RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

2.5

on 11/7/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good GRIEF! Where do I even start? The ONLY reason I am still using this mascara is to see if it really is effective in building last volume over time. Although, based on most of the reviews I've read and seen from blog posts, YouTube, etc., I am not holding out much hope for that. However, I am hoping that "results will vary" and that I will have some luck with that. Again, not holding my breath while I wait. Ok, now.. on to the actual review part of this product - and I cannot stress this point enough... if you do not like wet mascaras, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT buy this mascara!! This is BY FAR *THE* WETTEST mascara that I have EVER used in my entire life (which is 30 years, I might add). I mean.... HOLY WETNESS! :-O It is SO wet that I have actually had a GLOP of mascara fall out on to my pants while pulling the mascara wand out. It's insane!! I have NEVER had that happen with ANY mascara ever before. Also, there is soooo much wet product that when I pull the wand out of the tube, there is actually gloopy mascara HANGING from the wand - literally. And sooo much goopy, wet mascara build up on the top and bottom of the brush. I mean - I just can't take it. And because it's SO incredibly wet, it clumps like MAD! I get mascara ALL over the tops of my eyes, above the lashline and all over the under part of my eyes. It's just HORRIBLE! The ONLY thing I like about this mascara is the LOOKS of the packaging. It's in a very "thick" tube - looks like a regular tube of mascara is encased in a clear, see through, thicker tube. Very cool! Other than that though, there is absolutely NOTHING that I like about this mascara. Rimmel - TONE DOWN THE WETNESS! I mean, it's just insane!! Needless to say, unless this product somehow "magically" gives me super thick lashes and helps my lashes have more volume over time (the more I use it) I will NOT be repurchasing this mascara!

on 10/9/2011 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I would say I have a love/hate thing with this mascara, but I don't think I'm even that passionate about it. I grabbed it because it was cheap, and I'd never tried Rimmel mascara. I have to say that I have very long, very thick lashes naturally, and this makes them absolutely *insane*, but it's too finicky for me. The wiper in the tube is insufficient, and the wand comes out overloaded with product, which is an oddly thick liquid. If I'm very careful to wipe the wand against the tube as I pull it out--or if I wipe it off on some tissue--it's great: not clumpy, lengthens and thickens dramatically, feels light, if slightly waxy, on lashes. If the wand isn't tended lovingly, however, it goes on way too heavily and practically turns lashes into one giant uni-lash. The other issue I have with it is removal. Even when applied sparingly, and taken off with an oil-based eye makeup remover, it seems there is *always* some left, especially on lower lashes, unless I rub much more than I'd prefer to. Despite the flaws, I keep going to it, day after day, so I obviously find it passable. I do really like the dramatic results it gives--I just hate all the finickiness. For that reason, i'll finish but will not (likely) repurchase. Also: asymmetrical brush is gimmicky and useless. Flat side always over-applies, fat side is ok.