Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.1

on 1/7/2015 2:27:00 PM

I was disappointed by this mascara. It says volume accelerator, but if anything the only thing I noticed was a little bit of extra length. It took me three coats to get any noticeable difference from my normal eye lashes. The first coat only made my eye lashes point in random directions. Would not buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Still my favorite mascara to date. Love the volume and lengthening it gives, plus it doesn't clump very much and doesn't flake either. The only thing I don't like about this brand is that it doesn't come in waterproof! Rimmel has waterproof mascara in almost all of the other mascaras it makes, why not this one? I don't get it. I look for it every time I go to the store and there never is one, it makes me so sad. I love waterproof mascaras and if they had one for Volume Accelerator, I would probably never buy another mascara again. Seriously.

on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

poor mascara. smudgy and leaves a clumpy,stringy mess with 1 light application.
Thrown out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I kept this for about 2 weeks before I threw it out. I'm totally into Volume as I require it for my long but not too thick lashes. I coated and coated and coated and just got an "ok" result.
I also did not feel that my eye lashes were healthy or nourished at all. In fact they were very dry and brittle feeling and I loathe that in a mascara. I was not a big fan of the price too being at $11.30. I certainly do not mind paying if something is worth it, but my $7 Maybelline Colossal or One by One (list goes on for Maybelline mascaras as I love them for most part) prove that price is not everything. Like the Lash Accelerator (Original) the smell was just awful and toxic too after being opened for just a couple of weeks. I actually got more volume from their Endless Accelerator then I ever did in the one week I tried with this Volume kind therefore I will not re-purchase this. I think Revlon Grow Luscious or Lash Potion, which is around the same price up here in Toronto is worth the $$. Maybe others had better luck.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by saying this mascara smudges and that is the only reason I wouldn't buy it again. The brush is awesome. It looks strange but it's extremely effective. It was great for reaching my lower lashes and the fine lashes towards the corner of my eyes without getting all over my lids. What really impressed me was how well it volumized, separated and defined the really fine lashes that usually get clumped together with my larger lashes when I use most mascaras. It really made me look like I had more lashes. It wasn't thick or clumpy and it didn't flake off either. Unfortunately, like I said, this smudges. Badly. After about 3 hours I noticed black rings forming around my eyes. I've tried using different primers and shadow bases to avoid this but no luck so far. I have deep set eyes and always have issues with this so if our eyes are not deep set this may not happen to you. It also is not waterproof which is a must for me since I wear contacts. If this came in a waterproof formula I'd try it again.

For probably the last 6 years, I have exclusively used mascaras with those spiky, rubbery wands like Covergirl LashBlast and Maybelline The Rocket. I always felt like traditional wands didn't separate my lashes enough or build enough volume. Enter Rimmel Volume Accelerator, which I originally bought as a base to layer underneath my Maybelline The Rocket. I find this product to be almost IDENTICAL to DiorShow Mascara, but I honestly prefer the Rimmel version! If you like thick, dramatic, black lashes this is it for you. It has really great staying power and I never notice any annoying clumps or flakes falling down. I don't know that I've noticed any extra thickness to my lashes as its marketed, but they for sure feel softer and more flexible when I wash my makeup off at night, so that's a bonus! Love, love, love this product and I am definitely converted from my old HGs!

on 12/17/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Not a very voluminous mascara, and you can forget about the length. This ruins the curl of my lashes and weighs it down, and easy to get on my lids. What attracted me to buying it initially was the brush, I love the brush for my almond eyes. Wish I could use it with a different mascara formula.

on 10/4/2012 11:21:00 AM

I love this stuff! I can definitely notice a difference that my lashes look fuller. Whether or not it permanently does it, probably not. But either way, I love the look of this. The brush isn't bad so don't believe other reviews that it's the most horrible thing on earth. The brush helps the the little lashes that are hard to reach like in the corners of your eyes. I love to curl my lashes first, then apply this. It makes my eyes look wide open and full! I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the packaging of Rimmel Volume Accelerator! It's so pretty looking, and I would love carrying it around in my bag. But I don't use it. I've tried, but it just does nothing. I have pretty long and decently thick lashes already, but they don't stand out too much, so obviously I like to use mascaras on them. This just doesn't cut it. The formula is watery, as most rimmel mascara formulas are. The brush is awkward and hard to use, and it doesn't grab onto my lashes. It does nothing except clump and make them look flakey. However, on rare occasions, it decides to work. And it looks amazing. And that's why I keep it around. Would I repurchase? No, but it's a decent mascara. Just too watery. When it dries out, I think I'll like it better.