Essie grow richer

grow richer

4.8

on 1/29/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really good base coat. It is difficult find a good base coat/nail hardener without fermaldehyde in it. This one is free from toxic ingredients as far as I can tell, and has a great mix of oils that nourish the nail. It also makes my polishes last longer. Highly recommended.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this as a base coat. It does help my nail polish stick and last a lot longer. I don't think it really does anything else but i'm satisfied with its performance as a base coat. I like that it is very thin and doesn't add bulk to the manicure yet still keeps polish from chipping and wear. Now i can't say if it prevents staining as i usually do not wear dark colors on my fingers. I usually stick with neutrals and natural looking colors.

on 2/3/2013 12:48:00 PM

I have been using Essie Grow Richer now for half a year approx. Before that I had been using Microcell 2000 Nail Repair, a treatment containing formaldehyde. You should note that I keep my nails painted all the time and paint them every 2-3 days.

While Microcell has helped me grow my nails much longer and stronger than ever before I decided to give my nails a break from the formaldehyde. I really like Grow Richer as a less harsh alternative. I have had very little peeling with Grow Richer (compared to none with Microcell). My nails break rarely, mostly due to my own stupidity. I also noticed that my nails grow like crazy, I "have" to file them down every 2 weeks to maintain a length I can handle. (5 points overall.)

A dislike of sorts is that it comes packaged in a clear plastic box that imho is not necessary. (3 points)
Grow Richer costs 9 Euro here in Germany which is not cheap but you get a great product for your money that will last you a long time. After almost 6 months there is still about 75% left in my bottle. (3 points)

Overall, Grow Richer is a great product that keeps my nails strong.

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

I bought this the other day for 3.99 in tk maxx, BARGAIN! I've used it for a few days and my nails are already looking healthier and less splittage! I've recently been on a dramatic nail polish addiction and it has wreaked havoc on my nails, lots of splitting and peeling! I intend on using this for a few weeks before using a polish again! Love OT and will buy at full price when needs be!

on 9/29/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this nail polish, my nails are growing and are not brittle after many years of doing wraps on my nails.

on 8/9/2011 4:26:00 PM

Essie grow richer is described by Essie as being a clinical strength nourishing nail growth treatment for dry, brittle nails. I have been using this for only 5 days now as a base coat under my nail polish, and I can already tell a major difference in the durability and length of my nails. It claims to give you up to 33% growth in 5 days, but maybe more important than the growth I have seen in my nails, I have seen a dramatic improvement in the overall health of my nails. They are stronger, have less noticeable ridges and seem flexible without tempting to break off. This is also a wonderful base coat as it goes on clear, is not thick at all, dries fairly fast, and creates an even base to work on. It is also big 3 free! Seriously a wonderful product and I will continue using this as long as Essie is still making it. Very impressed by this!

Popular Treatments