Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.2

on 1/7/2015 2:27:00 PM

I was disappointed by this mascara. It says volume accelerator, but if anything the only thing I noticed was a little bit of extra length. It took me three coats to get any noticeable difference from my normal eye lashes. The first coat only made my eye lashes point in random directions. Would not buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Still my favorite mascara to date. Love the volume and lengthening it gives, plus it doesn't clump very much and doesn't flake either. The only thing I don't like about this brand is that it doesn't come in waterproof! Rimmel has waterproof mascara in almost all of the other mascaras it makes, why not this one? I don't get it. I look for it every time I go to the store and there never is one, it makes me so sad. I love waterproof mascaras and if they had one for Volume Accelerator, I would probably never buy another mascara again. Seriously.

on 11/7/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good GRIEF! Where do I even start? The ONLY reason I am still using this mascara is to see if it really is effective in building last volume over time. Although, based on most of the reviews I've read and seen from blog posts, YouTube, etc., I am not holding out much hope for that. However, I am hoping that "results will vary" and that I will have some luck with that. Again, not holding my breath while I wait. Ok, now.. on to the actual review part of this product - and I cannot stress this point enough... if you do not like wet mascaras, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT buy this mascara!! This is BY FAR *THE* WETTEST mascara that I have EVER used in my entire life (which is 30 years, I might add). I mean.... HOLY WETNESS! :-O It is SO wet that I have actually had a GLOP of mascara fall out on to my pants while pulling the mascara wand out. It's insane!! I have NEVER had that happen with ANY mascara ever before. Also, there is soooo much wet product that when I pull the wand out of the tube, there is actually gloopy mascara HANGING from the wand - literally. And sooo much goopy, wet mascara build up on the top and bottom of the brush. I mean - I just can't take it. And because it's SO incredibly wet, it clumps like MAD! I get mascara ALL over the tops of my eyes, above the lashline and all over the under part of my eyes. It's just HORRIBLE! The ONLY thing I like about this mascara is the LOOKS of the packaging. It's in a very "thick" tube - looks like a regular tube of mascara is encased in a clear, see through, thicker tube. Very cool! Other than that though, there is absolutely NOTHING that I like about this mascara. Rimmel - TONE DOWN THE WETNESS! I mean, it's just insane!! Needless to say, unless this product somehow "magically" gives me super thick lashes and helps my lashes have more volume over time (the more I use it) I will NOT be repurchasing this mascara!

on 10/4/2012 11:21:00 AM

I love this stuff! I can definitely notice a difference that my lashes look fuller. Whether or not it permanently does it, probably not. But either way, I love the look of this. The brush isn't bad so don't believe other reviews that it's the most horrible thing on earth. The brush helps the the little lashes that are hard to reach like in the corners of your eyes. I love to curl my lashes first, then apply this. It makes my eyes look wide open and full! I will definitely buy this again.

I was a huge fan of Bare Escentuals Volumizing mascara but for 18$ and change it was too much. I've been wearing this for over 3 months now and I'd have to say I'm converted. The packaging is easy and the wand brush is almost as big as BE. It is tapered at the end but width of the brush is close to BE. With a little maneuvering of the wand I can get the same look for half the cost.
If this tube can last me 6 months like my BE would then I'd give it a five!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was first drawn to this product because of the claims and the packaging. Now don't get me wrong I like the packaging...I love the brush and the nice fat tube, however, the formula is WAY too wet for my liking. I've only been using it for a week and i feel like maybe it will dry a bit and actually give my lashes volume--we'll see. Too wet to add much volume to my lashes and it takes too long to build any volume up. I'll stick with my L'Oreal Voluminous carbon black for now!

on 5/15/2012 12:25:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA EVER!!!!!I don't know why everybody seems to have something negative to say about it. It is true that at first it does clump a bit and can be hard to get on, but after using it for a week or so it doesn't do it any more. What people don't seem to get is that part of the point of this mascara is to help your eylashes grow longer and fuller. When that starts to happen (usually within a week or so) it no longer clumps and looks great. As a result of my OCD I pulled out a lot of my lashes and it looked horrible. I finally stoped and they grew back but not as long or thick as they had been before. Not only does it make them look longer and fuller with it on, but ever since I started using this my eyelashes have become longer and fuller without it. At this point I can actually see like 10 new eyelashes on each side coming in. It is the best feeling ever. I keep getting told how amazing they look and what I've been using on them. I also LOVE the shape of the wand. I makes it so easy to apply it on every lash. It also makes it so that you can put more on the outside lashes to get that winged flare or you can put the most on in the middle and make your eyes look so much bigger. I know that some people don't seem to get why one side is flat but it is actually a really good think. This makes it so that the brush can be big enough ti give you that volume and length, but still small enough that you can manuver it and not have it cover your whole eye. Though it clumps at first (I recomend scraping as much off as you can while pulling it out of the tube) and you may have to redo it a few times before you figure out the right way to use it, once you get the hang of it this mascara is the best ever!!!! I would totally buy it again. I recomend you at least try it for at least a week. It isn't one of the really expensive mascara's so it's worth a shot. PLEASE try it:):):)

Okay so I tried the lash accelerator and loved that so I decided to give the volume Accelerator a shot... I'm kind of on the fence with it. I like it but I don't like it. What I like about it is that it holds a curl all day long but what I don't like is that it seems clumpy unless I run a comb through it after it dries. I do like the brush design though. It is wide at the base and tapers off into a finer point to get all those hard to reach inner and outer corner lashes. I would not buy this product again... But I will go back to the lash accelerator.

on 2/17/2012 12:10:00 AM

I love this mascara. I have been using it for about a month now, every day! I love everything about it. It makes my lashes very long and does not clump unless I put way to much on. It also leaves my lashes feeling better than most mascaras (More natural)
The only thing is that I don't really think it makes your lashes "grow" like it says it will, but it makes them look very long when it is on !

on 2/10/2012 7:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product does volumize my lashes, but it's very flakey. It dripped into my eyes on multiple occasions while applying, and after wearing for a bit it flaked off onto my cheek and into my eyes.
I haven't noticed it naturally "volumize" my eyelashes yet, but it does volumize them fairly well while wearing it. Not the best thing. Try the volume accelerator by Rimmel instead - it actually works unlike this.