RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

2.0

I like this ok. It's better than others I've tried at the drugstore (Revlon, L'Oreal Million Lashes Waterproof)... I'd say this is one of the better ones (easy to get off, didn't give me racoon eyes) -- but I'm not totally sold.

I'm going to try the other Accelerator version.

on 1/26/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So very disappointed with this mascara. I really really like Rimmel's Lash Accelerator and so was looking forward to the same product but one that built volume. No go. It is the flakiest mascara I've ever used. Couple of hours in, I had actual speckles all under my eyes, in the corners of my eyes...not good at all! Will never buy again. Going back to the original Lash Accelerator and will use it in rotation with Lancome Doll Eyes.

on 1/26/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I liked this mascara at first. It made my lashes nice and long with an ample amount of volume, however, after about a month, the formula started to dry out and it became one big clumpy mess. The clumpiness also happened with Lash Accelerator. I will never buy another Rimmel mascara. I'm done with this brand.

on 8/9/2011 3:46:00 PM

I didn't think it was possible for a mascara to make my lashes look like they were thinner and shorter. Seriously. My lashes are pretty good. They aren't super long nor are they super thick. But, with the right mascara, they can look pretty fabulous. This particular formula, however, made them look less-than, and that's just a deal breaker. I suppose if I were going for the natural, barely-there look, this might be a good product. However, I expect mascara to deliver and this one didn't. The brush is even a huge conundrum. It's a short, squat bumble bee looking thing that's slightly curved and gets very thin toward the end. This is supposed to help get those tiny inner lashes. I get that part. However, with the formula being as weak as it is, it didn't seem like any lashes were being covered with product. Also, the brush is thicker toward one end which is great for the outer lashes, but what about the lashes in between - the ones over the center part of the eye? Nothing covered them. I have zero patience at 6:45 a.m. to figure out how many coats of this product to use not to mention how to work with the brush. Thank goodness for Ulta's return policy. I exchanged it for Almay One Coat Lengthening, which I've used (and loved!) before. I even got $3.49 refunded!