Neostrata Vitamin C Concentrate

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Neostrata Vitamin C Concentrate

4.3

I bought NeoStrata Vitamin C Concentrate at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale and the cosmetician gave me a full-size sample of NeoStrata's Foaming Face Water. Downside is I use one capsule every night and there's only 30 in the jar. I'm almost at end of 1st jar, so will probably buy again, but I'm also going to research other options. It's easy to twist the end of the capsule off and squeeze it out. It glides on nicely and is spreadable. I've already begun to see fading in sunspots and overall nicer texture so I recommend giving it a try.

on 9/3/2012 5:03:00 AM

SO FAR SO GOOD, DID NOT BREAK ME OUT

on 8/9/2011 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product comes in capsule form and is meant to be used like a serum. I initially bought this because I heard that it was good for improving the appearance of hyperpigmentation/melasma (because of the 10% high-potency vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid). The first batch I bought I only used every other day at nights only because I was afraid it would temporarily darken my skin, cause redness/irritation, etc. Now that I've built up a tolerance for it (about 2.5 months), the second batch I bought I have been using twice a day, every other day. I think the package says to use it morning and night everyday but I heard that it is better to apply any vitamin c serum only every other day. As far as any improvement in my hyperpigmentation/melasma, I have yet to notice any significant difference - I continue to use it because I usually give skincare products 3 months to "work its magic" before deciding if it actually doing anything for me. However, the serum does make my skin feel soft and smooth after applying to my face and neck, it hasn't broken me out, and although it's pricey, the product will last a few months (depending on how often you use it). A bad point is that you have to cut open the capsule to get all the product out.

I will update again after finishing the second batch.