RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.5

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just purchased this recently and I have to say I am loving this product so far. I have normal lashes - nothing to write home about. They aren't curly or super long but they are not super short either. Mascara is something I like to wear everyday, so I have tried quite a few mascaras. Normally I pair two different mascaras together to give my lashes the most volume and length that I can achieve with two separate products. But this is the first mascara I can use alone and it gives me volume, length and even a bit of lift. I got this at CVS buy one get one 1/2 off so it wasn't too pricey. I would definitely buy this again.

on 10/9/2011 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I would say I have a love/hate thing with this mascara, but I don't think I'm even that passionate about it. I grabbed it because it was cheap, and I'd never tried Rimmel mascara. I have to say that I have very long, very thick lashes naturally, and this makes them absolutely *insane*, but it's too finicky for me. The wiper in the tube is insufficient, and the wand comes out overloaded with product, which is an oddly thick liquid. If I'm very careful to wipe the wand against the tube as I pull it out--or if I wipe it off on some tissue--it's great: not clumpy, lengthens and thickens dramatically, feels light, if slightly waxy, on lashes. If the wand isn't tended lovingly, however, it goes on way too heavily and practically turns lashes into one giant uni-lash. The other issue I have with it is removal. Even when applied sparingly, and taken off with an oil-based eye makeup remover, it seems there is *always* some left, especially on lower lashes, unless I rub much more than I'd prefer to. Despite the flaws, I keep going to it, day after day, so I obviously find it passable. I do really like the dramatic results it gives--I just hate all the finickiness. For that reason, i'll finish but will not (likely) repurchase. Also: asymmetrical brush is gimmicky and useless. Flat side always over-applies, fat side is ok.