feels lovely during application. fits perfectly in a clutch or any handbag.

oh, and they pass the kiss test. no complaints ;)

on 2/15/2014 2:08:00 AM

Make my lip getting darker and dry.

on 1/4/2014 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This product is okay, I got the orange flavoured one. The smell is super and I absolutely love the packaging, unfortunately the product itself isn't very impressive. I've been using it for months and it doesn't help much with chapped lips/does not moisturize. It dries really quickly and it's expensive compared to other lip balm products that work a lot better!

on 11/27/2013 11:53:00 AM

no more bodyshop. again i was buying coz of sale n another horrible product from bodyshop. im so done

im nt sure about this product. put it on n it goes away. or maybe i drink it up coz its basically oil.

Popular Lip Treatments