Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.0

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Too runny. Doesn't volumize, doesn't lengthen. And leaves mascara marks on my eyelids and cheeks. Won't buy again.

on 7/23/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty surprised by all of the negative reviews. I actually really like this mascara! It makes my lashes look thicker, darker, and longer. My only complaint is the brush because it can get kind of sloppy, but if you're careful this shouldn't be a problem. I do a coat or two of this and follow up with Maybelline Mega Plush mascara (which is my all-time favorite mascara; if I'm out of The Accelerator then my lashes look just as good with simply the Mega Plush). I like this mascara but it needs another coat of something else to comb through it. I'll likely repurchase.

on 6/20/2015 6:37:00 PM

Another mascara that went in the trash can after a few uses...didn't really do anything for my lashes but what really made me throw it away was the annoying weird messy brush :(

on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

poor mascara. smudgy and leaves a clumpy,stringy mess with 1 light application.
Thrown out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this product for free, but it is available at Walmart for $7.97. Luckily for me, I didn't have to waste money on this product. I prefer a fuller brush and this brush is like a large spiral. The mascara itself is very stringy. After applying it to my lashes, it left the tips with extra strings of mascara and didn't nothing to build my lashes and rather than make them full, it made them look sparse. Just awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hey everyone!!Overall I like the mascara and would repurchase maybe one day in future however I would probably want to experiment with other brands first. It gives good volume and length but I just hate that it is so easy to get excess product on eyelids and smears easily if you cry or rub your eyes. I have to be careful when applying to avoid it getting in my eyes/contacts because a lot of product comes out easily. I have been using for about 3 weeks. A tip I would recommend is applying a little dab of olive oil on lashes before applying for a even more dramatic longer lash effect. Imma work with this mascara for a few more months then consider switching when it runs out. Also make sure you clean off on lids at night esp lower lids before bedtime because I have noticed it causing wrinkles in the morning from sleeping in it. Rub some oil underneath eyes as well to prevent that from happening.

good mascara.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I kept this for about 2 weeks before I threw it out. I'm totally into Volume as I require it for my long but not too thick lashes. I coated and coated and coated and just got an "ok" result.
I also did not feel that my eye lashes were healthy or nourished at all. In fact they were very dry and brittle feeling and I loathe that in a mascara. I was not a big fan of the price too being at $11.30. I certainly do not mind paying if something is worth it, but my $7 Maybelline Colossal or One by One (list goes on for Maybelline mascaras as I love them for most part) prove that price is not everything. Like the Lash Accelerator (Original) the smell was just awful and toxic too after being opened for just a couple of weeks. I actually got more volume from their Endless Accelerator then I ever did in the one week I tried with this Volume kind therefore I will not re-purchase this. I think Revlon Grow Luscious or Lash Potion, which is around the same price up here in Toronto is worth the $$. Maybe others had better luck.

on 8/23/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was on a hunt for a good mascara and this caught my eye, the packaging is really cute though a little chunky.the brush that I got seems to be very different from the ones from these reviews, the brush I got wasn't round on one side and flat on the other like most say, mine was similiar to the Maybelline volum express the colossal brush except that it was a bit longer. I do still like the brush I prefer bigger spools, and this separated quite nicely. the reason for the low rating is coz the formula stings like a mutha! it is terrible, the tiniest bit in your eye is exruciating and I dont even have sensitive eyes. I got mine from Edgars btw (I live in South Africa) incase your thinking I got a fake or something. also I didnt get much length or volume from this. not very happy with this product at all.

Lots of mixed reviews but I love it. When you apply it (and the brush is amazing by the way, learn how to use it!) You have to vibrate it back and forth at the base of the lash to build thickness and then pull straight out through your lashes. The wetness is great because you can keep going over and over your lashes without clumping and it dries fast. Note the shape of the brush. The flat side is to build, the big brush side is to comb through.You have to use it correctly. i also like how the tip catches the baby lashes on the lower lids. I don't know why people would not like this mascara.