Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Still my favorite mascara to date. Love the volume and lengthening it gives, plus it doesn't clump very much and doesn't flake either. The only thing I don't like about this brand is that it doesn't come in waterproof! Rimmel has waterproof mascara in almost all of the other mascaras it makes, why not this one? I don't get it. I look for it every time I go to the store and there never is one, it makes me so sad. I love waterproof mascaras and if they had one for Volume Accelerator, I would probably never buy another mascara again. Seriously.

on 12/23/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is bullcrap... It doesn't make my lashes any longer, just clumps. It does nothing or my bottom lashes either... And if there is just one drop of water on my lashes the entire mascara on my eyes comes off.. Ugh

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The brush on this is not my favorite. I think that it makes it go on extra clumpy, so I just have to use a lash comb. With that being said i love how creamy and thick this formula is and it is also super easy to remove. Very minimal lash loss!!

on 7/26/2012 3:54:00 PM

The first times I used it seemed like nothing special, but the more I used it, the more I liked it. It's a great everyday mascara, it adds length, but not so much volume. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge on me, it doesn't transfer. The thin brush makes it easy to apply on both top and bottom lashes.
As far as the good proprieties it has for your lashes, I still haven't seen results, but I've only been using it on-off for a few weeks.
It's a good mascara to have around for natural looking lashes.

on 6/21/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff! I've been using it for about a month now and I have noticed that my lashes are longer and thicker! It gives me incredible length and does NOT clump what so ever!! HG mascara!!

on 4/12/2012 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This helps me make my eyelashes look fuller.the brisles are really stiff and i tend to use this mascara last to help seperate any clumped or stuck together lashes. I didnt see any growth, the mascara is pretty liquidy and would be great if you like light 1 coat mascara.I stoppped using it att about 1 month and used it cause it helps add volume.Now its back in my routine but i wouldn't buy it again. it reminds me of maybellines Great Lash oldschool stuff. It does get every lash but its not thick enough for me.once it drys....it holds on for dear god...i never have had issues with it flaking off. when i pull on it to come off its pretty stuck in my P.O.V. It stings if it comes in my eyes after i wash it off,and it does come off easily.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product because It Makes my lashes look really curled. but this can get clumpy after the first coat and it smells a little strange which isn't that big of a problem because on your lashes you cant smell it. This is a wet formula but after a month it will dry up a bit which makes it better. If you cry this will burn really bad so not good for sensitive or watery eyes. i like the brush because its a natural bristled one and i hate plastic wands.i wouldnt re purchase this just because the falsies by maybelline is better in my opinion.

on 3/31/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There are some pros and cons about this mascara. I like it because it curls my eyelashes without using a eyelash curler. I also like the length it gives off, but when i wash my make up off it makes my eyelashes fall out. Every time i use it they fall out but when i switch my mascara it doesnt do the same. I have not seen a growth in my eyelashes and ive been using this product for over 2 months now. I highly recommed you try it but if it makes your eyelashes fall out, stop using it.

on 11/27/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 3 (~$10 CAD)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought this mascara because I had an incident using Ardell LashTite with individual lashes and they refused to come off, even with the adhesive remover. Anyway, long story short, I ended up losing quite a few of my lashes in the process, and felt completely naked and needed something that would help my lashes to grow back while giving my existing lashes some much needed oomph.

I bought this one because it boasted some "Lash boosting complex" that was supposed to help my lashes grow longer and more numerous in only "30 days". I cannot attest to that because I also use the Lash Accelerator serum about 3-4x/week. During the day time I use false lashes and this mascara under my lashes.

Initially I did not like this mascara because the wet formula didn't seem to work with so few lashes, I felt like it just made them look skinny and like sticks, so after 2 uses I put it away for a few weeks. I tried it again today (after having been using the lash accelerator serum for a few weeks) and wow, I like! You have to use the side of the brush that is wider in order to get the voluminous look that the packaging promises. I feel like the formula needed to dry out for a bit for it to work properly for me, so points for that. It does take out a bit of my curl after I apply, so I curl my lashes before and after application.

I still wear false lashes during the day (Ardell 110) to add more lushness to my lashline, but this mascara works well on its own too. I would say that at least I know the Lash Accelerator serum by Rimmel works -- my lashes have all grown back and are longer and thicker than they were before!

But... my favourite mascara is still L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof.

on 10/24/2011 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Disappointing. I have long lashes but would like more volume. So I'm always looking for a good voluminizing mascara. This wasn't it. It was a little clumpy and did not add any volume at all. Returned it and tried the Colossal which added more volume to my lashes.